• Thread starter LGee19
  • 60 comments

Who will win, McGregor or Mayweather

• McGregor

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Mayweather

Votes: 25 78.1%

• Total voters
I don't have a link handy but I'm sure I read a couple of days ago that the betting in Vegas was 23 - 1 in favour of McGregor. If he wins it'll be a huge loss for the bookies unless late money goes with Floyd.

Bookies in the UK are averaging 7-2 for a McGregor win compared to 1-4 for a Mayweather win.

win.png

What have McGreggor and Big Ben got in common?

They're both getting their clock cleaned.

Not sure McGreggor will be able to box his way out of a corner.

Just booked the fight, hope I wont regret it!
You shouldn't have, its a farce made just to get them money. Who pays for something like that? The fight will be a farce and Mayweather will win easily without much effort

You do know that I'm not the only one who would have booked it and there will be millions other.

Nathan Cleverly v Badou Jack on the undercard interests me, as well as the big fight

Only two people bet on Mayweather at work (Ladbrokes) today, but when he's at 1/4 to win it's not really worth it...

I read that if McGregor wins then it will be one of the biggest pay-outs in history!

In a 10 round Crusierweight bout, Andrew Tabiti defeats former two-time champion Steve Cunningham by way of Unanimous Decision. The score cards 97-93, 97-93, 100-90.

Update 1: Tony Weeks stops Badou Jack from pummeling Nathan Cleverly in Round 5. So far The Money Team is 2-0.

Update 2: Gervonta Davis improves to 19-0 after a Francisco Fonseca KO in the 8th. Davis was stripped of the IBF Super Featherweight title after coming in 2 lbs. over the limit Friday, so the title remains vacant.

Update 3: Replays show the punch that knocked him down was clearly to the back of the head from Davis. Mora, who has had issues before in big fights, completely missed it. Davis is getting booed out of the building as a result.

Update 4: There is no way Russell Mora should have missed seeing that rabbit punch. He was in perfect position. Let's not forget this was the same guy who let Abner Mares punch Joseph Agbeko below the belt for an entire fight that one time.

Last edited:
To be honest, I hope this bout ends in a draw, despite how unlikely it is (and if this is a work bout, impossible). Mainly because I don't like either.

Round by Round score card:

Round 1: 10-9 McGregor
Round 2: 10-9 McGregor 20-18 McGregor
Round 3: 10-9 McGregor 30-27 McGregor
Round 4: 10-9 Mayweather 39-37 McGregor
Round 5: 10-9 Mayweather 48-47 McGregor
Round 6: 10-9 Mayweather 57-57 Draw

Last edited:
This is Jinder Mahal winning the WWE Championship all over again only this time this isn't scripted (or at least I hope so)

McGregor lasted longer than I thought he would.

All reports point to a very good fight. Hope I can catch a replay later. Sorry I missed it. :irked:

From it sounds it wasn't too bad, McGregor had a good showing while not seeming rubbish and was entertaining.

I guess I don't have words for it since I'm so used to stuff like this either having drama or disappointments. Kinda disappointed this didn't end in disappointed (but that would mean I've been disappointed which would mean it did end in disappointment and I'll stop right here before I go on an endless debate with myself :P)

I agree with McGregor when he said how they should have let it go on longer.

Thats a tough call, I agree, but not much longer (don't recall how much time was left in the round). He hadn't thrown a punch in forever, his arms were flailing about, couldn't exit and create space any longer.

I think the tv judges were just supporting their predictions of Mayweather taking over by the 6th. I thought it was clear McGregor won the first 5 rounds, he didn't do *spoon* while McGregor led the way early on. Sure he got a couple punches in, but I swear his punch total was still in single digits :lol: He was up at least 2 rounds until the 6th.

Jerome

Good fight, McGregor can hold his head up high as it was a great effort and lasted longer than most people thought, compelling stuff that you couldnt take your eyes off.

Undercard was pretty good too, overall it was worth the money. 👍

The fight was better than I thought it was going to be, even the undercards were decent to watch. When compared to the Pacquiao fight, this one was more interesting and better to watch. Plus McGregor managed to land more punches.

Back