Include this Jaguar

  • Thread starter Thread starter James1985
  • 75 comments
  • 4,269 views
Yeah. Although if you want to go all out you could say the quickest Group C car of the time was the XJ14 IMO. Well I think it was ultimatly the quickest until they killed Group C.
 
I never saw the XJ14 race or any stats for it, we should hope thats in GT4 then.
 
It was basically (for it's day anyway) and F1 car with a Group C body. Actually it was soo good that the Joest Prosche LMP which ran in 96-98 (I think) used the same chasis and other parts I've heard. And the Joest was one of the quickest cars round Le Mans for its years.:)
 
Which do u think is the better car the Sauber Mercedes C9 or the Sauber Mercedes C11.
i would like to see some more group c cars to go with the 787b, then there could be a group c championship. so they would need about 6 cars.

In a real race which do u think would win a Group C car or a new le man car like the Bently speed 8

Sauber C9
Le_Mans-1989-06-11-061.jpg
 
my first post on this site. Hello to all. I hope we get to see some audi sport quattro pike peak racers in the new GT.
 
Welcome to GTP forums, and yes the Quattro that races the pikes peak is just sooo mean, I'd like to see the RS200 Evolution as well.
 
As for the C11 vs the EXP Speed 8I think the EXP Speed 8 would win without a doubt, the technology has moved on so much, the power is lower but only by 50-60Bhp. It's like rally cars the old Group B cars were alot more powerful than todays WRC cars but todays cars can go round the average rally stage quicker than a Group B car could.
 
they may go round faster but, they don`t sound and look as mean.
audipeak.jpg
 
That's an odd-looking car! The shape of the spoilers remind me of the Escudo!
 
Funny that, being as they both raced on the pikes peak challenge.
 
Funny that, being as they both raced on the pikes peak challenge.
 
Funny that, being as they both raced on the pikes peak challenge.
 
Funny that, being as they both raced on the pikes peak challenge.
 
I know this is old but I had to quote it.

ZEE
I beleive the XJ220 and XJR 15 are better cars from jag...

Never! The xj220 was a comlete failure and is shunned. Both are pigs. Have you ever watched the top gear where they test the XJR-15, they call it the worst handling car ever. I believe it only raced twice. The xj220 is under appreciated but isn't nearly good as the group C xjr-9. On whether the bently or would get beaten by a group c car, it would depend on the track. Group C cars had much more horsepower but were not able to develope good frontal downforce. I belive there was an article in musallanscorner.com (sp) that commented that they could produce front downforce but not without hurting the total downforce of the car, so they didn't bother developing it that far. The bently has exellent downforce but also is hurt by having greater levels of drag.
 
GilesGuthrie
I would like to see this one:

That, plus the XJR-15. And that prototype they were knocking around for a while, the XK180, the car in the foreground below...

xk180.jpg

Looks a lot like the Speedy Racer's Mach 5 :dopey:
 
GilesGuthrie
I would like to see this one:

TRAN064.jpg


I've actually seen it in real life. I use the word "it" advisedly, there is only one in the whole world.

That, plus the XJR-15. And that prototype they were knocking around for a while, the XK180, the car in the foreground below...

xk180.jpg

I would rather see this one!
 
Notice the Gran Turismo version of the XJ220 is sitting right behind the XJR9 in that first picture.
 
Good eyes, the359, I guess that is why your the list man.
 
Nemo
I would rather see this one!

The above car shows a Jaguar XJ 13, not XJR 13. (Actually XJR 13 is
not a valid model to me? Prove me wrong.)

The XJ13 was build for LeMans, but a late reglement change would not
let it perform there. Two were build as far as i know and one of it
crashed during a test run. So badly that it couldn´t be rebuild.

That makes one existing model left. If i am right this should be seen in
Coventry in the Jaguar museum.

Sorry for being so narrow minded, but the XJ13 is one of the nicest
racers that was ever build...so i had to write this one...
 
The359
Notice the Gran Turismo version of the XJ220 is sitting right behind the XJR9 in that first picture.

jag-03.jpg


You mean in this pic?!

I was minutely checking the reflections in the other two pics... when I realised what you meant!!

C.
 
The Jag XJR's (5-17) were some of the most sucessful 'Sports Prototypes' ever! - probably second only to the mighty Porsche 956/962's. More so than the GT40, GT-One, 787, 917, D-type etc, etc. These Jags ruled sportscar racing in their day, winning Le Mans, Sebring & Daytona multiple times and probably every international sportscar series (IMSA etc)
Not only that, but they now rule the 'historic' group C championship as well.

The Jag XJR 15 (like the one in GT2) was basically a road going XJR-9 by TWR, with styling by Peter Stevens (of Macca F1 fame) Unfortunatly Jag started to develop the XJ220, leaving the XJR-15 to run in a one-make series supporting the F1 Grand Prixs for a couple of seasons. after that some were made 'road legal' but since they were not developed for this they were criticized for having evil handling. The XJ220, like the F40 was never ment to be a racing car, so was never very successful as a one. Quite why Jag wants the XJ220 rather than the XJR-9etc in its GT games is supprising!
 
PhatFat
Also there was no XJR-13 but I don't know why.

I suspect it's the same reason a lot of footballers, cricketers etc don't wear number 13... They're all superstitious!!

C.
 
yeti
I suspect it's the same reason a lot of footballers, cricketers etc don't wear number 13... They're all superstitious!!

C.


Also maybe it could have been because in the 60's they had the XJ-13 prototype.
 
cerbman1
It is in. :)
err excuse me, but just to query, do you have any evidence to back up this confirmation like some screenshots or a segment in a car list or something like that??
 
nitro_2003
err excuse me, but just to query, do you have any evidence to back up this confirmation like some screenshots or a segment in a car list or something like that??
I've been in touch Jaguar amongst other British car makers and the person in charge of these matters at Jaguar told me. If you go back a few pages you'll see my list.
 
errr, i dont see anything on a list of yours in this thread. could you show me where it is???
 
nitro_2003
errr, i dont see anything on a list of yours in this thread. could you show me where it is???
Its in the Master Car list thread.
 
Back