• McGregor

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Mayweather

Votes: 25 78.1%

• Total voters
Australia
Australia
LGee-19
Hi guys. I'm sure nearly everyone knows about the upcoming August 26th fight so I wanted to see peoples opinions on the topic and how you think the fight will go down. Sorry if there is already a thread on this.

McGregor said on the Twitterz in 2014 something to the effect of,"get in, get rich, get out". He's a talented fighter but he's not a boxer. I expect a very uninteresting fight with Mayweather winning on points. There would be an even bigger payday ahead with a rematch fueled by an interesting fight and a win by McG, perhaps $1 billion or more, but I doubt Floyd would risk his record for that.

I absolutely despise Mayweather, I never could stand the guy. I think he's the reason the Pacquiao fight didn't happen when it should of, when they were both in their prime. I hope he loses, I want him to lose.

However, if I was betting, I'd put a lot of money on Mayweather. Boxing and UFC are 2 different animals when it comes to Cardio. I hope McGregor knocks him out cold, I just don't see it happening, or really even being close.

They should of did one boxing match, and one UFC match. That would of been 150x's cooler, and way more interesting. I don't think this fight is going to be much of a fight at all.

For what it's worth, assuming it is a legitimate exhibition, the fighter with home advantage wins.

If it's a boxing match, Mayweather wins.
If it's an MMA match, McGregor wins.

So Maywesther 'wins'.

....Personally, McG. But having seen a few televised Mayweather bouts.... well.... Mayweather. On points.

Where is the 'Couldn't give a fudge option'? Personally I hope they both land a knockout blow at the same time and their careers end. Circus.

So much this.

This type of fight is what ruined the original K1 championship.

They should do something they haven't each done like sumo wrestling.
I wish UFC was like it was when it first started, there wasn't any weight divisions and you had guys fighting 3-4 fights tournament style in the same evening, plus head butting was legal. That's when I started watching. A big huge wrestler guy, going against a little guy who did karate, it was like bloodsport in a way.

Yeah just a boxing match is totally one sided, and not going to be much fun I don't think. Maybe the first couple of rounds. It would make me very happy if Mayweather got ko'ed, I just don't think this fight is going to be very close at all.

I'm still debating about whether or not to buy the fight. I rather like boxing, but I'm not sure how good this match will even be. Mayweather is a defensive fighter, so it'll be Floyd jumping around the ring while Colin swings at the air.

If it's a boxing match, Mayweather wins.
If it's an MMA match, McGregor wins.
And Federer beats them both at Tennis, which is about as relevant as the hypothetical MMA fight.

As for this match, I see it as a massive farce to scam casuals and bandwagon McGregor fans out of their money, it does nothing for either sport, or it's fans and benefits only a few. I won't be watching.

Canelo Alverez is facing Genady Golovkin next month in what will actually be good, if any of you first timers decide to give either sport a second chance after the :censored:show that will take place this weekend.

I'm still debating about whether or not to buy the fight. I rather like boxing, but I'm not sure how good this match will even be. Mayweather is a defensive fighter, so it'll be Floyd jumping around the ring while Colin swings at the air.
I used to pay attention to martial arts & boxing but don't anymore. I'm still in touch with people who are involved at various levels including some who's living it is.
I haven't met one single person who is interested in this fight.

Was going to book it and watch it, but today I found the fight itself will be on at around 5am UK time.

And now I'm having second thoughts...

Possibly the best pound-for-pound boxer in history vs someone who has never boxed professionally. It’s a farce and going to be a whitewash. I’d be surprised if McG lasts to the second round.

That said, with odds of 40 or 50-1 on McG in some places, I might stick £20 on him just in case he gets a lucky punch in!

Possibly the best pound-for-pound boxer in history vs someone who has never boxed professionally. It’s a farce and going to be a whitewash. I’d be surprised if McG lasts to the second round.

That said, with odds of 40 or 50-1 on McG in some places, I might stick £20 on him just in case he gets a lucky punch in!
I agree it'll likely be a farce but McGregor does have a couple of things going for him. He could come into the fight 15-20 lbs heavier than Floyd and Floyd might be beyond the point where he can knock anyone out. If he works his way inside and takes a few shots along the way, he might just get lucky and land a good one. It's all ego at that point. The money is already in the bank it's a question of how much punishment he is willing to absorb to have a shot at winning.

The whole event is a money making farce. It's like sticking Jimmie Johnson in an F1 Ferrari and pitting him against Seb Vettel around Circuit de Catalunya . Sure, he good at what he does and the disciplines have plenty of similarities, but it's a unfair match whichever way you look at it. McGregor will get a pasting, but Mayweather will stretch it out for a handful of rounds to ensure those who will pay to watch it get at least some of their monies worth.

McGregor's corner to throw in the towel in the sixth round.

I'm expecting a McGregor win followed by it being revealed that the only person that bet on him winning was Mayweather.

I'm expecting a McGregor win followed by it being revealed that the only person that bet on him winning was Mayweather.
I don't have a link handy but I'm sure I read a couple of days ago that the betting in Vegas was 23 - 1 in favour of McGregor. If he wins it'll be a huge loss for the bookies unless late money goes with Floyd.

Latest Posts

Back