Interesting/Cool Modifications

• Thread starter ewitspaul
  • 1,061 comments
I wouldn't think that most people who bought GT6 have the internet, so I doubt that's correct that most players started on 1.01.

So in your opinion, there's nothing wrong with the physics? camber doesn't have any use in the real world? high front ride height promotes oversteer? what about the top speeds of the cars in GT6? they must be accurate too then hey? The moon physics when you roll over? I could go on if you like...

I didn't blame the modelling team for screwing up the physics... I'm not sure how you got that from what I wrote... My problem was with who ever decided that it was important enough to get someone to change that wing, and yet no one at Polyphony Digital feels the countless problems with the physics in GT6 are important enough to fix. Does that explain it in enough detail? Typical PD, ignore any problems with the game, and "fix" what isn't even broken.

You don't think people have their PS3 connected to the internet? I find that hard to believe.

In my opinion there's a lot of things that can be improved, but the physics do work.

Who do you think is more likely to have changed the position of the wing: The people responsible for the physics or the people responsible for the car models?

You don't think people have their PS3 connected to the internet? I find that hard to believe.

In my opinion there's a lot of things that can be improved, but the physics do work.

Who do you think is more likely to have changed the position of the wing: The people responsible for the physics or the people responsible for the car models?

You still haven't understood a thing I've written, so I'll try again.

I didn't say I don't think "people" have their ps3s connected to the net. I said I doubt the MAJORITY of people who bought gt6 have the internet. Are you implying that you actually think everyone in the world with a ps3 has the internet?

The physics don't work if the tyre model, suspension model, aerodynamics model, and the way weight distribution is modeled all have major flaws, which they all do.

Again, I didn't say a single thing about who changed the position of the wing. Are you implying that a 3D modeler has taken it upon themselves to just change it, without direction from a superior? The point I made was why was someone told to change the wing, when no one, it seems, has been told to fix any of the massive bugs that have been in the game's physics from day one....

I didn't say I don't think "people" have their ps3s connected to the net. I said I doubt the MAJORITY of people who bought gt6 have the internet. Are you implying that you actually think everyone in the world with a ps3 has the internet?

In the US, 78% of PS3s are connected to the internet.

The physics don't work if the tyre model, suspension model, aerodynamics model, and the way weight distribution is modeled all have major flaws, which they all do.

Again, I didn't say a single thing about who changed the position of the wing. Are you implying that a 3D modeler has taken it upon themselves to just change it, without direction from a superior? The point I made was why was someone told to change the wing, when no one, it seems, as been told to fix any of the massive bugs that have been in the game's physics from day one....

A valid point but one so commonplace and so scatter-gun that, as eran0004 pointed out, it probably belongs in the whining and crying thread.

Again, I didn't say a single thing about who changed the position of the wing. Are you implying that a 3D modeler has taken it upon themselves to just change it, without direction from a superior? The point I made was why was someone told to change the wing, when no one, it seems, has been told to fix any of the massive bugs that have been in the game's physics from day one....
Actually, the point you were making was that if there are certain perceived 'big' issues, absolutely nothing else should be done until those issues are sorted out.

Something which I completely disagree with.

Actually, the point you were making was that if there are certain perceived 'big' issues, absolutely nothing else should be done until those issues are sorted out.

Something which I completely disagree with.

Considering I said nothing even remotely close to that, I don't think you understand the point I made at all. At what point did I say "absolutely nothing else should be done until those issues are sorted out"? I said (paraphrasing), why, when there are such big fundamental issues in the game, do they need to do something that won't make the game any better at all? That is completely different to "they shouldn't do anything else".

Without question you were insinuating that they shouldn't be wasting their time on insignificant changes when there are bigger issues at hand.

If not, the connection between the rear wing position of a Daihatsu Midget and camber is .... ?

Without question you were insinuating that they shouldn't be wasting their time on insignificant changes when there are bigger issues at hand.

If not, the connection between the rear wing position of a Daihatsu Midget and camber is .... ?

Ok so you've gone from saying that my point was PD shouldn't make any changes until the bugs in gt6 are fixed, to "without question" they shouldn't waste time on insignificant changes when there are bigger issues at hand?

Which one should I be responding to?

I don't mind if they do tiny changes to the game if it's something that their customers actually want. What did they achieve by changing where the wing is on a car, and then changing it again for a day one patch?

Anyway this has gone way off topic. My first post was relevant, as was the one with the pics proving the existence of this mod, and then I've had a bunch of people arguing over things I didn't even say, so I give up.

Ok so you've gone from saying that my point was PD shouldn't make any changes until the bugs in gt6 are fixed, to "without question" they shouldn't waste time on insignificant changes when there are bigger issues at hand?

Which one should I be responding to?

I don't mind if they do tiny changes to the game if it's something that their customers actually want. What did they achieve by changing where the wing is on a car, and then changing it again for a day one patch?

Anyway this has gone way off topic. My first post was relevant, as was the one with the pics proving the existence of this mod, and then I've had a bunch of people arguing over things I didn't even say, so I give up.

Slide3.PNG

I think most people who play GT6 also downloads and installs updates as they become available. Most people would have started on 1.01 rather than 1.00, because 1.01 was already available for download when the game was released. Personally I started on 1.02.

The physics do work, they're just not 100% realistic in every aspect.

I don't know the chain of command behind the changing of the wing, it could be anyone's "orders" really. Regardless of which, there's no reason why physics should put everything else on hold.

I don't know if it's been said already, but the Daihatsu Midget II used to have the best rear wing placement when the game first came out, which was sitting in the middle of the tray, with massive wing stays, very racing truck style. For some reason an update moved it to the roof with almost non-existent stays....

Wow thanks for fixing that for us PD... Don't worry about fixing all the actual bugs in the game, just remove the one thing that made the midget in GT6 awesome....🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

The wing placement on the Chevrolet SSR (the only good-looking truck ever made, in my honest opinion) is pretty good too.

Last edited:
Thanks to this thread I spent about 2-3 Mil in mods (including the Alpine mod from Snaeper, and I had to buy the BMW Z8 in red with the mods like the one Lewis_Hamilton_ did in white.)

FullSizeRender_zpscjf8oyj6.jpg

And had to get my redneck on with NoBloodyName's Bandit Trans Am with full mods.

FullSizeRender1_zpstnxx8xcc.jpg

This pic is the Bandit with bright blue painted brakes.
FullSizeRender2_zps9v62gsig.jpg

And here is a GT40 in matte black:

FullSizeRender3_zpsyj2jf78c.jpg

Last edited:
It was an award for 1st Place win from a seasonal sometime back. I have Gold, Chrome, and Green Chrome. I'm not always able to 1st place some of those seasonals and I suck at Cart races and Drifting.
I was asking someone if you could get any chromes offline

I'd wager that most people don't read the AUP upon registering on gtplanet, that's just the way people are. Talking down to them upon their making basically harmless mistakes for the first time only serves to make those doing so look ridiculous, as 99% of people don't need to be told twice.

The AUP is not that long as opposed to most other EULA's that people don't read when downloading items from the Internet, or reading warnings from commercials...

It was not my intent to "sass" anyone. I looked at how many posts he/she had and thought 'maybe they don't know not to double post, so here I go...'

Mere warning if you look at it that way, sass if you continue yours...

Anyways, it's done now. Go find some fubar stuff and post it in here now.

Back