Interesting/Cool Modifications

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by ewitspaul, Dec 7, 2013.

1. eran0004

eran0004

You don't think people have their PS3 connected to the internet? I find that hard to believe.

In my opinion there's a lot of things that can be improved, but the physics do work.

Who do you think is more likely to have changed the position of the wing: The people responsible for the physics or the people responsible for the car models?

2. Mike_grpA

Mike_grpA

You still haven't understood a thing I've written, so I'll try again.

I didn't say I don't think "people" have their ps3s connected to the net. I said I doubt the MAJORITY of people who bought gt6 have the internet. Are you implying that you actually think everyone in the world with a ps3 has the internet?

The physics don't work if the tyre model, suspension model, aerodynamics model, and the way weight distribution is modeled all have major flaws, which they all do.

Again, I didn't say a single thing about who changed the position of the wing. Are you implying that a 3D modeler has taken it upon themselves to just change it, without direction from a superior? The point I made was why was someone told to change the wing, when no one, it seems, has been told to fix any of the massive bugs that have been in the game's physics from day one....

3. SCER

SCER

In the US, 78% of PS3s are connected to the internet.

A valid point but one so commonplace and so scatter-gun that, as eran0004 pointed out, it probably belongs in the whining and crying thread.

JoaoSilva likes this.
  4. Aussie_HSV

Aussie_HSV (Banned)

Actually, the point you were making was that if there are certain perceived 'big' issues, absolutely nothing else should be done until those issues are sorted out.

Something which I completely disagree with.

5. Mike_grpA

Mike_grpA

Considering I said nothing even remotely close to that, I don't think you understand the point I made at all. At what point did I say "absolutely nothing else should be done until those issues are sorted out"? I said (paraphrasing), why, when there are such big fundamental issues in the game, do they need to do something that won't make the game any better at all? That is completely different to "they shouldn't do anything else".

6. Aussie_HSV

Aussie_HSV (Banned)

Without question you were insinuating that they shouldn't be wasting their time on insignificant changes when there are bigger issues at hand.

If not, the connection between the rear wing position of a Daihatsu Midget and camber is .... ?

7. Mike_grpA

Mike_grpA

Ok so you've gone from saying that my point was PD shouldn't make any changes until the bugs in gt6 are fixed, to "without question" they shouldn't waste time on insignificant changes when there are bigger issues at hand?

Which one should I be responding to?

I don't mind if they do tiny changes to the game if it's something that their customers actually want. What did they achieve by changing where the wing is on a car, and then changing it again for a day one patch?

Anyway this has gone way off topic. My first post was relevant, as was the one with the pics proving the existence of this mod, and then I've had a bunch of people arguing over things I didn't even say, so I give up.

8. OriginalCheezIt

OriginalCheezIt

Slide3.PNG

hEDpH81, Yui-san, GTRacer22 and 11 others like this.
  9. eran0004

eran0004

I think most people who play GT6 also downloads and installs updates as they become available. Most people would have started on 1.01 rather than 1.00, because 1.01 was already available for download when the game was released. Personally I started on 1.02.

The physics do work, they're just not 100% realistic in every aspect.

I don't know the chain of command behind the changing of the wing, it could be anyone's "orders" really. Regardless of which, there's no reason why physics should put everything else on hold.

10. C5-R_Racer_84

C5-R_Racer_84

The wing placement on the Chevrolet SSR (the only good-looking truck ever made, in my honest opinion) is pretty good too.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    Smuttysy and Mike_grpA like this.
  11. Bluesman001

Bluesman001

Thanks to this thread I spent about 2-3 Mil in mods (including the Alpine mod from Snaeper, and I had to buy the BMW Z8 in red with the mods like the one Lewis_Hamilton_ did in white.)

[​IMG]

And had to get my redneck on with NoBloodyName's Bandit Trans Am with full mods.

[​IMG]

This pic is the Bandit with bright blue painted brakes.
    [​IMG]

And here is a GT40 in matte black:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  12. seancasteel21

seancasteel21

13. Bluesman001

Bluesman001

It was an award for 1st Place win from a seasonal sometime back. I have Gold, Chrome, and Green Chrome. I'm not always able to 1st place some of those seasonals and I suck at Cart races and Drifting.

C5-R_Racer_84 and seancasteel21 like this.
  14. seancasteel21

seancasteel21

I'm so excited that now we can add guages because of the update!!!

15. seancasteel21

seancasteel21

I was asking someone if you could get any chromes offline

16. seancasteel21

seancasteel21

have you added guages to your cars yet?

17. Swagger897

Swagger897 Premium

For the love of whatever God you do/don't believe in... Stop double posting.

kolio123, Yui-san, Furinkazen and 9 others like this.
  18. GTRacer22

GTRacer22 Premium

Or triple posting, for that matter...

19. seancasteel21

seancasteel21

lol

oranjoos likes this.
  20. GTRacer22

GTRacer22 Premium

Really?

Swagger897, KinLM and Lubeify100 like this.
  21. WhiterunGuard

WhiterunGuard

Tis' not funny, no one likes double posting...except for some rare cases where it is needed.

Lubeify100 and C5-R_Racer_84 like this.
  22. seancasteel21

seancasteel21

my bad... i thought you meant in in like a funny tone, not a serious one

23. Swagger897

Swagger897 Premium

no not at all.... You keep doing that and you'll be banned.

Lubeify100 likes this.
  24. oranjoos

oranjoos

What is with people in this community and their relentless sass towards those who don't know the rules word for word. I'm sure it didn't cause you guys that much trouble to scroll a couple more times to reach the next post, so you could tell him a little more politely that he isn't supposed to double post.

25. GTRacer22

GTRacer22 Premium

Well, upon registering, you should read the AUP. In there, it clearly states all that is acceptable and all that is not. To anyone who has not read it, I highly recommend it. :tup:

26. SCER

SCER

I'd wager that most people don't read the AUP upon registering on gtplanet, that's just the way people are. Talking down to them upon their making basically harmless mistakes for the first time only serves to make those doing so look ridiculous, as 99% of people don't need to be told twice.

27. Swagger897

Swagger897 Premium

The AUP is not that long as opposed to most other EULA's that people don't read when downloading items from the Internet, or reading warnings from commercials...

It was not my intent to "sass" anyone. I looked at how many posts he/she had and thought 'maybe they don't know not to double post, so here I go...'

Mere warning if you look at it that way, sass if you continue yours...

Anyways, it's done now. Go find some fubar stuff and post it in here now.

Lubeify100 likes this.
  28. seancasteel21

seancasteel21

my bad guys if i would have known, i wouldn't have double posted... i'll try to read it next time

Swagger897 likes this.
  29. eran0004

eran0004

Keep in mind that you can always edit your old post if you want to add something new. Welcome to GTPlanet! :gtpflag:

30. seancasteel21

seancasteel21

thanks, im kinda new to the gt planet thing :gtpflag:(just edited this post to add this flag thing)

eran0004 and KinLM like this.