Laguna Seca Confirmed for This Week's GT Sport Christmas Update

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 673 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I would imagine they just allow you to buy the safety cars in brand central???

I maintain that PD will do nothing with mileage exchange.
They're not present on the PS Store "leaks", so unless they cost more than 10.000.000 credits they shouldn't be in Brand Central.

Sweet, I wasn't expecting the 993 Porsche 911 to be the Carrera RS; I don't think I've seen that model in a racing game before. cool.
Now I just have to wait a day to drive it.

Doing that doesn't magically make a race car. Grow up and provide a logical argument please.

That's a little bit rich. You've made a supposition that a Ford GT road car, and a Ford GT racing car are "almost identical" - which I'd venture objectively just isn't the case, from a modelling, coding, physics or (possibly most importantly) a legal standpoint - and then call PD dumb because YOU don't understand their position. That's neither a particularly logical, or grown up position to take.

If the exterior model is noticeably different, the interior is noticeably different, it sounds different, it handles differently - and has different active aerodynamics, and requires additional licensing - then, for all useful judgement - it's a different car, and it's a different car of which there are many less in existence to get to scan/photograph/sample etc. You might perceive them to be "almost identical", but I'd suggest that's more a reflection of your personal 'judgement' than it is PD's work ethic or decision making.

Unpopular opinion:

The fact that people are excited about cars like the Toyota Crown are mind numbing. If you could mod it like cars from NFS heat that would be one thing, but it's just a sedan. It looks like a really fancy Toyota Camry.

Ultimately I'm happy for anyone that enjoys driving these cars. Definitely didn't see PD going this route when I bought the game.

You have no idea...this thing is a luxury sedan fitted between E-class and S-class competitor I used to sat in one of these model they used as a luxury Taxi outside Sapporo Terminal early 2018 and it was the most comfortable Taxi ride I've ever taken.
And the Taxi model are obviously not the Athlete G so I'm excited that they actually made a sportier model trim for the Crown.
It definitely didn't ride like Camry,Crown rivaled S class in terms of comfort.

Last edited:
I love the 993 GT2. But I am still glad we got the 993 Carrera RS CS, as it is essentially the predecessor to the 996 GT3 CS we already have in the game. Will be good to compare the 2 on track and in group photos.

Great left field choice by PD. The GT 2 would have been the obvious option. 👍

Last edited:
Yes. :D

tumblr_n3z2qk5wTd1sf8ntso1_400.gif

You have no idea...this thing is a luxury sedan fitted between E-class and S-class competitor I used to sat in one of these model they used as a luxury Taxi outside Sapporo Terminal early 2018 and it was the most comfortable Taxi ride I've ever taken.
And the Taxi model are obviously not the Athlete G so I'm excited that they actually made a sportier model trim for the Crown.
So anything that's good about that car you won't get to experience in the game :lol:.

I'm just tired of all the road cars, especially the slow ones. Apart from the GT, if any of these cars are featured in a daily race, that's a bad week. I just want one update that's 3-4 race cars. I know 10 people are gonna jump on me for 'whining', and dgaf.

My predictions of the cars:

Ford GT '17 (N700)
Volkswagen Golf I GTI '76 (N100)
Mercedes-AMG C 63 S Sedan Safety Car (Gr. X)
Renault Sport Megane Trophy Safety Car (Gr. X)
Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Safety Car (Gr. X)
Porsche 911 GT2 (993) '95 (N400)
Mercedes-AMG C 63 S Sedan '16 (N500)

I can bet you that it's a Mercedes. If it's not I will change my avatar to Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy.

Hi Rosalina :cheers:

Hats off to PD for taking the trolling to a new level with 'cop cars' that are actually safety cars and a Mercedes that's actually a Toyota. I bet they love watching the community lose their **** with each other over it all :lol:

Happy to see Laguna Seca added. Seeing the Circuit Experience arriving at the same time suggests it may have been a last minute change to not add the track last month. I'm guessing this will be the last round of the Manufacturers Series too.

Pretty bumper update for Christmas, which makes me feel all warm inside :cheers:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back