Mario Andretti`s 48` Hudson tomorrow, anyone excited?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTPVenomZombie
  • 203 comments
  • 17,869 views
It's too bad they couldn't have also added something like the dirt track from the video, that would have been fun to have an older dirt type track to race it on.
 
The hudson itself sounds appropiate, except for the transmission whine in cockpit/bumper/roof. That's what sounds like a Vacuum.
 
I'm a little divided on the sound. Sounds ace from the hood/roof view but like a completely different car from the cockpit. It's almost like a soundproof room.
 
Looking forward to getting behind the wheel of this "Fabulous" Hudson Hornet. :)
 
I'd like to see a regular '48 Hudson in game too.

And a Hudson Hornet Coupe '51-52 :P I know not a wish list :P But i Like Hornet of these years.

Marios 48 Hudson is not a Hornet but still :P It's fun to drive :D
 
Ho
eu61.png

It's here :)
You can add only supercharger and nitros on that. (It has fully tuned 208hp)
Hotdog what a beast...not really but yeah....

Still cool though.

If it (The original) were around today however, how much would it be worth, being Mario Andretti's first race car?

Probably not even a 100k considering it didn't do anything super memorable, like his F1 or Indy cars or even his Daytona winning grand national (NASCAR), hell I think his sprint cars would fetch more than what PD think this car is worth.
 
Last edited:
:lol:

We'll see once I get the game :) (might take a few more weeks :nervous:)

dude download it already so we can play! I'll kill your beloved supercars with some old muscle cars.
 
Got mine. Achieved Silver (will make it to Gold later, with the 200% bonus to get more money :rolleyes:)
63Jl3z_dqJk.jpg


Shot it closer.
The fuel hose looks like connected drinking straws. :D
5IJEUn1MmK0.jpg


And the back of the interior just sucks...:irked:
_JMuHDsSLDw.jpg


The engine compartment. OK, good enough.
Vavpmm0GJII.jpg
 
hahaha the picture of the back of the interior rocks so much. Loos at that, completely empy, you can see the trunk. I love this thing already. Column shift too :D
 
Lovely car. Unique too. I'll have a blast with it tomorrow when I get the game 👍
 
HP peak on stock engine is 4,000, so it works best if you manual shift and don't take it to redline.

Someone was asking if you can win the credits twice in the Hudson race. No.

I love the car. '32 Ford 3 window next, please.
 
I enjoyed the Hudson Seasonal Event with this car. Seems to be addicting to drive, like just cruising all day..
 
Ho

Hotdog what a beast...not really but yeah....

Still cool though.



Probably not even a 100k considering it didn't do anything super memorable, like his F1 or Indy cars or even his Daytona winning grand national (NASCAR), hell I think his sprint cars would fetch more than what PD think this car is worth.
Are you kidding! You should be a bit more familiar with the auction circuit here in the states seeing that you are from Arizona ;) Anything Mario drove, if it could be confirmed the original, especially a "one off" would bring a fortune at auction. Not to mention, this being his very first race car, I bet you couldn't touch it for less than half a mil!
 
They should bring back the Ford Model T. That`d be a class seasonal as well!
 
I personally hate this car. It handles like a boat and a 50cc dirtbike could out accelerate it. And according to LMSCorvetteGT2 it wasn't very important either.

...Probably not even a 100k considering it didn't do anything super memorable, like his F1 or Indy cars or even his Daytona winning grand national (NASCAR)...
 
They should bring back the Ford Model T. That`d be a class seasonal as well!
I have a friend that restores those, he has three of them now. It is fun to see him and his wife puttering around town in one now and then. Although, for a race I am afraid they would be worse than the Samba Bus :)
 
I have a friend that restores those, he has three of them now. It is fun to see him and his wife puttering around town in one now and then. Although, for a race I am afraid they would be worse than the Samba Bus :)
OMG How lucky! You`re lucky enough just to see one dude haha, I`ve seen the Mercedes dalmer wagon before. Was buzzing because I had it on GT4 and to see it in reality was just amazing!
 
I finished GT6 (to end game credit screen video) and I have yet to drive on this new track.

crazy eh?

this replay is so sweet, I love the photorealism on the sides of the track, great touch PD. Can't wait for them to port this to PS4 where we can finally get real sounds in game.
 
Are you kidding! You should be a bit more familiar with the auction circuit here in the states seeing that you are from Arizona ;) Anything Mario drove, if it could be confirmed the original, especially a "one off" would bring a fortune at auction. Not to mention, this being his very first race car, I bet you couldn't touch it for less than half a mil!

Yeah but from what I've seen in Scottsdale the sales haven't been as dynamic in the recent year following the rescission and stuff. I've seen Nascar's driven by Dale Sr not sale for much either so I guess it depends on the crowd but I'm pretty confident that this car wouldn't reach 500K even if confirmed.
 
I appreciate the work that PD put into this car, but god is it awful. I can't help but wish they'd focus on making cars that are more useful than something that can barely climb above 80mph and tries to spin out cornering over 50.
 
Back