Interesting/Cool Modifications

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by ewitspaul, Dec 7, 2013.

1. 508920

I could if I remembered how, but I really don't know anymore. Probably won at a seasonal event.

MonGnoM likes this.
  2. MonGnoM

MonGnoM (Banned)

Seasonals ;)

3. NoizeboyMugen

NoizeboyMugen

It was a prize through one of the seasonal events. Can't remember which one exactly off the top of my head but I know it's how I got mine.

4. gregorius93

gregorius93

okey, got it. thanks for the help guys :cheers:

5. titleguy1

titleguy1

Have you ever wanted a factory-style wheel on an Audi, painted black? Well, wait no more! For it's called a Enkei SC05!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I must say, I do like it quite a lot.

6. ChrisFax4Ever

ChrisFax4Ever

7. City of Arts and Sciences. Photomode location.

508920 and ChrisFax4Ever like this.
  8. ChrisFax4Ever

ChrisFax4Ever

Thanks the stig farmer :)

508920 and The Stig Farmer like this.
  9. Pootis

Pootis

Here are all the screenshots I took from Photo Travel. All images are from Gemasolar. They're in a spoiler because some people have slow connections, bandwidth caps, or are using a mobile device like a phone or handheld like a PS Vita or Wii U. I also included pictures of the car in its stock form.

Stock:

[​IMG]
    Side

[​IMG]
    Front

[​IMG]
    Rear

[​IMG]
    Top view of rear wing

[​IMG]
    Side view of rear wing
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Aero Kits:

Type A:

[​IMG]
    Front

[​IMG]
    Rear

Type B:

[​IMG]
    Front

[​IMG]
    Rear

Type C:

[​IMG]
    Front

[​IMG]
    Rear
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rear Wing:

Type A:

[​IMG]
    Side

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Rear

Type B:

[​IMG]
    Side

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Rear

Type C:

[​IMG]
    Side

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Rear
    Other (livery section behind the front wheels):

Part A:

[​IMG]
    1 badge

Part B:

[​IMG]
    2 badges and the number 12

Part C:

[​IMG]
    3 badges without the 12

Note: Wheels can not be changed or the front wing.

I personally use the following:

Aero:

Type C

Wing:

Type C

Other:

Type C

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    JoaoSilva, MonGnoM, Harsk100 and 11 others like this.
  10. JayFezza7

JayFezza7

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_18.jpg City of Arts and Sciences - Night_19.jpg

That's about all u can get with the aero kits, this is pre number sticker update though!

11. C5-R_Racer_84

C5-R_Racer_84

No more interesting or unique modifications have been found since January? Although, to be honest, I was kind of surprised that the Alpine VGT was a pair of cars and not a single car with the rear wing being an aftermarket part.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    508920 likes this.
  12. CSMDuty11

CSMDuty11

Im pretty sure they have been funded, nearly everybody wants the unique parts on their cars! :lol:

C5-R_Racer_84 likes this.
  13. MonGnoM

MonGnoM (Banned)

Well, Spikes on the tank car, and rallying it is pretty nice too. Chamonix Hauptstrecke_1.jpg

14. eran0004

eran0004

Well, here's an interesting / cool modification: The semi-racing exhaust of the Alpine A110 looks like the exhaust of the group 4 rally car.

C5-R_Racer_84 and TNR_KING_FILO like this.
  15. HuskyGT

HuskyGT

Love the RS6, but that's one of those cars you can't get to look right (or better than stock) no matter what you do. Same problem in Forza.

C5-R_Racer_84 likes this.
  16. trustjab

trustjab

I just noticed from doing the Viper seasonal that if you have the '08 Viper ACR, adding the (non-body colored) carbon hood keeps the stripe on the left side. Paint the car and it turns the stripe the same color. Also does it on the stock rear wing endplates and stripe.

hEDpH81 and HKS racer like this.
  17. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Really? I've tried to make mine white with the stripe and it didn't ever work.

18. trustjab

trustjab

Ill post a picture in an edit of this post. Stay tuned

Attached Files:

Islaygaz and ZedMan1996 like this.
  19. JoaoSilva

JoaoSilva

@Pootis you can actually recreate the Lotus 98t F1 car with those parts.

Harsk100 likes this.
  20. Mike_grpA

Mike_grpA

I don't know if it's been said already, but the Daihatsu Midget II used to have the best rear wing placement when the game first came out, which was sitting in the middle of the tray, with massive wing stays, very racing truck style. For some reason an update moved it to the roof with almost non-existent stays....

Wow thanks for fixing that for us PD... Don't worry about fixing all the actual bugs in the game, just remove the one thing that made the midget in GT6 awesome....:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

hEDpH81 and Harsk100 like this.
  21. CSMDuty11

CSMDuty11

Pic?

Lubeify100 and hsv like this.
  22. eran0004

eran0004

You must have been dreaming, it has always had the wing on the roof. Here's a video from December 7th 2013:

As for your rant: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-gt6-epic-whining-and-crying-thread.282208/

Lubeify100, Il_Conte_Sky and hsv like this.
  23. Bo

Bo Premium

This has never been a thing. Ever.

24. Mike_grpA

Mike_grpA

Except for the fact it has. I never took a photo of mine, but I never updated the car icon in the garage, so it still has the old wing in that image.

It was a very cool mod, because it made the thing look like a mini race truck. I have no idea why they changed it, but they did.

Bare in mind that I didn't have the net when GT6 came out, so I didn't do any updates to the game until it had been out for 6 months or so, so it might have been a day one update "fix".

I'll get a photo of the garage icon later on with my phone and post it.

25. R5

R5 (Banned)

I find it unlikely PD would change the wing position from GT5 and fix it back again on day 1.

It's more likely a glitch than a modification.

Smuttysy and hsv like this.
  26. Mike_grpA

Mike_grpA

No way it was a glitch, it was completely different. If it was a glitch it wouldn't have looked right.

The wing stays connected to the centre of the tray, and were quite long, and the wing itself sat a bit higher than half way up to roof height. I actually said to a friend of mine who was there when I was doing the car up that they should have made it longer so the wing was at the same height as the roof, and how cool it would've looked. I also said that where the wing sat, IRL it wouldn't get much airflow to it, as it'd just get turbulent air from over the top of the roof.

I honestly couldn't care less if people don't believe me, but I actually find it funny that people are flat out dismissing it without having a clue themselves. You would need to have bought the car and modified it without having done any updates to the game to even have an opinion on if I was making it up or not, which you obviously didn't.

Ask yourself what I would have to gain by making up something so random lol. I don't waste my time with making **** up.

Edit* Quick google search later, here we go:
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ented-changes-also-listed-in-op.306554/page-3
    Post #69, Obviously PD had accidentally left the brackets there when they changed the wing placement.

Edit#2** Just put the game on and took these photos:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  27. eran0004

eran0004

Well, that has got to be 1.00 then, because in 1.01 the spoiler was on the roof.

28. Mike_grpA

Mike_grpA

As I said.... They changed it in an update. As I didn't update the game 'till 6 months after it came out, I didn't know which update changed it.

So if you're happy I've gone to enough trouble to prove I wasn't making it up, even though I can't imagine why anyone would make up such a thing, I would like to say once again a big thanks to PD for addressing such a big problem with the game... Don't worry about making the physics actually work...

On a more serious note, I'll never update that picture in the garage, the car looks stupid now... I just wish I had've gotten some good photos and a replay of it with the old wing :(

If I didn't mind re-downloading 19 gig worth of updates I would delete the game data just to be able to drive that beast again.

STONDKIWI likes this.
  29. eran0004

eran0004

It's 1.01 because the video I shared is from December 7th. The game was released on December 6th and 1.01 was released on December 5th. That would also explain why you're the only one who remember it, because most players started on version 1.01 or later.

The physics do work, and even if they didn't it's not the car modelling team that's responsible for the physics so I don't know why you're blaming them for it.

30. Mike_grpA

Mike_grpA

I wouldn't think that most people who bought GT6 have the internet, so I doubt that's correct that most players started on 1.01.

So in your opinion, there's nothing wrong with the physics? camber doesn't have any use in the real world? high front ride height promotes oversteer? what about the top speeds of the cars in GT6? they must be accurate too then hey? The moon physics when you roll over? I could go on if you like...

I didn't blame the modelling team for screwing up the physics... I'm not sure how you got that from what I wrote... My problem was with who ever decided that it was important enough to get someone to change that wing, and yet no one at Polyphony Digital feels the countless problems with the physics in GT6 are important enough to fix. Does that explain it in enough detail? Typical PD, ignore any problems with the game, and "fix" what isn't even broken.