Midnight Club LA

• Thread starter P1
  • 918 comments
Finally I got it to work for me, had to do a new account !
My pics don't do the graphics any justice somehow , Hereward your pics look much better, how did you edit them? đź‘Ť

Will post pictures later, need to find out how to do that first though... :sly:

How, just drive away or what?
I always start to panic somehow ...

I've been able to outrun the cops every time so far, even in my crappy VW Scirocco starting car. I just get on the freeway and push it to the limit. I think if you saw how I drive on the freeway, you'd be pretty impressed. :sly:

For those curious/interested in this game, the offline portion of this game is *very much* like NFS Most Wanted. I personally liked NFS Most Wanted a LOT, in fact I finished that game through and played it for a bit after beating it as well, so I really like this game. I'm not exactly the kind of person that absolutely "loves" tuner racing games like the most recent NFS or Burnout Paradise or Juiced or such, but I do like games that are innovative and do well at what they promise. Most Wanted was like that and MC:LA is like that too.

The last 'arcade' racing game I enjoyed this much was Most Wanted and PGR2.

Also I would say the key factor that makes this game much more enjoyable than most other arcade racers (i.e. GRID, NFS Pro Street, Burnout, TDU so on), is that this game works really well with the steering wheel (G25, probably works well with others too). I can't even remember the last game with arcade physics that worked so well with a steering wheel.

Last edited:
I just got a 1.400 ticket from the cops after about 5min. chase(pad),when its 100 if you stop right away.
The feeling with G25 and clutch is so good compare to other arcade games.You loose a little time if you try to use clutch correctly(can do without),but that way its closer to 'sim'. :)

Without nitros,turbo boost,shockways....,this could be perfect for sirious online racing.
Maybe one day private rooms?

Question

Do you need to unlock the photomode?

Reason I am asking

I rented out this game and well I cannot find it.

I just got a 1.400 ticket from the cops after about 5min. chase(pad),when its 100 if you stop right away.
The feeling with G25 and clutch is so good compare to other arcade games.You loose a little time if you try to use clutch correctly(can do without),but that way its closer to 'sim'. :)

Without nitros,turbo boost,shockways....,this could be perfect for sirious online racing.
Maybe one day private rooms?

Yea I use the clutch too to be more "sim" a bit more difficult. I didn't know there's no private rooms. That kinda sucks.

Also I would say the key factor that makes this game much more enjoyable than most other arcade racers (i.e. GRID, NFS Pro Street, Burnout, TDU so on), is that this game works really well with the steering wheel (G25, probably works well with others too). I can't even remember the last game with arcade physics that worked so well with a steering wheel.

I agree with most of the points you stated. But i disagree TDU named with Grid and Burnout Paradise. The physics are way more realistic then in Grid or in Burnout (Burnout imho has not even a physics engine ;P ). And i dont mean the H-Mode, i'm speaking of Normal Mode with setting Hyper Sport.

Midnight Club feels really great with wheel, but its clearly more arcade than TDU, but still feeling good.

Great Game!

Sil

I agree with most of the points you stated. But i disagree TDU named with Grid and Burnout Paradise. The physics are way more realistic then in Grid or in Burnout (Burnout imho has not even a physics engine ;P ). And i dont mean the H-Mode, i'm speaking of Normal Mode with setting Hyper Sport.

Midnight Club feels really great with wheel, but its clearly more arcade than TDU, but still feeling good.

Great Game!

Sil
Yes TDU was more sim but I played it on 360 and PC. 360 doesn't support Logitech steering wheels. And I tried the PC version with the G25 and was not really impressed to say the least. I'm not really comparing physics here, just the overall "feel" with the steering wheel. Midnight Club feels "right" with the steering wheel. It's arcadey, but it's really enjoyable with the wheel.

ERm not alot realy I just twidle with the contrast a little......to be honest it depends when you originaly take the pic, seems to "grey" up slightly at night. Well heres the original and followed by the slightly "fixed" pic.

wow5.jpg

wow3.jpg

I've taken the liberty of doing one of dragonistics pics....took 15 seconds to do if that.

RX7Highway.jpg

wow6.jpg

RX7Hollywood.jpg

wow7.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, I see... almost.
Dragonistic´s look like my pictures, just yours looking much sharper ( they are bigger size, too...)
Yours look actually like it looks on my TV, so however you´ve done it good job! :)

**Oh, Socialclub still not working properly for me . Cant view player profile and I cant upload my car to RateMyRide, which really sucks cos I´ll never get that trophy. :indiff:
Tried at least twenty times to upload and got always an error message. ?!

Last edited:
Think theres isues with the website and from the looks of it there working on the kinks very quickly. The pictures are easy to "fix" you'll notice my pic taken in daylight needed very little doing to it whilst the ones taken at night need a little more work. simpelest way is to simply increase the contrast.....you can play a little more but simply sorting out the contrast fixes the greyness of night pics. I'm waiting for it to rain in game again to get some pics then ....... no joy yet LOL Having just done a 9 hour real life drive today to do a 1 hour fix on a CT machine, taking in such delights as Birmingham M6 and the M25 past Gatwick then on towards the south coast I've had my fill of driving "games" for the day. The pics can wait till the morning

anyone got a car list for this game (searched this thread, couldn't it)
i'm debating between this and the new NFS (i'll probably get both, lol)

I've been reading the G25 is pretty good with this game.
Is this really true?
Compared to the DiRT demo (only other racing game i've played with G25 other than GT5:P.....) is it any better? DiRT was brutal....

EDIT: found it on their site
attached it if anyone is interested

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I'm currently stuck on this, i've got 95% and I've partnered (anyone who's done that will know what i mean to avoid spoilers), now i can't get any of the 'champs' to appear, the bike one did right away before the partnership, now i keep getting lead on the exact same events which don't progress me at all, what is going on? How do i get the tuner/muscle/exotic champ to show up.

EDIT: Had a look on google, says i have to win 35 with each type of vehicle.

Last edited:
wow,
i fail..:dunce::dunce:

Hmm?
As for NFS id rather check if it's not a complete failure again before buying .
I prefer a small car list and good gameplay over a big one and crappy gameplay anytime.

Managed to upload my 'Ride' today after many error messages finally got the darn trophy lol. đź‘Ť

H20HYBRID_GT he wasnt talking about the game but the fact that he missed the first page.

95%. I wish i had the time lol. between games right now including GTA4, Burnout 4, Midnight Club 4, Guitar Hero 4. I did not notice all the fours until now.

Hereward i sent u a friend request, you can view friends gallery's on the social club site. I have one where my car got stuck on a street light and would not reset :).

Played some online and its just like Burnout where you can start any game mode from a cruise, Keep away is soo fun. This game awamzs me as much as the difficulty.

Last edited:
Well i got the big 100 now, the info i was given for the champs wasn't entirely helpful, so i just trial and errored it and it worked. But it did take most of today getting the last 5%. A bit over the top if you ask me. Maybe its just a bit of luck involved?

Well i got the big 100 now, the info i was given for the champs wasn't entirely helpful, so i just trial and errored it and it worked. But it did take most of today getting the last 5%. A bit over the top if you ask me. Maybe its just a bit of luck involved?

LOL how did you do that? I´m stuck on 8 or something.:ouch:

Big đź‘Ť well done!

May I ask do you have the Audi R8 and if so was it hard to get???

14% 10 hours in.........maybe I'm spending too much time online...well at least 2 hours, thats still 8 hours to get 14% LOL Just been looking at the "rate my ride" system (stuck my car up $14k if anyone wants it) and it really makes you want to go desighn somthing a bit special...thats not a saleen LOL

Hehe, I was checking yesterday and the spot number one car was the ugliest thing I of ever seen...
But today there was another car ( forgot which, was black) and it was actually pretty good designed. đź‘Ť

OK remember that disaster I mentioned with the pink slip racers on the garage roof...No?...well it's one of the reasons I've only had 1 car for ages LOL....Anyway I went back....lost another car then bought a golf (you need 2 cars to enter) and risked the 240z on getting back my cars which were tauntingly lined up on the roof of the garage LOL Well success! Got them all back and an RX8 as well for my troubles! Quickly tarted them up with what little cash I had left (Lost lots on the wager races) and I've took some pics!

wows1.jpg

wows3.jpg

wows2.jpg

Still got the 240Z...Love that car but you've had to put up with enough pics of that so I won't bore you with more LOL Loving the game can be frustrating at times but it just makes the victorys sweeter.

What are the button configurations like? Is it X to accelerate and circle to brake or do you have to use the triggers?

Back