IMSA | Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge | Revival? See post #622Open 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 654 comments

Please vote on all the selections below.

• Room Open: 10AM PDT / 1PM EDT / 5PM UTC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
conti_logo.png

thread_banner.png

• Q: When do you race?
  • A: Sundays at 9:00am PDT / 12:00pm EDT / 4:00pm UTC (room opens at this time)
  • Q: How long are the races?
  • A: Practice is 20 minutes, then 15 minutes of qualifying, followed by a 40 minute race.
  • Q: Do we have to make a pit stop?
  • A: Yes, 1 mandatory pit stop is required any time during the race.
  • Q: Standing start or rolling start?
  • A: All races begin with a rolling start after 1 warm up lap @ 50mph (80kph)
  • Q: Is there a safety car or safety car periods?
  • A: One may be used for the warm up lap, but not during the race.
  • Q: What are the damage, slipstream and tire/fuel consumption settings?
  • A: Damage is on heavy, slipstream on Real, T/F consumption on Normal.
  • Q: Do the GS and ST classes race together?
  • A: Yes, but if there are more than 16 drivers participating, they will race separately.
  • Q: What will the time settings be?
  • A: Time is set for best lighting on circuits that allow adjustment.
  • Q: What will the weather settings be?
  • A: Weather will reflect the actual weather at the real life circuit for that given day.
  • Q: What tires are being used?
  • A: All cars will run on Sports Soft tires
room_settings.png
schedule_map.png

schedule_v1.png
specs_GS_v2.png
specs_ST_v2.png

For GS Glass, please click HERE to make sure your car selection is available before registering.
For ST Glass, please click HERE to make sure your car selection is available before registering.

After checking availability, you can submit your registration by clicking on a graphic below:

gs_reg_button.png st_reg_button.png
Race results can be found HERE.

Championship standings can be found HERE.

Last edited:
Once I get the specs right, I'll go about replicating all the team colors, etc. Should be a good selection to choose from. Unfortunately the RUF's won't have number plates, but at least they have been updated visually. Can just keep track of them by colors.

@LancerEvo7, you and I raced in a similar version of this series for GT5. Any chance you might some interest in this?

As for me, I'm interested in this series as well. I'm hoping there wont be numerous clashes with my schedule re: work and other Sunday Afternoon US EDT series.

I'm quite interested in this, would like to try the GS class - but I'd also be happy with ST class if people were needed to make up numbers

One quick note, all cars will be on Sport Soft tires. I know the real cars use slicks, but as it is I already have to neuter them quite a bit (especially the Aston) just to bring them down to the correct speeds, and using RH tires just wasn't going to work. I think the handling is just fine on SS though.

Oh, and we'll be doing rolling starts per the real series. Maybe we need a pace car driver. ;)
It's the least I can do if I cannot take part in this series as a racing driver. :) Maybe @ranhammerR34 could be interested as well in case I cannot make it if I'll be at work those days?

If there was anything that could get me back on GT it would be this. Sadly the time will never work for me though :(.

I'm interested, I love this series! If you also need some help with the cars testing just let me know :)
I have the specs set up for the Mustang, Camaro, Aston, M3 and 370Z. Just need to finish the Subaru, RUF RGT and all of the ST class cars. Right now the time spread, according to my driving and my lack of tuning skills (mainly using @praiano63 tunes - these are quite good) between the GS cars is 1:56.594 to 1:56.707 with 10 laps run for each car.

We'll have a pre-season test/quick races to see if anything needs to be adjusted accordingly. Details to come.

I would consider if the time is suitable for me.
What would be a suitable time?

Also, I'm not going to make the thread reveal time that I set in the OP. A LOT of stuff to create, not enough time to do it. (I also have to do family stuff on Sunday) Will try to get everything up by Monday, Tuesday at the absolute latest. Trust me, it'll be worth it! :D

What would be a suitable time?

Also, I'm not going to make the thread reveal time that I set in the OP. A LOT of stuff to create, not enough time to do it. (I also have to do family stuff on Sunday) Will try to get everything up by Monday, Tuesday at the absolute latest. Trust me, it'll be worth it! :D

That is still to be decided lol, i work shift work ATM(will change soon) so right now um unsure.

what time are you planning to run this?

I'm interested in this. Time should be able to work as long as the races aren't over an hour long.
P.S. I would love it if the Hyundai Genesis was added.

Ok thats 4am for me, not sure if i am able to do, but see how it goes.

Also have you considered Autumn ring mini as a Substitute for Lime Rock.

Cape Ring South is probably the track most similar to Mosport as well.

I wasn't really trying to substitute any tracks, just used what we had for USA tracks and filled in the gaps with courses I thought would produce good racing.

I wasn't really trying to substitute any tracks, just used what we had for USA tracks and filled in the gaps with courses I thought would produce good racing.
ahk then yeah probably avoid those tracks i mentioned then lol.

Trial Mountain would be a good track I think.

Sounds great, was able to see both of the first 2 rounds of the championship live during the Florida swing.

Our local team simulated the ST class in our last season, running 2 hour races with 3 different chassis and driver changes.

We'll be looking to start our GS class events with a testing session this Friday. Perhaps we'll look to field some drivers in your Sunday events.

Yeah the real races are pretty long, but I think anything over 1 hour in GT for a weekly series is too much. I'll throw up a pole when the final OP is released so we can get a good idea of what people prefer for race distance.

There was some talk last year about the switch and Fall-Line has been making some parts for the M4, however they are indeed still using the M3. Have not heard any confirmation on the switch actually happening.

Speaking of the M3, I was surprised by how much higher it's minimum weight was versus all the other GS class cars, including the Camaro and Mustang. Doesn't seem to slow it down much though.

Back