JGTC Exhibition Week 1: High Speed Ring*Results*

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 359 comments
I am very glad to see you guys scoring such low times for the GT500 Class. We have a lot of very skilled members competing in this league! Good Luck to all!, I think I will compete in the first exhibition race. But I will spend most of my time until the first race playing COD.

Alright, I got the member list updated and the leaderboard up(only times with pictures are on it).

That's fast, GV!

Is it possible for you to take a photo of your ghost data from the PSP's main screen (XMB)? From there, go to Saved Data Utility, find you ghost replay data and press the triangle button (for 'information'). That on-screen image will show your car, track, date, lap time, and physics. We can't see if you were using 'professional' on that last picture. I believe that you were, but doing it this way will make sure to avoid any future questions.

:)

Name: SiNiST3R
Class: GT500
#: 21, 23, 27
Car: Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R 2003
Team: Will hopefully be joining a Team soon :) For now Team SiNiST3R

snap0041-6.jpg

Name: SiNiST3R
Class: GT300
#: 21, 23, 27
Car: Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA 2003
Team: OMG

snap0044666.jpg

For them both...

snap004333.jpg

Am I good for entry? I lost my Digicam and haven't bought a new one & the camera on my Cell phone is crap and doesn't show up clear enough to read the text.

Last edited:
I decided to take a spin in the Wedsport as it seems to be fairly good and got a 1:13.240. Still a ways off but I hopefully can get it down. The first corner is a bit tricky, I almost have it down though.

Edit: I broke into the 1:12.9XX zone with the Wedsport.

Last edited:
Am I good for entry? I lost my Digicam and haven't bought a new one & the camera on my Cell phone is crap and doesn't show up clear enough to read the text.

Honestly, I prefer screenshots as they are clear and easy to read. I have to end up taking, on average, three photos before I get just one that is clear enough to see. So you're all good.

hi all here are my laptimes ... thanks to everyone here, reading your advices I managed to improve a little :)

Attachments

• P1010146.jpg
    P1010146.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 16
  • P1010147.jpg
    P1010147.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 19
img0068q.jpg

Photo proof of my time as I was in bed when I got it last night.

The celica and rx7 are fairly much equal actually. Maybe 2 tenths off each other at most.

Also I think some of the JGTC cars are definitely slower than others.

well thats obvious, some have more horsepower than others, despite being int he same class.

True, but I thought the cars would be about 10hp max difference. I've noticed some cars are 20hp difference, then there can also be 100kg difference in weight as well. Also noticed some cars run much less downforce. But even so, if you compare 00 or 01 models with a similar 03 model, the 03 model is definitely faster stock. Actually all the 03 models are faster than all the others.

Also the dome and loctite NSX I think is the fastest car on higher speed circuits. It gets its tail out too much though if you use it on something tighter like autum ring. I was going to use the NSX originally but in mucking around I found a good setup and noticed GTR and Celica feel very similar so would use similar tunes.

I have a time, but I am trying to get my laptops webcam to work, so I will post it later

EDIT: Here it is:
Picture0003.jpg

I know its not the best picture, but the time is 1:09.316

Not a great time I know, but at least it is better than the GT300 times!

Last edited:
I know its not the best picture, but the time is 1:09.316

Not a great time I know, but at least it is better than the GT300 times!

You have done well actually. The car is just hard to turn (low down force I guess). When I drove it I had to brake to get around turn 1. Most the other JGTC cars can do it almost flat out.

Here is my final time. . after like 70 laps i finally got in the 1' 06 zone :drool: 1'06.930

4094630329_1f4b9d86a5.jpg

Oh, and by the way, very good job justin :) Keep up the great work đź‘Ť

Last edited:
Sure, detroit, I'll go take the screen in a min... I'm editing it here once I've got it!

There I go!

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5369/imagen5r.jpg

Thank you for the kind words! I found it really hard, at first, until I found myself realizing what the good racing lines were. I still think I could have improved a bit more (2-3 tenths, perhaps, I don't think I could have made it into 1.04), but right now I'm on my way to getting all the cars, and I still have some 80-something left, and wanted to finish with them before the real season starts...

Last edited:
Sure, detroit, I'll go take the screen in a min... I'm editing it here once I've got it!

There I go!

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5369/imagen5r.jpg

Thank you for the kind words! I found it really hard, at first, until I found myself realizing what the good racing lines were. I still think I could have improved a bit more (2-3 tenths, perhaps, I don't think I could have made it into 1.04), but right now I'm on my way to getting all the cars, and I still have some 80-something left, and wanted to finish with them before the real season starts...

Perfection! Now we can see all the info... and as an added bonus, we get to see your cool background wallpaper on your PSP! Nice shot!

đź‘Ť

Think your psp needs recharging:sly:

Great time.

I wish it could recharge!

It's totally dead (well, it has about a half second of charge) - I have to keep the AC cord plugged in at all times. To add to my woes, the battery cover is broken... so I have to duct tape it to my PSP. The UMD drive/laser doesn't work anymore either, so I have to dump UMD's with my son's PSP (which he just informed me yesterday that he left on the airplane). Also, my AC cord is somewhat messed up, if I move the cord a certain way, it breaks the power connection and my screen goes black - that happens many, many times per day.

I vote for me as owner of the world's crappiest PSP!

:lol:

I wish it could recharge!

It's totally dead (well, it has about a half second of charge) - I have to keep the AC cord plugged in at all times. To add to my woes, the battery cover is broken... so I have to duct tape it to my PSP. The UMD drive/laser doesn't work anymore either, so I have to dump UMD's with my son's PSP (which he just informed me yesterday that he left on the airplane). Also, my AC cord is somewhat messed up, if I move the cord a certain way, it breaks the power connection and my screen goes black - that happens many, many times per day.

I vote for me as owner of the world's crappiest PSP!

:lol:

I'm happy to say Ill be racing in the GT300 as part of Team OMG. Thank you very much Team OMG for the invite :) Ill do my best to rep the team right.

I would head over to a Pawn shop looking for a used Phat PSP, My bud picked one up for 50$ a week or 2 ago. They are cheap since the PSP Go! came out.

Also a good TV repair shop is good to know. If they can fix LCD TV's they should be able to work on PSP's. I have a friend who owns a TV repair shop and he has fixed MANY PSP's. Some of them the Home/Vol - /Vol + /Display /Note / Select /start buttons all don't work, but when he is done they all work fine. He has replaced cracked screens (DONT put your PSP in your back pocket!), and even fixed a PSP that fell into a cup of juice.

The easiest of witch is replacing the case, or adding a custom face-plate (I might buy a chrome one soon) Food for thought.

Back