Mario Andretti`s 48` Hudson tomorrow, anyone excited?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTPVenomZombie
  • 203 comments
  • 17,869 views
Most cars before 1955 were slow. The first V8 that anyone could afford at all was in 1932. Which really started it all in the US for both NASCAR and drag racing. But anyway, it's just old racing the way it used to be.
 
This car sucks 🤬

oh I respect the car A LOT, but for a modern 2013 game this car is just stupid and should rather be in a museum than a racing game

I'm all for classic cars and all, but not cars that have 0-60 of 40 seconds and top speed of 90mph. that's no fun
but real classics like the 250 GTO, Miura, GT40, etc. etc. are fun to drive because you can still have fun with them.

but again, everything that anyone types on this forum is nothing but opinion and I have my opinion and tastes and you have yours and this is why I like Gran Turismo. because they don't just give you one era of cars.. they give you cars from the early 1940s and all the way to concept and 2013 cars so we can ALL enjoy this game.

In some respects your attitude seems all over the place. The consistency comes in the form of it being ever-presently juvenile.

I like my video game racing to be an extension of my reality, rather than a complete removal from it. For that reason, the mid and low powered cars tend to tickle my fancy more than some little boy's fantasy beast. To be honest, I just don't get it. With high powered cars you're actually missing more of the real experience, because the intense g-forces are not there at all, and surely that's a major part of the experience. With lower powered vehicles, the intensity of competition is just as high, but without being so glaringly lacking in physical intensity.

Then again, maybe I'm just managing to be excited about being boring. It does make me think of Bushido Blade vs Street Fighter though, as far as different types of intensity go. I'm a Bushido guy, and while I don't actually have the game, may prove to be a Hudson '48 guy as well.
 
Worst DLC ever and there is no chance I'm buying anything as long as the game is broken.
It's free.

Personally I love the red devil and I will be hot lapping this thing for the next few days.
 
Got the Silver award from the Seasonal Event after a couple of laps. I then took my newly delivered Hudson to the Sunday Cup Race at High Speed Ring and used it to unlock the "Old Dog, New Tricks" trophy, just because. :D
 
HELL YES!! I just got the game today! I played for about an hour or two, so I can't drive the Hornet yet since I can't access the Seasonal Events :P
 
In some respects your attitude seems all over the place. The consistency comes in the form of it being ever-presently juvenile.

I like my video game racing to be an extension of my reality, rather than a complete removal from it. For that reason, the mid and low powered cars tend to tickle my fancy more than some little boy's fantasy beast. To be honest, I just don't get it. With high powered cars you're actually missing more of the real experience, because the intense g-forces are not there at all, and surely that's a major part of the experience. With lower powered vehicles, the intensity of competition is just as high, but without being so glaringly lacking in physical intensity.

Then again, maybe I'm just managing to be excited about being boring. It does make me think of Bushido Blade vs Street Fighter though, as far as different types of intensity go. I'm a Bushido guy, and while I don't actually have the game, may prove to be a Hudson '48 guy as well.
I agree, these people are the reason why racing games are all the same now-a-days, "we want Ferraris,Lambos,Paganis etc", just makes the game boring,especially In a game like GT where they all sound pretty much the same. If I ever win the lottery it's my dream to create a racing/driving game with cars I saw growing up, even if the games exclusive to me. If even I won the lottery,games cost a lot to develop now, but expect to see a lot of Ford and Vauxhall,Rover/MG,Renault etc, not one car over the year 2000. And I've gone off topic...
 
A hint for everyone who struggles to achiev gold: Shift up between 4000 and 4500 rpm, you get the best acceleration around those numbers.
 
Most cars before 1955 were slow. The first V8 that anyone could afford at all was in 1932. Which really started it all in the US for both NASCAR and drag racing. But anyway, it's just old racing the way it used to be.

you should check those f1 races in 1930's or earlier those cars go quite fast, on thin tires with no aids or protection those guys have my admiration.
 
Can you see the supercharger on the engine when you had it? :drool:
 
Golded the event on the first lap I ran with it. :p

Car is OK, won't get much use out of it. They need to give us this so we can use it for how it was it was meant to be driven:

Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_3.jpg
 
When I was a kid in the 50's living in Los Angeles, they had Ascot dirt track racing every week on TV. Back then there were only 7 TV channels, so it must have been pretty popular. They had a big oval and a small one inside it. Those guys got down and dirty, and the cars looked it.
 
I eventually got Gold on this new Hudson seasonal event. It is tough.

The car is nice enough to drive, not a stack of power, and you can feel the weight in the corners. Momentum is the key.

Looks super.

Only problem is...yes you guess it...the sound.

It is another hair dryer/vacuum cleaner.

Like a lot of cars, it idles quite characterfuly, but once under way, it's pure unadulterated hair dryer.

Bit of an insult to Mario if you ask me :)
It's the transmission whine inside the car that sounds like that. PD needs to fix that since GT5.
 
Man that was a hard event...I must have spent 20 mins trying to gold that. You right, momentum is the key...and nailing the braking just perfect into that last really tight right hander before the straight!
Took me 4 or 5 tries to gold it and after getting gold I spent another 30 minutes trying to better my time.
That rush that comes over as you realize you go go faster and faster. Incredible.
 
Okay, got the Hornet today thanks to the seasonal event. LOVE IT!! Comfort Soft tires, Supercharger and longer gear ratios make this car feel really nice.

I don't know what's up with the attitude of some people. This car is a great addition to the series. Been grinding with it in the amateur cups and I'm having a blast!

The car looks great. The sound is incredibly well made! Has that old Inline Six sound to it. I just love it. And the shifting animations were a total surprise. I didn't know it had a steering column manual shifter.

Oh boy... I'm enjoying the game so much. And the payouts are very good after the patch. Doing a couple of Seasonal Events gave me almost 700,000Cr. Enough to buy my favorite cars.
 
Quick question, in dealerships is the car under "Hudson" or something else?
 
Hudson. Yes 👍
Nice to know, I thought it would end up being under "Mario Andretti" or "Gran Turismo" instead of it's proper make. Now if only they could get that McLaren F1 out of the BMW dealership...
 
Nice to know, I thought it would end up being under "Mario Andretti" or "Gran Turismo" instead of it's proper make. Now if only they could get that McLaren F1 out of the BMW dealership...
Won't happen. It was a BMW Motorsport entry.
 
Nice to know, I thought it would end up being under "Mario Andretti" or "Gran Turismo" instead of it's proper make. Now if only they could get that McLaren F1 out of the BMW dealership...

Well, considering the McLaren has a BMW engine and that specific car was sponsored ran by BMW, then I can see why they put it in BMW. But you're right; considering there are like three (as far as I know) F1's in McLaren's dealership, they could just add this one too.
 
Golded the event on the first lap I ran with it. :p

Car is OK, won't get much use out of it. They need to give us this so we can use it for how it was it was meant to be driven:

View attachment 90931

I agree, hopefully they will become available in a future update.

There are two ovals at Willow Springs, the 1/4 Mi. Paved Oval Speedway Willow Springs.

and the 3/8 Mi. High Banked Dirt Oval Walt James Stadium with paved inner ring.

Both look fully modeled too, clearly visible if you take an off-road romp on the periphery of Streets of Willow.
Just like R1600Turbo's shot shows.
 
Last edited:
The Hudson is fantastically detailed but it also highlights the lack of hard shadows how that shade of red doesn't highlight contrast.

Especially obvious in the front door hinges. Not as noticeable on cars with smoother lines.

When GT 7 comes around things will look night and day different without having to touch the assets.
 
There's a gap in the fence separating Streets of Willow from the Walt James Stadium banked dirt track. :D

Its just prior to S-turns that lead into the skid pad on the left side. :sly:

Tried probing it in various vehicles from this poor Elise in pic to Tajima 4x4s but no luck. :mischievous:

Mouth watering, everything appears perfectly modeled, ready to use, but no way in. :drool:

Could not find any other gaps in the perimeter....

:gtpflag:
 
Last edited:
I was a fun challenge, took me several tries to gold it by knowing when to shift instead of redlining.
Will not use it unless they decide to make more seasonals for challenges with the Hudson.
 
It seems PD put so much effort into this with the live broadcast of the rebuild and all, it's a shame it was a one and done event.

It's by no means my favorite car, but it just seemed like a waste of resources when there is so much yet to be done.

Same goes for the VGT's. More seasonals please.
 
And they freak out when you bump an old one. Can't win around here. :lol:
Yes, no dupe threads, and no necro-bumping, once a discussion has died down it must never ever be talked about again!
:dunce: Woops, I replied.
 
Back