Include this Jaguar

  • Thread starter Thread starter James1985
  • 75 comments
  • 4,269 views
I beleive the XJ220 and XJR 15 are better cars from jag...
 
That would be a cool car to have in GT4, but it looks a lot like the 787B. I'm fine as long as they have the XJ220 in GT4.
 
That car the XJR-9 has some pretty good specs...
It's a 7 liter V12 with around 700Bhp and competed aginst cars like the 787b and the Mecedes C11.
 
Originally posted by wildcard
That would be a cool car to have in GT4, but it looks a lot like the 787B. I'm fine as long as they have the XJ220 in GT4.

It's a similar vintage - the glory days of Group C sportscar racing in the late '80s/early 90's.

It's actually a lot shorter than the 787B.

Those things were monsters, with Porsche, Lancia, Nissan, Mazda, Toyota, Mercedes, Jagaur and many other manufacturers involved. It was huge, before the FIA started to meddle with it and killed it.

There's quite a good history of it here. You guys should do some study into its history.
 
That Jaquar looks like two cars slaped together. The front looks like the 787B, and the back looks like the Lotus race car from GT2.

I don't see a need for it.
 
well good news for all xj220 fans is that ive seen the xj220 in some screenshots of gt4, so there is an xj220 in gt4. hop that helped!!!
 
Good link vat man Group C sportscar raceing was mega and i hope more of them will be in gt4 to go with 787b. cars like 800bhp Sauber Mercedes c9. it would be nice to see the silver arrows in Gt4
1989_Sauber63.jpg
 
I'm surprised this Jaguar hasn't been in a Gran Turismo game yet:


p6.jpg
 
Originally posted by Laser Lens
I'm surprised this Jaguar hasn't been in a Gran Turismo game yet:


p6.jpg

Im glad it hasnt been in... I cant stand vintage cars like that!!!!! its such an ugly pile of poo!:lol:

just my Opinion!
 
Originally posted by Arse-out
Im glad it hasnt been in... I cant stand vintage cars like that!!!!! its such an ugly pile of poo!:lol:

just my Opinion!

You may don't lke it, but you don't have to call it names like that.

Remember you'll get old too one day ;)
 
Originally posted by Arse-out
Im glad it hasnt been in... I cant stand vintage cars like that!!!!! its such an ugly pile of poo!:lol:

just my Opinion!

Madness.
 
haha....ugly :odd:

Damnit, if only that group C was still around untouched, would be very interesting. I only remember the cars (I LOVED that paint scheme on the Jag when I was young), not any of the history of the series they took part in, so thanks for the link.
 
I would like to see this one:

TRAN064.jpg


I've actually seen it in real life. I use the word "it" advisedly, there is only one in the whole world.

That, plus the XJR-15. And that prototype they were knocking around for a while, the XK180, the car in the foreground below...

xk180.jpg
 
That XK180 is a fine looking car
 
i'd rather like the XK180, the E-type and the X-type that is displayed below to be in Gt4 than a HISTORICAL LE MANS CAR.

xtyperacing.jpg


xtyperacing9.jpg


xtyperacing10.jpg


xtyperacing2.jpg


xtyperacing4.jpg


:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
 
Hey Dirkiyo isn't th\t the new X-type that's going to be in the new British version of the Aussie V8's?
 
No, that X-Type would rubbish to drive, it was built more as a styling exercise and had no reason to have any work done on making it driveable.
 
Originally posted by live4speed
No, that X-Type would rubbish to drive, it was built more as a styling exercise and had no reason to have any work done on making it driveable.

Actually, that would be Jaguar's entry into the new British V8 Saloon championship, as Wee_man correctly identified - I think Honda showed a V8 Accord a couple of weeks ago.

Re the XJR-13 - I saw a perfect replica of it running around Albert Park in an historic meeting a year before the GP kicked off there - just gorgeous..
 
It looks like it could make a nice GT class car too. But I'm sure the Porsches would eat it up, like they do to every other GT class car.:D
 
Originally posted by Arse-out
Im glad it hasnt been in... I cant stand vintage cars like that!!!!! its such an ugly pile of poo!:lol:

just my Opinion!
You clearly don't agree with Enzo Ferrari.
 
Originally posted by cerbman1
You clearly don't agree with Enzo Ferrari.

Well, actually he does agree with Enzo, who famously said "The best Ferrari ever is my next one, the one I haven't designed yet".

Enzo was famous for his complete unsentimentality about old cars, it is for this reason that none of the famous "Sharknose" GP cars remained, and you would never have seen one had it not been for Chris Rea and Nick Mason spending some £3m rebuilding the car from scratch with only personal anecdotes and photos to go from.
 
Originally posted by GilesGuthrie
Well, actually he does agree with Enzo, who famously said "The best Ferrari ever is my next one, the one I haven't designed yet".

Enzo was famous for his complete unsentimentality about old cars, it is for this reason that none of the famous "Sharknose" GP cars remained, and you would never have seen one had it not been for Chris Rea and Nick Mason spending some £3m rebuilding the car from scratch with only personal anecdotes and photos to go from.
He also said that the E-type was the most beautiful car he'd seen.
 
Originally posted by vat_man
Actually, that would be Jaguar's entry into the new British V8 Saloon championship, as Wee_man correctly identified - I think Honda showed a V8 Accord a couple of weeks ago.

Re the XJR-13 - I saw a perfect replica of it running around Albert Park in an historic meeting a year before the GP kicked off there - just gorgeous..

No, that would'nt, the X-type racing concept was just that a concept and din't work very well, they are making a car with similar or identical looks but the concept which came out a year ago did'nt have anywhere neay good enough mechanicals to drive well on roads or a alone a race track.

And yes the XJR-13 is a really nice car.
 
Look at that frontal view on the x-type, WOW. :eek:
 
Personally I actually think that it's the new Jaguars which are rubbish, compared to say the older ones. In comparing them to their current and past competitors in the market, Jaguar used to make the ultimate sports cars. E.g. The E-type was a fantastic car for it's day and very quick for it's day as well. That's also said for most of the Jaguars from some time ago. Now with the XK8 and new Jags their just Tourers. They're not sports cars at all really. IMO the last great Jaguar super car was the XJ220 and that's when it all ended for me. All I want is to see Jaguar make a worthy return to sports car racing. I have seen a XKR GT car, but from seing it compete with the other cars in it's class in the Brit GT champiosnhip, it's just blown away.:( . Although to see them make a return to touring cars would be good.:)
Edit: To those who said they'd much prefer the other Jags "than the classic Le Mans car" in refernace to the XJ9, you're absolutly mad. If they were to inclue it in GT4 it would absolutly blow the Mazda 787B away (well in theory it should do) and i'd even put my money on saying it would be the second fastest car in teh game stock to the F1 cars...:)
 
You got that right about the older jags being better. The XJR9 would definitely be one of the fastest cars in GT4 if it was included but yuou'd have to presume cars like the C11 would be included well which was the dominating car when the XJR9 raced.
 
Back