Mario Andretti`s 48` Hudson tomorrow, anyone excited?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTPVenomZombie
  • 203 comments
  • 17,869 views
I appreciate the work that PD put into this car, but god is it awful. I can't help but wish they'd focus on making cars that are more useful than something that can barely climb above 80mph and tries to spin out cornering over 50.
While on the flipside I consider it to be far more interesting than yet another generic hypercar... :)
 
I respect your opinion but they're far from generic.

Okay, show me a driving game that doesn't have Hyaura, F430, 458, Enzo, Murcielago, Aventador or Gallardo and you have a game that doesn't have generic supercars.
 
Okay, show me a driving game that doesn't have Hyaura, F430, 458, Enzo, Murcielago, Aventador or Gallardo and you have a game that doesn't have generic supercars.
I'm talking about the cars themselves not being generic, not games that don't have them.
 
I appreciate the work that PD put into this car, but god is it awful. I can't help but wish they'd focus on making cars that are more useful than something that can barely climb above 80mph and tries to spin out cornering over 50.
The reasoned answer:
Are you old enough to drive, do you own a car, have you heard of the "First Love" campaign? If the answer to these questions is yes then you should know exactly why it was put in the game.
The sarcastic answer:
D*mn right dude! Why put a classic American hot rod sedan with roots to the most popular form of motorsports in the country (NASCAR, like it or not it is true) that was driven by one of the greatest racers of all time (in my humble opinion, as well as more than a few others). With the time wasted on this they could have given us...oh...say...more Miatas to add to the thirty-****in-plus we already have :crazy:
Take your pick, either one works for me :)
 
I wasn't excited.
However it was edu-ma-cational to see the car and read the history of the Brothers Andretti - It is very ugly. But Ugly and fast enough to win make it a pretty car to a racers.

Think we will get a few More Mario cars? (Lotus 79 perhaps?)
 
do we get a stock hudson premium model?

i mean i don't think it is that hard to detune andretti's one
 
They only modeled the stripped down race car so its unlikely that we will see a normal Hudson.
 
The reasoned answer:
Are you old enough to drive, do you own a car, have you heard of the "First Love" campaign? If the answer to these questions is yes then you should know exactly why it was put in the game.
The sarcastic answer:
D*mn right dude! Why put a classic American hot rod sedan with roots to the most popular form of motorsports in the country (NASCAR, like it or not it is true) that was driven by one of the greatest racers of all time (in my humble opinion, as well as more than a few others). With the time wasted on this they could have given us...oh...say...more Miatas to add to the thirty-****in-plus we already have :crazy:
Take your pick, either one works for me :)

I'd pick the Miatas. We already have way too much but at least they're competitive.
 
At least try and respect the cars history. Cars generally weren't that good in 1948.

oh I respect the car A LOT, but for a modern 2013 game this car is just stupid and should rather be in a museum than a racing game
 
true, another "I can't use it nowhere but single player time attack" car, like the alfa romeo giula, the caterham or the 330 p4

The Caterham can be a formidable car to use against other cars if set up right.
 
oh I respect the car A LOT, but for a modern 2013 game this car is just stupid and should rather be in a museum than a racing game

So essentially you're saying that we shouldn't be able to drive old cars at all, only brand new cars?

I for one cherish being given the chance to try all sorts of cars, slow and old, new and fast, but that's because I can appreciate history and fantastic achievements.

50 Years from now, these Paganis, Ferraris and McLarens are going to be old hat by your logic, and we shouldn't have the chance to drive them in our super realistic simulators that we'll have by then, only brand new cars which could be reaching Wipeout/Redbull X2011 style vehicles by then, or have gone the complete opposite way and everything is a slow ass zero pollution vehicle that drives itself.

No thanks. When racing simulators are actually going to feel like the real thing - holographics, actually "feeling" the g-forces, smellovision etc, I want to be able to "feel" what it would have been like to drive as many cars as possible, to fulfil an experience that we couldn't do for real.



Edit: If this doesn't create any sort of feelings, amazement or appreciation, then you have no soul. I consider this is without a doubt a must watch video. I love the fact that some people are still here to keep the history, atmosphere and experience alive. I can only begin to imagine how Chris Harris felt during this race, absolutely once in a lifetime stuff. I fail to see any reason why we should not be able to recreate the same thing in our racing simulators.

 
Last edited:
I'm very glad for this being in the game. Can't wait to do some off road oval racing. :D
 
This is a troll post right?

You don't know who Mario Andretti is yet you are car enthusiast living on planet earth?
There's a difference between knowing who someone is and knowing much about him.
Please explain to me how not knowing of some race car driver has any bearing on how much of an enthusiast someone is.

oh I respect the car A LOT, but for a modern 2013 game this car is just stupid and should rather be in a museum than a racing game
You're aware you're on a Gran Turismo board, right? Are you mad you can't hellaflush it cause no fenders?
 
So essentially you're saying that we shouldn't be able to drive old cars at all, only brand new cars?

I for one cherish being given the chance to try all sorts of cars, slow and old, new and fast, but that's because I can appreciate history and fantastic achievements.

50 Years from now, these Paganis, Ferraris and McLarens are going to be old hat by your logic, and we shouldn't have the chance to drive them in our super realistic simulators that we'll have by then, only brand new cars which could be reaching Wipeout/Redbull X2011 style vehicles by then, or have gone the complete opposite way and everything is a slow ass zero pollution vehicle that drives itself.

No thanks. When racing simulators are actually going to feel like the real thing - holographics, actually "feeling" the g-forces, smellovision etc, I want to be able to "feel" what it would have been like to drive as many cars as possible, to fulfil an experience that we couldn't do for real.

I'm all for classic cars and all, but not cars that have 0-60 of 40 seconds and top speed of 90mph. that's no fun
but real classics like the 250 GTO, Miura, GT40, etc. etc. are fun to drive because you can still have fun with them.

but again, everything that anyone types on this forum is nothing but opinion and I have my opinion and tastes and you have yours and this is why I like Gran Turismo. because they don't just give you one era of cars.. they give you cars from the early 1940s and all the way to concept and 2013 cars so we can ALL enjoy this game.

but I can't see myself putting another mile on this Hudson tbh.
 
i see so much ignorance in this thread.... :banghead: :mad: :ouch: :dunce: 🤬 👎:grumpy:
 
I eventually got Gold on this new Hudson seasonal event. It is tough.

The car is nice enough to drive, not a stack of power, and you can feel the weight in the corners. Momentum is the key.

Looks super.

Only problem is...yes you guess it...the sound.

It is another hair dryer/vacuum cleaner.

Like a lot of cars, it idles quite characterfuly, but once under way, it's pure unadulterated hair dryer.

Bit of an insult to Mario if you ask me :)
 
Like the fact its in there, i admire the history of it, where it came from and where it has led, but for me i will get the credits, win the car and probably let it sit in the garage along with the other once driven cars.

I might get it out for a 1 make race or something......just so long as its not a night race at willow !
 
Okay, show me a driving game that doesn't have Hyaura, F430, 458, Enzo, Murcielago, Aventador or Gallardo and you have a game that doesn't have generic supercars.
Need for speed always has the latest and greatest super cars because that's how they con people who don't know anything about cars to buy the game.
 
Bah I could take it or leave it....I wish they would give us exciting cars like a koenigsegg a McLaren P1 a Noble a Gumpert something really rare and really fast that's been made in the last 3 years.. No.... We get 34 Nissan GTR's!!

They did give us the Hyura which is cool though :)

Oh and I really wish they would make the e46 M3 GTR a premium.
 
This car handles so nicely... I wasn't expecting it. Here's a lap at the Nurb.
 
I eventually got Gold on this new Hudson seasonal event. It is tough.

The car is nice enough to drive, not a stack of power, and you can feel the weight in the corners. Momentum is the key.

Looks super.

Only problem is...yes you guess it...the sound.

It is another hair dryer/vacuum cleaner.

Like a lot of cars, it idles quite characterfuly, but once under way, it's pure unadulterated hair dryer.

Bit of an insult to Mario if you ask me :)

Man that was a hard event...I must have spent 20 mins trying to gold that. You right, momentum is the key...and nailing the braking just perfect into that last really tight right hander before the straight!
 
Let's be honest, who learned about the Hudson from the cars movie???

Arguably, the best movie about racing ever.
 
Back