let's see those desktops (rev 2.0)

  • Thread starter Thread starter space
  • 6,010 comments
  • 155,759 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, I'm going to try and be "clean" for a little while. So, here is my desktop:
closed.jpg



Okay, so you don't see any bars? Right.
open.jpg



All the menus are on auto hide, and the place with the running programs is transperent and always on top, of course, it leaves when no programs are running.
 
That's cool and all but if your running graphic intense stuff like I do I have a feeling that would be taking up alot of my resources.
 
About 10MB of RAM, and it uses the same amount of CPU as standard windows.
 
What kind of programming is that, Burnout? That's friggin sweet! So clean, so nice. Is it Linux, or XP? or something else? It boggles me.
 
It's windows 2000 pro, with objectbar. Objectbar is fully customizable windows start bar replacement. It took finding a skin I liked and messing with the settings for about 2 hours to get it just right, but I'm loving it! If you google for ObjectBar, it'll come up. I'm also using windowblinds to make the windows look more like the objectbar colors and stuff, but I didn't show any of that stuff in the screenies. I recommend this to anyone.

Something else, if you feel like customization:
If you want something like Linux but want windows, check out litestep. It's free, and stuff. It's a fully programable/skinnable replacement for explorer.exe. Pretty cool, but I didn't feel like getting into detail with it. I mean this, though, you can make it exactly like Linux, but be able to use all the windows things. It's also faster than explorer.exe. I had it on last night, but took it off because I didn't feel like learning how to use it. I would seriously check that out. Now, this thing is powerful, so I'd only recommend it to people that are good with coding/etc.
 
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

You ROCK Burnout!!!!!
I'm going to get that.
 
burnout is that a terragen render? if so how did u get the moon and stars effect or did u use a different program? :confused:
 
Current;

got Desktop X trail version last week.
 

Attachments

  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 128
Originally posted by darklegion_ca
Holy craptaculer car batman what car/suv is that.:confused:

It is in no way craptacular.
 
Ooooof.
 

Attachments

  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 98
VM That's a sweet skin! I just got XP, how do i get skins that like?

ahh nvm, i found the program. :)
 
here we go... I did it myself... It needs work on the face though...
 

Attachments

  • background3.jpg
    background3.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 95
My puppy dog desktop.:)
 
I made it myself, I like it simple.
 

Attachments

  • designer1.jpg
    designer1.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 120
You like to use the gradient tool.
 
Originally posted by Integra Type R
You like to use the gradient tool.

Incorrect, I put a background, then lens flare, and then add some smart blur/radial blur. It's lovely.
 
Originally posted by Integra Type R
You are a filter whore.

It's not suppose to be some super 3D artistic graphic. It's a wallpaper for me.
 
I never said it was supposed to. I just prefer more work then just a few simple clicks when I look at a piece of art. That is all.

Sorry about the confusion.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back