Maintenance Notice this time for GT6 thank God!

• Thread starter zlays
  • 625 comments
I'm completely serious here! I'm going to drive them on all the tracks I've been waiting for. Stowe, Matterhorn, Nurburgring, Autumn Ring, etc, etc. :D

It's like racing in slow motion if you have the weather and surface water set to 100% with real grip, and involves as much countersteering as a drift challenge.

I just finished a wet Matterhorn Rifflesee race in the dark, talk about driving cautiously.

An interesting thing I noticed at the new Car Search, is that when leaving all fields open it comes up with 1190 cars. Weren't there supposed to be more by now, after all the post-release additions?

Could it be possible that they're trying to release Zahara and the course creator in one big update? Maybe there's a problem with the creator and they're trying to patch it up or something.

Of all the things they added and fixed, they still haven't addressed the wins bug for the Red Bull X Challenge. Perhaps they really want us grinders to look bad or something.

I take it a lot of players' race/win ratios are in the gutter, like mine... :P

Well this is 🤬

Mod edit: Don't intentionally bypass the swear filter. Either spell out the word in its entirety and let the software filter it as necessary, use the censored smiley, or don't use profanity at all.

I don't think people expecting a new track are being unreasonable though? It was announced for February (though not officially..Whatever?:confused:) it was announced by PD! "It will be released in February" https://www.gtplanet.net/new-track-vision-gt-x2014-discussed-at-taipei-game-show/ .. That's official enough for me to say, it's late!!

Unless of course the point is expecting PD to be timely is unreasonable. Then yes, any expectations of such, are unreasonable....:crazy:

I just want to know how they manage to put two patch in just 3 hour after 1.05 release, yet they have problems fixing some minnor bugs for like months..
Large patches/updates probably need to be approved, while small fixes don't need such approval.

More like this is what people overhyped themselves into only to be greeted by.

False expectations hurt, but people clearly like pain so...

I'm going to have to disagree. I have no qualms with setting expectations appropriately but we were all lead to believe something bigger was in the works. I never said what it was I expected but in all honesty, if you aren't disappointed by this then youre expectation of Gran Tursimo as a game and franchise are much lower then mine.

I'm not crying though. I'd just like to be excited to have free time to play GT6. As it stands, it doesnt bother me much if I miss playing for a few days and that is unlike me. So I guess I had expectations of a game I grew up with that keep my attention until the next was released and I'm patiently (and inpatiently) waiting for this came to manifest itself into the GT I used to love playing.

LOL on the people clearly like pain though. I guess that's true. I try and always hope for the best and prepar for the worst but I set myself up in this case, chasing that hint of hope PD gave us by promising some big things. Hopefully they deliver on that soon.

I'm going to have to disagree. I have no qualms with setting expectations appropriately but we were all lead to believe something bigger was in the works. I never said what it was I expected but in all honesty, if you aren't disappointed by this then youre expectation of Gran Tursimo as a game and franchise are much lower then mine.

I'm not crying though. I'd just like to be excited to have free time to play GT6. As it stands, it doesnt bother me much if I miss playing for a few days and that is unlike me. So I guess I had expectations of a game I grew up with that keep my attention until the next was released and I'm patiently (and inpatiently) waiting for this came to manifest itself into the GT I used to love playing.

LOL on the people clearly like pain though. I guess that's true. I try and always hope for the best and prepar for the worst but I set myself up in this case, chasing that hint of hope PD gave us by promising some big things. Hopefully they deliver on that soon.
Anyone who is disappointed has a right to be, it's not just a failure of self discipline. Like I said before, that patch was done by one guy in one day... It's that small and simple.

So simple in fact that I can't help but assume there is more to come shortly and some basic updates are part of setting it up... But what's worrying is that they added filters to online and I would have assumed that those would be part of a larger online update... So despite thinking there has to be more, there is also evidence to suggest there won't be...

People liking pain, what a ridiculous truth but not at all applicable to this circumstance. In fact I would argue that anyone not upset is more a part of the problem than the solutions. If their expectations are so low they are perpetuating the problem. To a developer, one person stating that everything is OK is stronger than 10 saying otherwise...

maybe PD realize that this M4 wasn't for this month update, but for June update !!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Oh you mean the one we will get in October? Btw I retract my statement of being satisfied. Drift trials are unplayable. Last night I was in a lobby. We did 2 races. First one was fine, 1 person didnt score, someone else dced, normal stuff... But then... Everyone except the host dced. I rejoined, only one person was scoring out of 4. Then the host dced. Then I quit and said ill come back when it's playable.

I think there are in fact FOV options for cockpit view in GT6; I remember trying them out myself.

You get to choose whether to race from the back seat, against the steering wheel or with your face against the windscreen, and neither view has the field of view right. It needs to be adjustable to single digit degrees and a seat adjustment option wouldn't go a miss either.

I've not seen this suggested, but maybe this update was more about fixing the update procedure itself?

The update procedure needs to be reliable and robust if they are going to be adding features/bug fixes at regular intervals. PS3's resetting and potentially corrupting data (maybe even worse?) if you don't press the update button in 2 seconds sounds serious enough to me to warrant a halt in updates until the issue is fixed and tested properly with various PS3 models/configs.

I'm hoping that this has now been resolved and that they are now back to giving us continuous updates again :)

It seems obvious to me that they monitor these forums and they must have been praying that v1.05 didn't raise any more update issues. Personally I like the new continuous update methodology, it keeps things interesting and I enjoy reading the discussions raised on GTPlanet even though they have sadly been quite negative of late, with good reason I guess.

I'm certainly hoping the updates keep coming regularly from now on and hopefully some of the new features/major bug fixes are imminent.

I'd like to end my first post on a positive note by thanking Kaz and the PD team for the Gran Turismo series which has given me untold of hours of driving enjoyment. Good luck with the future GT6 updates and GT 7, I hope they are well received by the GT community.

I'd also like to thank GTPlanet and it's members for their entertaining and informative threads, they convinced me to buy a G25 wheel and a GTEye brake mod for GT5/6, and what a good move that was :)

Back