Maintainance 2: February Update Probably Not happening till later this month

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bryan Gomez
  • 225 comments
  • 22,216 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
the lines are gone as well! Can't even see myself pulling away from you now!!

:sly:

You were still just over a tenth behind me on S-5 when I looked yesterday. :D
 
You were still just over a tenth behind me on S-5 when I looked yesterday. :D


Yea, did that one before you were on my friends list, bloody nightmare track and car combo!

Hopefully when the boards come back they'll put me infront of you :mischievous:
 
Maybe it's the second January update? If I had been holding my breath I'd be dead by now. :rolleyes: Perhaps it's finally fixes for cockpit lighting issues, or stability improvements to online, or other bug fixes. Maybe they are bringing offline single races up to the same features as were in GT5. Again, I'm not holding my breath. :banghead:

Or maybe it's a localized event that brings no updates to the game! (Woot?) Having to resort to server maintenance for clues as to what PD is doing is getting old. This is where an ounce of communication would go a long, long way. 💡

Yes, we were supposed to get 2 updates in January, a new track every month, and GT5 was promised updates every 2 months.

PD logic, and one I won't be caring about anymore soon if they don't step up on their promises.

Hopefully this was all in preparation for some paid dlc in the PS Store update later today and not just the Asian BMW challenge.

If they release any paid DLC before the bug fixes and online are fixed I'm going to hunt Kaz down myself.
 
Guys, take it easy with new content coming to GT6. PD rather tend to announce new stuff very shortly before it is released :)
 
Guys, take it easy with new content coming to GT6. PD rather tend to announce new stuff very shortly before it is released :)

Go away, this is no place for reason. :p

original.gif
 
Part of me wants DLC (paid or not), but I also want bug fixes. Then again, I prefer bug fixes... but also having something new would be nice... I don't know what I want anymore. I want new cars, but most likely they'll have wrong sounds, so it would be useless for me. I want a new track, but the lighting system will probably ruin the experience...

I'll just go play some other game while we get some news or something. I'm tired of this.
 
BTW....There's maintenance every monday...So doesn't mean we'll have an update every monday..

Notification of Scheduled Maintenance

At the following time we will perform the scheduled maintenance on the servers for Gran Turismo 6:

Every Monday, 23:00 - Tuesday 01:00 EST

Please be aware that while maintenance is being carried out, the online service may be unstable and you may experience difficulty connecting.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

*Please note that the maintenance time may be subject to change.
 
Not a chance for update on near by days, they had to delay update, making fixes against hackers.
I'm concerned about this too... It could be a real wrench in the works...
 
Guys, take it easy with new content coming to GT6. PD rather tend to announce new stuff very shortly before it is released :)
Are you being serious? I heard about the "new" stuff even before the game was released.

Google "polyphony digital empty promises".
 
Not a chance for update on near by days, they had to delay update, making fixes against hackers.

I hardly believe that.. Look how long it took them to fix the modding "issue" last time.

People are digging deep and finding out how modding works in Gran Turismo 6. I can fully confirm, turbo swapping HAS worked. 900hp RX8 was the product. I'm getting excited.
 
Not a chance for update on near by days, they had to delay update, making fixes against hackers.

Hardly, the "hacking" only became knowledge two days ago IIRC. That's not an excuse for PD not to update GT6 with the bug fixes that should have been sorted out before the game even launched on Dec 6th.
 
Any news? PD has been slacking lately =/
 
Part of me wants DLC (paid or not), but I also want bug fixes. Then again, I prefer bug fixes... but also having something new would be nice... I don't know what I want anymore. I want new cars, but most likely they'll have wrong sounds, so it would be useless for me. I want a new track, but the lighting system will probably ruin the experience...

I'll just go play some other game while we get some news or something. I'm tired of this.

When you find this mythical "other game" that is apparently free of any faults or bugs please share with the rest of the class. 👍

Personally, I don't let any one little thing like the sound being a bit off prevent me from enjoying all the good parts of the game. Is the game free of issues? Far from it. But I can't afford to buy/build a gaming PC right now and GT6 is by far the best racer available for my console, so I'm going to make the best of it rather than find every little thing wrong with it so I can go tell the Internet how displeased I am. Glass half full I guess....

EDIT: To be fair, I believe you only play offline and in that case the game is basically useless for anything other than a hot-lapping simulator. So your criticism is fair in this case.
 
Last edited:
We need the community features, new track, and track maker. The game is starting to get a little stale for me. Time for some new content. We need bug fixes too, but at this point its taking them too long and new content would be preferred.
 
Any news? PD has been slacking lately =/
Just because they haven't posted any "news" doesn't mean they are sitting on their ass doing nothing. ;)
 
So I take it all that was for was the BMW Asia competition? Way to go PD. Give us a freaking update! 👎
 
When you find this mythical "other game" that is apparently free of any faults or bugs please share with the rest of the class. 👍

Personally, I don't let any one little thing like the sound being a bit off prevent me from enjoying all the good parts of the game. Is the game free of issues? Far from it. But I can't afford to buy/build a gaming PC right now and GT6 is by far the best racer available for my console, so I'm going to make the best of it rather than find every little thing wrong with it so I can go tell the Internet how displeased I am. Glass half full I guess....

EDIT: To be fair, I believe you only play offline and in that case the game is basically useless for anything other than a hot-lapping simulator. So your criticism is fair in this case.


You didn't understand my point. I have a bookshelf full of games and I will be playing something else while I wait for something interesting happening in GT. I'm not saying I'm replacing it or looking for a perfect game. So don't talk to me like I'm a little kid who has no idea how these things work.

And yes, I mostly play offline (just went online like three times, and only once I actually got into the track). I find Online boring, frustrating, a waste of time and overall not a good experience, even though this portion of the game works flawlessly in comparison with other games I've tried online. No matter who comes to me trying to convince me of the contrary, they won't, because this is how I feel and it's not my idea of fun.

I can't enjoy a car that has a wrong sound, no matter how hard I try. Period. It's just a few cars, and I wish they were fixed. It's not impossible. So personally, this DOES prevent me from enjoying the good parts of the game. If it doesn't affect you, well, congratulations. Enjoy your V10 Diablo.

This is how I feel about the game. This is how I enjoy it ever since GT1 and that won't be changing anytime soon. Nothing will stop me from playing GT; I just wish the negatives were polished a bit to make the overall experience a bit better before adding more content.
 
You didn't understand my point. I have a bookshelf full of games and I will be playing something else while I wait for something interesting happening in GT. I'm not saying I'm replacing it or looking for a perfect game. So don't talk to me like I'm a little kid who has no idea how these things work.

And yes, I mostly play offline (just went online like three times, and only once I actually got into the track). I find Online boring, frustrating, a waste of time and overall not a good experience, even though this portion of the game works flawlessly in comparison with other games I've tried online. No matter who comes to me trying to convince me of the contrary, they won't, because this is how I feel and it's not my idea of fun.

I can't enjoy a car that has a wrong sound, no matter how hard I try. Period. It's just a few cars, and I wish they were fixed. It's not impossible. So personally, this DOES prevent me from enjoying the good parts of the game. If it doesn't affect you, well, congratulations. Enjoy your V10 Diablo.

This is how I feel about the game. This is how I enjoy it ever since GT1 and that won't be changing anytime soon. Nothing will stop me from playing GT; I just wish the negatives were polished a bit to make the overall experience a bit better before adding more content.


I guess I still don't understand your point; You say nothing will stop you from playing GT right after saying poor engine sound is stopping you from playing GT. Anyway, as I clarified, since you only play offline my comment really has no bearing on your GT activities. IMO the previous two GT games have been completely useless for anything other than racing online with friends, and why anyone would buy GT6 with intentions of only playing it offline (especially someone who's played GT's of the past) is beyond me. It's a totally rubbish game for anything besides hot-lapping and meeting up with your online buddies for some hoonanigans. Luckily, it's really good at those two things (even if the sounds aren't quite right). I play everyday but haven't touched any part of the single-player content for well over a month. 👍
 
You didn't understand my point. I have a bookshelf full of games and I will be playing something else while I wait for something interesting happening in GT. I'm not saying I'm replacing it or looking for a perfect game. So don't talk to me like I'm a little kid who has no idea how these things work.

And yes, I mostly play offline (just went online like three times, and only once I actually got into the track). I find Online boring, frustrating, a waste of time and overall not a good experience, even though this portion of the game works flawlessly in comparison with other games I've tried online. No matter who comes to me trying to convince me of the contrary, they won't, because this is how I feel and it's not my idea of fun.

I can't enjoy a car that has a wrong sound, no matter how hard I try. Period. It's just a few cars, and I wish they were fixed. It's not impossible. So personally, this DOES prevent me from enjoying the good parts of the game. If it doesn't affect you, well, congratulations. Enjoy your V10 Diablo.

This is how I feel about the game. This is how I enjoy it ever since GT1 and that won't be changing anytime soon. Nothing will stop me from playing GT; I just wish the negatives were polished a bit to make the overall experience a bit better before adding more content.


You find online boring? YOu find actually competing with 'REAL' people boring?

If I wasn't 'online' I'd probably not play GT.
 
I really hope they give us more garage space in the next update. I really hate the stockyard, especially since it takes so long to load. :(
I also hate how the little blue check mark that gets placed next to cars that you own vanish when you move cars to the stockyard, makes me hate it even more...
Updates! Bug fixes! Changes! More content! GAH I feel like a little kid sitting in a shopping kart at the store asking my mom to buy all the candy and toys that I see, but she just continues to tell me "No no no you can't have that!" lol
 
I really hope they give us more garage space in the next update. I really hate the stockyard, especially since it takes so long to load. :(
I do not disagree with you there bud. I hate it too. I liked having a full house in my garage in GT5 (except Premium vs Standard), it sucks in GT6. I hope GT7 isn't like it, but since the PS4 is powerful, it shouldn't be there. GOOD!
 
I have only a little fear. Heavy update. Because updating heavy updates takes so long for me. :(
 
I do not disagree with you there bud. I hate it too. I liked having a full house in my garage in GT5 (except Premium vs Standard), it sucks in GT6. I hope GT7 isn't like it, but since the PS4 is powerful, it shouldn't be there. GOOD!
I think they limited the garage space to 500 not because of the limitations of the PS3, but because a lot of people complained about how long it took the garage to load on GT5 when the amount of cars in it started to get really high. With a 500 car garage, it never takes a while...but then that theory contradicts itself with the stockyard taking ten times longer to load than a GT5 garage that has 1500 cars in it. I personally had no problem with the garage loading time, and I had over 1200 cars.
Perhaps instead of a stockyard, they could have created multiple garages? Once one gets full, you create a second one, then a third one when that gets full etc. Kinda like Project Gotham Racing 3.
 
Well, 5 hours from now we will either:
Be happy because of update that adds stuff
Unhappy because there's an update, but doesn't add anything
Unhappy because there wasn't an update
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back