MMX's rookie liveries

• Thread starter MMX
  • 306 comments
MMX,

Could you recreate the Mazda LM55 VGT Gr. X livery on the Atenza Gr. 3 starting with a metallic white paint?

mazda_lm55_vision_gran_turismo_by_gt6_garage-d8b4u7k.jpg

Thanks.

MMX
I did, and will give it a shot.

Also, Thanks @Alex Banks. I make most of my own logos, and really put the effort in that they are clean, and ready to use.

I do the same and it really shows on your replicas that its time well spent.
keep the designs coming sir!
[AB]

MMX

Ok, thanks for doing that. Since the LM55 has a vastly different body shape than the Atenza, you'll have to be a bit creative. If you could make the c-pillar (the one closest to the back of the car) matte black, that could reflect the carbon fiber of the central fin on the LM55. As for the stripes, you could move them to the shoulder line (just below the windows, in a similar style to the Bentley Continental GT3. See picture below. As for the hood stripes, you can just recreate those as they are. Finally, the "Skyactiv Technology" logo on both sides of the central fin can go on the rear quarter panels, between the fender arches and the brake lights.

MMX

I gave it a try yesterday too. I saw your version this morning, it's nice ! I ended with something quite different (apart for the black shape after the front wheel). I might try to finish it just for fun.

I gave it a try yesterday too. I saw your version this morning, it's nice ! I ended with something quite different (apart for the black shape after the front wheel). I might try to finish it just for fun.
I'd definitely like to see your interpretation.

I realized when I was almost done with mine, that I did the wrong car, but I wasn't throwing away 4.5 hours of work. I don't own the Gr3 Mazda, so when I scrolled through, and seen the Gr4, I grabbed it.

Anyway, here it is...

zHMpe20.jpg

mlFgnoO.jpg

xmVSalH.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/1445033/1/7134269169122412048

This was my reference image, which is why the 3 names, instead of two like in game.

lhx7uiY.jpg

MMX
I'd definitely like to see your interpretation.

I realized when I was almost done with mine, that I did the wrong car, but I wasn't throwing away 4.5 hours of work. I don't own the Gr3 Mazda, so when I scrolled through, and seen the Gr4, I grabbed it.

Anyway, here it is...

zHMpe20.jpg

mlFgnoO.jpg

xmVSalH.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/1445033/1/7134269169122412048

This was my reference image, which is why the 3 names, instead of two like in game.

lhx7uiY.jpg

MMX,

This looks interesting. However, I have a couple changes I am hoping you can fix:
- Change white to pearlescent instead of gloss.
- If you have the money, buy Gr. 3 Atenza and transfer this livery to that car.
- Once you've done that, can you put the the Kodo: Spirit of Motion logo just in front of the rear wheels and the GT and Mazda logos on the rear wing?

Thanks for working with me and reinterpreting this livery from an LMP1-style car to a GT3-style sedan. I will admit this didn't turn out exactly how I imagined it in my head, but it does look good. I am also hoping to see Crytoria's version.

@MMX, @JaCor653,

Here is what I did. The lines are not as sharp as yours, because I didn't create any SVG and I worked with those of the game. Fortunately, I had already used the Kodo sign before reading the reply of JaCor.

Just like MMX version, it is more an interpretation than a copy, as the shapes are very different.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180112235622.jpg

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180112235608.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180112235548.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180112235540.jpg

@MMX, @JaCor653,

Here is what I did. The lines are not as sharp as yours, because I didn't create any SVG and I worked with those of the game. Fortunately, I had already used the Kodo sign before reading the reply of JaCor.

Just like MMX version, it is more an interpretation than a copy, as the shapes are very different.

View attachment 706084
View attachment 706083 View attachment 706082 View attachment 706081

Crytoria,

Your interpretation of this livery is interesting, but I have to admit I prefer MMX's. Thank you, though, for taking the time to have a go at the livery.

MMX,

This looks interesting. However, I have a couple changes I am hoping you can fix:
- Change white to pearlescent instead of gloss.
- If you have the money, buy Gr. 3 Atenza and transfer this livery to that car.
- Once you've done that, can you put the the Kodo: Spirit of Motion logo just in front of the rear wheels and the GT and Mazda logos on the rear wing?

Thanks for working with me and reinterpreting this livery from an LMP1-style car to a GT3-style sedan. I will admit this didn't turn out exactly how I imagined it in my head, but it does look good. I am also hoping to see Crytoria's version.
I missed this earlier. All my stripes are made in game with a ton of back masking, so doing a special paint is not possible. I'll see if I can do some stripes on the computer for a Gr3 version, but it will be a few days.

MMX
I missed this earlier. All my stripes are made in game with a ton of back masking, so doing a special paint is not possible. I'll see if I can do some stripes on the computer for a Gr3 version, but it will be a few days.

Ok, if you want. Like I said, this work better in my head than it seems like it will work in the game. If you want to continue with this project, you can, but if you choose to abandon it, I wouldn't be too disappointed.

Crytoria,

Your interpretation of this livery is interesting, but I have to admit I prefer MMX's. Thank you, though, for taking the time to have a go at the livery.

No problem. MMX’s is sharper and it would have been perfect on the more edgy shapes of the Gr.3. I had fun doing it and it was motivating to build it without seeing MMX work first.

Messed around with this car a bit, after using it to win the Gr1 enduro in GT League...

bwXCJiH.jpg

00hUura.jpg

daYVDsI.jpg

Threw a quick stripe on the BMW VGT.

UsNtwYy.jpg

I'm being told this is Turner's livery for the upcoming 24hrs of Daytona, so I had to jump on it. A couple decals need some clarification, but Turner is being tight lipped right. Thanks to @Wiz for the heads up on this car, and reaching out to Turner for more info.

wY3TaQt.jpg

vB86eQj.jpg

hOJBdqh.jpg

@JaCor 653 redid this livery on a Gr3 Atenza. The cool thing, at least I think anyway, I took a straight side shot of the Gr4 car I did, and re-drew the stripes on a computer, then brought them in game. Worked out very well, and no need for back masking, so the car can be painted any color.

BUKM86v.jpg

JP5cbyG.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/1445033/1/8152078288390455320

The shared one does not have Skyactive on the rear quarter, but I can share the version that does.

MMX
I'm being told this is Turner's livery for the upcoming 24hrs of Daytona, so I had to jump on it. A couple decals need some clarification, but Turner is being tight lipped right. Thanks to @Wiz for the heads up on this car, and reaching out to Turner for more info.

wY3TaQt.jpg

vB86eQj.jpg

hOJBdqh.jpg

@JaCor 653 redid this livery on a Gr3 Atenza. The cool thing, at least I think anyway, I took a straight side shot of the Gr4 car I did, and re-drew the stripes on a computer, then brought them in game. Worked out very well, and no need for back masking, so the car can be painted any color.

BUKM86v.jpg

JP5cbyG.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/1445033/1/8152078288390455320

The shared one does not have Skyactive on the rear quarter, but I can share the version that does.

Thank you for finishing this. I think we can both agree that it looks cool, but not perfect.

Now that that is taken care of, would you mind doing another request for me when you have the time? This one should work much better than the last one.

mazda-furai-engine-wallpaper-4.jpg
mazda-furai-06.jpg

Mazda Furai press livery, from 2008. You can do it on whichever LM55 you have. Just let me know which one you do it on.

Thanks.

I don't have the LM55, and won't buy it. I usually let the wheel of fortune handle the expensive stuff. I got a La Ferrari yesterday.

MMX

wY3TaQt.jpg

vB86eQj.jpg

hOJBdqh.jpg

Turner.jpg

When I saw that on Instragram this tuesday, I instantly took a screenshot, but I knew you would be quicker to do it. And better ;). I was right, for both !

I plan on doing other GT3/GTD cars, and among them is the Hart Acura NSX which will also run the Daytona (Rolex) 24H.

Did you you know there's a way to earn 1,000,000 credits in about 8 minutes? Here's a link to a video that explains how:

If you don't want to do the Furai, I'll find someone else to. Maybe Crytoria will.

MMX,

I hope you don't mind, but would you mind do another request? Don't worry, this one's an actual car. I would like the Aston Martin GT12 livery on the Gr. 4 Vantage.
aston-gt12-ac-web-001.jpg
aston-gt12-ac-web-010.jpg
aston-gt12-ac-web-003.jpg

Thanks if you do it.

MMX

MMX,

I am amazed that you take care of my requests so quickly. Most of the time, you don't even respond with confirmation that you'll do it. You just do it.

There have been times in Forza when I've asked people to make liveries for me, and they take weeks (or even months in one instance) to make the liveries.

Thank you for your hard work and your willingness to take my requests.

MMX,

Upon further examination of the GT12 livery, I have found one change to be made. For the license plate, can you upolad an actual European Union Great Britain license plate as an SVG decal?

Here's a good image of one:
400px-British_car_registration_plate_labels.svg.png

I don't mind if you use GT font for the license numbers, but would you mind uploading this license plate as decal, so that the livery can be that much more authentic? Thanks.

Back