Is still woth to get Forza 2 and Forza 3 for Xbox360.

• Thread starter JSilvaGT
  • 13 comments

JSilvaGT

(Banned)
Portugal
Lisbon
Deadman
I bought a Xbox 360, and I will buy Forza 4 and Horizon this weekend.
If I buy the F4 and FH is still worth buy the F2 and F3?

Personally, I loved all the releases of Forza Motorsport but FM4 is the best of the bunch. I'd skip on FM2 and FM3. The physics are greatly improved in FM4 as are the visuals, lighting, car models, etc. Save the money and maybe purchase the FM4 DLC especially if you get it on sale. Amazing DLC cars.

You might enjoy Forza Horizon. I liked it for being different, open world, with the Forza touch but it's not my type of game. Still a lot of gun though.

No, there's nothing in 3 that isn't in 4 from what I can tell apart from some events. 4 contains most, if not all, of 3's DLC cars (or the ones that matter, anyway) and yeah, there's no need now.

Actually if really love your Japanese tuner cars, most of the ones from Forza 3 are now unicorns (i.e. unavailable to buy and very difficult to get hold of), like the HKS CT230R for instance. That annoyed me but not enough to make me not play.

These are the Japanese unicorns:

2004 Honda Mugen Civic Type-R
2002 Honda Mugen Integra Type-R
2005 Honda NSX-R GT
2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type-A
2006 Mitsubishi HKS Time Attack Evolution CT230R
1993 Nissan MINE'S R32 Skyline GT-R
2002 Nissan MINE'S R34 Skyline GT-R
2004 Nissan Top Secret Silvia D1-Spec S15
2006 Subaru Impreza S204
2002 Toyota Top Secret 0-300 Supra.

Madness, right?

FM3 could be useful if it's cheaper than the Porsche pack for FM4, because it has Porsche already. It also has a few tracks that FM4 doesn't, like Rally di Positano Full.

Otherwise, FM4 represents a significant step forward in physics (frankly I think Horizon is more "sim" than FM3), with other improvements in multiple areas, as cuco33 listed. I played each of the Forza titles through the years and FM4 is the first one that really grabbed me.

I played Forza 3 while waiting for 4. To me it always felt really odd, because in that game wheel support was a complete afterthought. Everything felt tail-happy but due to the engine you could make lazy corrections and hold any drift with ease. Graphically it's a real let-down in comparison with GT5, mostly due to the poor lighting model making it look very fake.

Forza4 is hugely better. Proper support for 900 degrees wheel, much better tyre physics, lighting model which gets much closer to GT5. And you get a better car selection, better menus and better AI than GT5. Plus better online (lobbies, uploaded fastest laps per track/class and rivals mode)

While Forza 4 is easier with the Xbox controller than GT5 is with the PS3 controller, getting a multiplatform wheel (I.e. Fanatec) is definitely the next step to really enjoy it.

Ok, thanks for the replies. I will go buy today the F4 and FH.

In my personal opinion Forza Horizon was a wreck of a game. The lack of tuning makes almost any car you upgrade a pain in the rear to drive. The open world is very limited to a set area. (nothing like tdu or tdu2)

FM4 is a great game! As for the pervious Forza titles I would recommend picking them up too. If you can find them pretty cheap they are definitely worth the cash.

Just buy FM4 and all of its DLC instead of buying FM2 and FM3. It's a better experience than either of those games.

I don't think you need to get FH and FM4 at the same time, either, personally. FM4 will dominate your 360 for a while.

I suggest you give the Horizon demo a try before buying it, too (I assume it's still up); to see if it is your cup of tea.

I'm in a similar situation, having just picked up an Xbox for cheap. So far I've only gotten FM4, because while I'm interested in playing Horizon and maybe some of the older Motorsports, FM4 seems to have so much content that the next Xbox may be out before I'm finished with it. At the very least I'm hoping that FM4 can keep me entertained long enough for a price drop to come through on Horizon.

The Horizon demo is still up, I just tried it yesterday. It's a little different to FM4, but still huge fun IMO.

I will tell you F2 has more custom tuned cars like the

Hennessy Viper 800TT
AWE Tuning Bullet S4
VIS Racing Integra Type R
Lugenfelter 427 Corvette
Do-Luck NSX
etc.

Back