Maintenance Notice this time for GT6 thank God!

• Thread starter zlays
  • 625 comments
I'm talking about fixing GT 6, not recreating it. Read my post again.

Right... And would you prefer I stop posting? My point is more how little PD do compared to what could be done.

Because it's the worst game to start from scratch from a business perspective due to licensing. There is a reason the 2 most highly licensed car games are done by the 1st party publishers.

I'm not seeing much polarity in the community these days... But what I said about how devs read forums is a fact.

I don't need to prove myself. I've done that 50 times over. But if you would like a prototype then give me 100k and I can start it in April and deliver before the Senna content. I would likely choose Crytek as the engine.

But my entire statement was based on more of "modding" GT 6 than recreating it. You would be surprised how common this is in the game industry... Publisher has a bad game, they fire the original developer and hire another one.

All of these 'retorts' are worthless and only serve to be argumentative. I respect the fact I made a claim that seems bold to you, not so much to me, and 100% fueled by my disappointments in GT 6...

But also being a part of the racing world, there are people with lots of money looking to use it for something, and blowing it in the 100s of thousands so if by chance anyone one of you are one of them then I will entertain a realistic proposition...

In the future I'll simply ignore these posts. And you can ignore mine.
There are too many games on pc, just pick one then show us how you mod firstly

.I don't need to prove myself. I've done that 50 times over. But if you would like a prototype then give me 100k and I can start it in April and deliver before the Senna content. I would likely choose Crytek as the engine.

50 posts aren't proof. Who do I make the cheque out to?

50 posts aren't proof. Who do I make the cheque out to?
50 products are.

You can PM expectations, terms, and proof of funds. I'll even throw in a track day in one of my race cars at COTA. Or a racing school if you want a proper racing license.

Note: we are talking about building a simulation game now, not modifying an existing one. The prototype is the cheapest part...

50 products are.

You can PM expectations, terms, and proof of funds. I'll even throw in a track day in one of my race cars at COTA. Or a racing school if you want a proper racing license.

Note: we are talking about building a simulation game now, not modifying an existing one. The prototype is the cheapest part...
Hire me for modeling or something? :P I want to be involved in this!

Don't blame me lol.

I hardly ever visit here anymore but when I do it's exactly as I last visited.
Lol good joke. :D And honestly that is true, some devs, mostly juniors and mid level programmers, get lost in their own code after awhile if they aren't being careful at the start on a long and complex project. And by Spagetti code he means they don't use templates for things... We know the physics aren't spagetti. because 1 change affects all cars, although I think they have an exception file full of spagetti.... @Spagetti69 Youre quite popular in this post arent you. lol

New mini Update was just released.
Any info?

edit: LOL thats just hilarious! dont they test these things before they release them? Or do they just patch it and hope everything works as expected. So we've had 4 patches in the last 2 days... and 3 of them were to bugfix the first one.

Last edited:
So we got update patch 1.05, which was almost immediately patched with a hotfix, which was patched by another hotfix, which has just been patched by another hotfix.

Is there QA testing before these things are released or is it like the hit and hope tactic when playing pool/snooker?
You've been treed :P

I have a bad feeling we might be waiting until April for just one of the features we're waiting for...

Only thing that could be good; If they have resolved problems in February that were holding them back, it could mean that 1.05 is the first of many updates to come in the next few weeks.

I can dream...

I have a bad feeling we might be waiting until April for just one of the features we're waiting for...

Only thing that could be good; If they have resolved problems in February that were holding them back, it could mean that 1.05 is the first of many updates to come in the next few weeks.

I can dream...
We got one of them yesterday, but I don't care for that feature. :P

Yo dawg, where's Xzibit when you need him...

I guess that's why my micro-update took a bit of a while; seems they just bundled another update in there?

EDIT: I need to read...

Last edited:
Yo dawg, where's Xzibit when you need him...

I guess that's why my micro-update took a bit of a while; seems they just bundled another update in there?

Also, if this hasn't been pointed out already, let the speculation begin. If another update is due, I so called it... :sly:

EDIT: I need to read...

I was just about to spew... GT5, criminey. :lol:

While PD might possibly throw us another GT6 bone this week, after all the caterwauling about the 1.05 update, I suspect at least a week will pass before another one.

Get your virtual wallets ready, tomorrow pd will give us the 5g (or whatever) red bull edition for japan, then take it away via ninja update quickly after... Lol

I listened to the whole thing while playing GT6 :)

I used to set up rooms with something like "Racing softs, fully tuned" to attract errrhm...less skilled players. When the room was getting filled up I changed the room settings to no tuning allowed and comfort mediums. That tune was perfect for what then happend on the track. :D

I used to set up rooms with something like "Racing softs, fully tuned" to attract errrhm...less skilled players. When the room was getting filled up I changed the room settings to no tuning allowed and comfort mediums. That tune was perfect for what then happend on the track. :D
Too bad you can't play it as the room music, that would be epic:lol: Benny Hill FTW:bowdown:

im starting to care less about updates lately it just a set up for disappointment
i just hope they make the seasonal events weekly like gt5 as soon as possible

Back