Motorcycles in GT6?

• Thread starter mjm23race
  • 1,257 comments
Anyone know what he's referring to with this bit? I feel like I'm being a bit dense, but I can't think of any firsts in GT that I would describe as "real-time cars".

Given that it's an interview on a blog about design, I suspect it's about being able to put a car design "out there" as soon as it's done - in real-time with the design process (think FT86). That is, rather than waiting for the engineering, marketing, legal and bureaucracy teams to check everything and stipulate changes to the design...

That's really the main advantage to this whole Vision GT thing; it's like producing a concept for a car show, but more streamlined (more direct), more interactive and it potentially reaches more people. Obviously, that's great for marketing / brand awareness, but it's also pretty great for us to be able to play with actual concepts, rather than mere "viable" products.

The great thing is it could lead to these concepts becoming products, assuming anything interesting does fall out of it.

But I guess this is somewhat off-topic; perhaps I'll repost the interview in the Vision GT thread.

But why? Why has to be on GT? If you like bikes so much, why don't you prefer another Tourist Trophy?

I guess because they can, with both titles likely sharing many tracks etc it makes sense, rather than having to change discs between the two would just be annoying. TT2 could be an optional DLC/plug in for GT6, perhaps with GT6 having the odd bike initially included to temp the purchase of the DLC/ Plugin. A separate TT mode along side GT mode as well as my bikes being accessible in my GT Garage.

As long as bike are not forced on those that do not want it, I think it is a win win for all.

As long as bike are not forced on those that do not want it, I think it is a win win for all.

I'm ok with that. DLC content would be cool for those who want It. But I'll just add: PD, don't let bikes and cars race together. Never. Just don't. Please.

I'm ok with that. DLC content would be cool for those who want It. But I'll just add: PD, don't let bikes and cars race together. Never. Just don't. Please.

Even on the trial runs vehicles do run alongside motorbikes - as opposed to that it would be extremely dangerous to see them competing together in earnest. :(

Even on the trial runs vehicles do run alongside motorbikes - as opposed to that it would be extremely dangerous to see them competing together in earnest. :(

It would also be pretty darn hard to regulate so that the competition stays fair. Unless you have one class for cars and one for bikes. But what would be the point then of having them race at the same time?

I guess because they can, with both titles likely sharing many tracks etc it makes sense, rather than having to change discs between the two would just be annoying. TT2 could be an optional DLC/plug in for GT6, perhaps with GT6 having the odd bike initially included to temp the purchase of the DLC/ Plugin. A separate TT mode along side GT mode as well as my bikes being accessible in my GT Garage.

Yes, agree all the way, although I'd rather they'd be in one game, but DLC is just fine. Only problem is that there may be no progressive mode for them.

But yeah, having a separate TT game, in which will have pretty much the same tracks as GT itself, is almost a waste of production time. The first TT was an exception because it was simply an experiment (and no option for DLC) and it also had like one exclusive bike track that wasn't included in GT4. Nowadays, tracks take a long time to make. Making exclusive bike tracks for TT would simply take too much time away from GT. Other than that, everything was the same, music, tracks, etc.

Not in the same game, no. It doesn't work.
How on earth could you possibly know that since they haven't done it? o_O

It would work, and would work well. Apart from maybe online where some people in cars would ram the bikers off their bikes for amusement.

It is better suited to PS4 though, which should have no problem handling it.

It would work, and would work well. Apart from maybe online where some people in cars would ram the bikers off their bikes for amusement.

You couldn't have them race together properly.

Comparing equal lap times, a bike is much faster off corner, and much slower into the turn.

You'd get a problem with the bikes flying past the cars on the straight, and then the cars wouldn't be able to pass again without ramming them off the road.

Parity racing between bikes and cars is possible, if PD can make PP system works for bikes too, it would make finding the proper bike to race certain cars easier.

The "GT Suzuki" I think not.Why? because there has never been one or never will.

This thread is ridiculous and junk.
Mods close this crap...seriously.

Suzuki have made plenty of GT bikes, still do. :confused:

Suzuki also make cars, of course. If that'll make you feel better?

The "GT Suzuki" I think not.Why? because there has never been one or never will.

This thread is ridiculous and junk.
Mods close this crap...seriously.

No.

We don't respond well to being given orders, you don't like the thread then don't post in it, others do and you do not get to decide when thread do and don't exist here.

Why not?

I would like to see it available in at least one event? (e.g. Ariel atom vs bike scenario)

Why not?

I would like to see it available in at least one event? (e.g. Ariel atom vs bike scenario)

I can't see why anybody could have a problem with a bunch of players racing against each other with any of the vehicles in the game they felt like. Be it bikes vs cars or indeed any type of vehicle against any other type. What exactly is the big deal?

It's a game, after all. Amazingly, some people seem to be idealogically opposed to the very idea of such a blasphemy ever occuring. Even in a computer game! WTF?

@Ugly So long as you can toggle mixed platform racing on and off it's not a problem at all. My thing would be that I want a car game, not a "race anything" game. I want the resources spent on making cars and tracks to race on, perfecting car physics, sounds, AI etc. To split that effort with bikes would water both vehicles down to some extent and that's just not something I'd be willing to put up with as a consumer. I want GT to be my car game, not "everything on wheels" game.

I can't see why anybody could have a problem with a bunch of players racing against each other with any of the vehicles in the game they felt like. Be it bikes vs cars or indeed any type of vehicle against any other type. What exactly is the big deal?

It's a game, after all. Amazingly, some people seem to be idealogically opposed to the very idea of such a blasphemy ever occuring. Even in a computer game! WTF?

Not on the same track together at the same time, there is no events that the FIA stage or sanction (that I am aware or have heard of) on a closed circuit that run both at the same time. You want that then midnight club was the answer to that. I am happy to see them in the one game just different paths. You choose a bike you get other bikes and bike events, and vice versa.

Mostly special one off events like this:

Why restrict GT players from recreating them?

I thought you were referring to actual FIA events. Look I can't see an issue with it as "special" events separate from a spec so if you want to stage that then you can if not you just avoid but I don't wish to see it as part of the a spec "career" as such. And think to be accepted amongst the "masses" you would find it would need to be optional. First things 1st lets see a drag strip!

It would be nice, but unlike other game developers like EA, PD is such a small company, they use the money from the DLC to develop newer DLC and newer games, which is a bad thing. I wish they could make games faster so they'll have more time to make new features.

Keep bikes out. Make a new TT for them. I don't even care for trucks, karts or Nascar. I am sure they would not put cars in a new Tourist Trophy game so why bring bikes in a GT game.

PGR4 tried its hardest to incorporate mixed car/bike racing with mixed success. That game is obviously far more arcade orientated - but the problems of cars vs bikes on track still remained. As fun as it was, I don't see it coming to a more sim based racer anytime soon...

It was way too easy for cars to ram bikes off the track, if they implemented it into GT - it would be too difficult to get clean racing. Just won't ever happen.

I think that motorcycles SHOULD BE INCLUDED ON GT6. PD says that TT2 will be included BUT IT TAKES FOREVER!!!! So, when TT2 COMES, PD MUST MAKE THE UPDATE (CONTAINS PURCHASING AND SAVING BIKES TO GT6)!!!!

no-frog.jpg

I for one would love some bikes.

Was a huge fan of TT and will 100% buy TT2 when it drops.

I'd love to take a cbr1000rr round bathurst!

Only thing is, I couldn't use my wheel, and would have to go back to ds3. But it would be more of a fun thing. I take the cars a bit more seriously I suppose.

Back