MMX's rookie liveries

• Thread starter MMX
  • 306 comments
I recommend a font called "Mandatory" that matches the UK license plate font.

edit: and the EU identifier is pretty rare!

edit 2: and the front plate should be white, the rear plate should be yellow.

LOL, thanks for the tips, but I don't plan on doing a lot of license plates. I threw that one together last minute in game.

This one is mostly as Artinmo designed it, but I added on to it.
OGWMjmu.jpg

pgcyCcP.jpg

g1G23dh.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/1445033/1/8440339451083751424

A custom original, that I designed many years ago for a pro street Camaro, but works well on this Jag.

TLzK1Pr.jpg

tjnZJ0w.jpg

wsHpGsX.jpg

MMX, what is the secret to getting the stickers to wrap around curves without distorting the image, like how you wrapped the rear end of that Jag?

Also, are you buddies with the Turner guys? That 24 livery is amazing!

MMX, what is the secret to getting the stickers to wrap around curves without distorting the image, like how you wrapped the rear end of that Jag?

Also, are you buddies with the Turner guys? That 24 livery is amazing!
To a point the project to camera will help you avoid a lot of distortion. For the Jag, the side graphics were stopped just as they get to the corners, I then made the rear part in game to match the side peices, that were made in Illustrator. It a balance between pre_rendered and in game, that takes some practice, and a lot of patience.

I'm not buddies with Turner, just a fan, although a friend of both ours, Wiz from the Tuna site, did reach out to Turner to try and get more info from them. Thanks for the kind words, I really enjoy this stuff.

MMX,

Would you mind doing this livery on the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Gr. 4?
Mercedes-AMG-GT4-128494.jpg
Mercedes-AMG-GT4-128499.jpg
Mercedes-AMG-GT4-128497.jpg
Mercedes-AMG-GT4-128495.jpg

Thanks if you decide to do it.

Last edited:
MMX
I'll see what I can do.

I did a bit of looking in the game. For the rims, could you use standard size BBS FS rims? Also, for the paint, could you use a metallic grey color with values of 58/16/26? Thanks.

Edit: For the side mirrors, rear wing, and wheels, could you use K3 Half Matte?

I did a bit of looking in the game. For the rims, could you use standard size BBS FS rims? Also, for the paint, could you use a metallic grey color with values of 58/16/26? Thanks.

Edit: For the side mirrors, rear wing, and wheels, could you use K3 Half Matte?

If you know so precisely what you want, why not giving it a try by yourself ? I can understand your request for more complex liveries, but the AMG is an easy one and would be a good start ! The decals already exists in the game, the stripes are quite simple and you already know the colours for the car...

Also I’ll answer you PM right now.

Yeah, I'm going to have to start keeping a note pad for these specific requests. :lol:

The idea behind this one, is a young kid with not a lot of money wants to get into racing. So he buys a wrecked car, and starts fixing it up.

TsQnzjU.jpg

IZkaF3g.jpg

First track day.

etmtccz.jpg

You can't see through the helmet, but that's one happy guy.

MMX
@JaCor653 this gray looks too dark, but it's the numbers you asked for.
s5sPeBj.jpg

rPbNgFN.jpg

Since I don't care for these MBs, I didn't realize the correct body style car is not in game for Gr4, so the stripe I uploaded for the side, doesn't match up correct to the door, like it would have for the right car. It is what it is.

Yeah, the real car's grey is not really doable in-game. It is a two-tone semigloss paint. The closest in-game solution is to cover all sides of the car with semigloss decals; however, that wouldn't provide any two-tone characteristics. That's why I chose metallic, so that there would be so changing color in the paint. Thanks for doing it.

Great mock-up of the Global car MMX! I'm guessing that the main color of the car is the chrome red, correct? I haven't found a way to use the 'special paints' to be applied to stickers, I can only use the normal paint in that grid the game provides. Does that sound right, or am I not looking in the right place to be able to use the special paints?

Nice job man!

That's right Spec. I painted the car red chrome, then applied the decals, and white over it.

There's a blue chrome version of that car too, but I missed buying the paint, so can't make it at the moment. :(

Went ahead and put together a trio of MX5s, but once again, I need blue chrome, and don't have it. Used Candy Metallic instead.
fAevWIh.jpg

Seems to be very few pics around of this car, and what I did find, it wasn't loaded down with decals. The base stripes were time consuming enough.
wt0uZpJ.jpg

fxX7mV5.jpg

Last edited:
Well done for the red lines on the Mustang. Straight enough to be clean, and waving enough to mimic the wind effect on the flag !

That White, Red, and Black GTR GT3 livery is amazing! We’re the 3 curved stripes on the sides from the game, or did you create those on your own?
Thanks Spec. Created those on a computer. I was lucky enough to find a straight side shot of the car, so re-drawing it was easy.

@JaCor653 This was by far the most difficult one I've done yet, even though it looks pretty simple. I have 6+ hours in this thing, and very happy with the way it turned out.

wuTaBUl.jpg

fEhnLu3.jpg

Entire car was painted Flo Yellow, and was back masking hell. The text are masks, with the letters cut out.

er584Fc.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/1445033/1/6927099258532299264

I've been wanting to do this one for a long, but the high computer time has held me up. Finally got around to it, and enjoyed putting it together. Such a fun looking paint job, I'll probably use it on other cars.

UQeJwrT.jpg

Q71kgzF.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/1445033/1/7215334032797599240

Back