Livery Editor - CarsConfirmed (GT6) 

• Thread starter zzz_pt
  • 173 comments
I would love something like this. I've been wanting something like this since GT5! If Forza can do it, GT can do it! But what I would like is what Forza has (being able to select generic shapes to make what you want and maybe special stuff like the GT logo). It should be free to do it as well and be able to put them on all non-race cars and base cars. (This includes all the standards as well)

Last edited:
I just want to create the BMW M3 GTR from Need For Speed Most Wanted.
Bmwm3gtr.jpg

On Forza 5 I've seen maybe 2 or 3 "inappropriate" objects (A very poorly done mens' part, the name of a womans' part, and a very funny "hello titty"). All you do is simply report it.... The idea that people will abuse it it not an excuse, as long as you do what you are supposed to do and report those kind of liveries when you come across them everything should stay in line
Indeed. Worst I've seen on FM5 is a number plate saying '**** you'

Such things can always be reported and the user reprimanded in some way

So no excuse imo for PD not to include a livery editor. In fact, the presence of a livery editor (or not) will have a major influence on whether or not I lash out on a PS4 for GT7

Indeed. Worst I've seen on FM5 is a number plate saying '**** you'

Such things can always be reported and the user reprimanded in some way

So no excuse imo for PD not to include a livery editor. In fact, the presence of a livery editor (or not) will have a major influence on whether or not I lash out on a PS4 for GT7
I want this feature in GT7.

But I don't want things to be reported just because that there is an Hello Kitty, Pokemon, etc... Therefore, the drivers do the livery what they like.

I feel like PD would benefit from a livery editor since they can host competitions for the best designs to be released as special editions, or reward players with in-game cash and/or very expensive cars.

This has probably been mentioned, but assuming PD will not be doing away with "paint chips" in the future, I would expect any livery editor system to utilize "graphics chips."

So say you obtain a race car. When you accept it, you may or may not receive a paint chip for its base color, but it will unlock one or more (maybe many more) graphics chips for the various decals and such on the car. One chip could be an entire body scheme like Mazda's green/orange 787B livery, the rest would be the individual decals for various sponsors.

Seems like an interesting way to leverage the huge library of content already available in GT for livery editor. This would just be in addition to a default/generic catalog of decals (hopefully ever growing.) If I'm honest though, I don't have a lot of hope for seeing a livery editor. I just don't think it's something PD will ever be comfortable with releasing - just how they are weird like that. They'll pay for it though... constant social media harassment :lol:

Renault_Clio_Sport_2.jpg

Imagine if we put an country plate in the car: It would be awesome! We should also be allowed to put plates, like this one below for example:

347px-Portuguese_license_plate.svg.png

Renault_Clio_Sport_2.jpg

Imagine if we put an country plate in the car: It would be awesome! We should also be allowed to put plates, like this one below for example:

347px-Portuguese_license_plate.svg.png
If they were region-locked to our PSN accounts, I wouldn't care. The DVLA would be seeing me with "LK34 BOS" emblazoned on my FTO.

If they were region-locked to our PSN accounts, I wouldn't care. The DVLA would be seeing me with "LK34 BOS" emblazoned on my FTO.
Actually they shouldn't be.

Imagine someone wants to do a replica, like the Devil Z from Wangan Midnight. Guess the guy would like to get the real plate, not the one from his country.

I am reading this thread...

1. I can see the import idea being abused... I wonder how many cars would have naked women on them or swear words if you allowed that...
2. The idea of a livery editor is a good one. Some designs I made for another game:

ah well I will find them

Back