Muscle Cars with aftermarket wheels! (American cars thread)

What is up with the Crossfire's wheels. They look all pixelated and crap. They had screenshots of the Crossfire before the game came out and they didn't look good either.

i'm wondering if we could get a screenshot showing the color selection screens to see what colors are available. specifically the ford gt and shelby srs1

cudadude2
i'm wondering if we could get a screenshot showing the color selection screens to see what colors are available. specifically the ford gt and shelby srs1

i posted the FORD GT in all the colors on page 1 ;)

SERIES 1 colors:

silver/black stripes

silver/blue stripes

silver/red stripes

silver/white stripes

I've seen some 2005 Mustang action shots and I have to admit, those are beautiful. Any "Photomode" ones with some nice wheels? I'm addicted to this cause I am soon to get this car haha 👍

As an Oz (read Aussie or Australian. lol), I'd like to know what you american's think of the Pontiac GTO compared to the Holden Monaro. There are more GTO's sold in America than there are Monaro's sold in Australia, but thats just the demographic..

Yes, I know you know that they are the same car. The main difference being the front grill, and the boot (trunk) has been cut in half (500+litres compared to 300+ litres I think) so that the fuel tank sits upright and behind the rear seats for US safety regulations, Monaro has it under the car, which should in theory effect handling. Did Polyphony consider such things or did they make it like the Aston DB7 and Jag XK and just have the external diffs and not handling.

I prefer the Monaro (not being biased) coz I like the sleeker look, dont really like the pontiac bonnet and grill. Have you guys seen the HSV versions? Too bad they aren't in the game.

I realise this is an "American" muscle car thread, but I'd like to see the "Aussie" muscle cars too! Aussie Holden's and Ford's are just American engines wrapped in Aussie designed shells. Commodore's/Monaro's use 5.7 V8 LS1 (6.0 LS2 in the latest HSV versions) engines and Ford's use 5.4 V8 Boss engines.

I wish they had the HSV HRT 427 concept beast in GT4! .. that was a C5R (Corvette Le Mans engine) 7.0 (427cubes, hence the name) Monaro with about 417.6 kw / 560 bhp @ 6000 rpm and 779.6 nm / 575 ft lbs @ 4800 rpm with race spec parts (carbon fibre parts, 6pot brakes, roll cage, alcantera.. lol) meant to rival the supercars of the world.

claimed 0-60 in 3.8, 1/4 mile in 11.8, top speed of 300+km'h/180+miles!!! :drool:

It never made it to production, but it did make it to the track, entering in the Nations Cup Championship which is the Australian over AU$100,000 production supercar class. Up against Lambo's, Ferrari's, Porches, Vipers and other supercars it came 2nd in the championship after the 4WD Lambo Diablo GTR and in 2003 was 1st and 2nd at the Bathurst 24hour race against the worlds best cars.

Would have been Australia's 1st real Supercar contender.. oh well, maybe one day.

http://www.fast-autos.net/holden/holdenhrt427.html
http://www.supercars.net/cars/2002@$HSV@$HRT%20427%20Conceptx.html

Yeah so.. Some Aussie car pics please :D They aren't American but if you look at the history of the Aussie car industry, they are PURE MUSCLE

Love that FORD Falcon BOSS GT too!.. Now that is definately a muscle car. From the front it has a very aggresive look with it's bulging bonnet. it's like a 4 door Mustang with that bonnet!

What does the world think of Australias muscle cars??.. Too bad the world hasn't seen the HSV's.. Holden Special Vehicles.. Holden's performance arm.

Check out the new HSV GTS-R race car only and the HSV 4WD Coupe too.. anyone who likes the GTO has got to check out the HSV website!

http://www.hsv.com.au/index_new.html

Damn the rest of the world is missing out!! You all get the Monaro but do you get the 4WD Coupe??

I'm an American and I don't like the GTO at all. Here they are playing it off as if it were a totally new vehicle. And they've been making it over there in Australia for a while now (i think) any yes the Aussie version looks better IMO.

Nightkid86,

The current shape Monaro came out here in 2001. The original came out in the late 60's and was loosely based on American muscle of it's time, too. I think America got it in 03? and europe 04?.. europe has the HSV version, not sure if they get the Holden, badged as a Vauxhall VXR which is a 260kw HSV GTO Coupe here. Don't know if they'll get the GTS Coupe which has 300kw. They have the Commodore GTS (badged GTS-R), though.

The rest of the world got the 2 series Monaro which had a much better, european influenced, interior plus other things. That's why you got it so late, coz the 1st series' interior and drivetrain was 4-5 years old coming straight out of the Commodore. Lucky you don't know what the old interior looked like, coz it was ****!.

Alot of people here aren't so impressed with the Monaro here coz it's bagged (teased) as a 2 door Commodore, which is the highest selling car in Australia year in year our for like 20 years in a row now, so we see commodores everywhere here. Your not an aussie if you've never owned a commodore.. lol

HSV and Holden are not exactly one and the same, it's complicated so don't ask. HSV is owned by TWR, euro's might know who that is, and that's why they got the HSV version of both the Commodore and Monaro, I guess. HSV refers to the Monaro as the Coupe and currently only modify Commodores and Monaro's..

just thought I'd add that little bit of trivia. :D

I am aware that Holden owns a percentage of HSV.

Also the first GTO (Monaro style GTO) is the 04 model.

I actually like the Monaro GTO, especially the '05 with mo powa and functional hoodscoops. I like the understated styling. I'd never buy one for the money, but if I won one as a prize I wouldn't sell it.

Someone please explain to me why they put the stupid plain jane Ram Laramie in the game instead of the Ram Sport or (preferably) the RamBee or the Ram SRT-10? After all, they put the F-150 Lightning in...

Great pics, everyone. I think I might give the photomode a decent shot, now. I would like to see more variety of the racing wheels, though.

neon_duke
I actually like the Monaro GTO, especially the '05 with mo powa and functional hoodscoops. I like the understated styling. I'd never buy one for the money, but if I won one as a prize I wouldn't sell it.

Someone please explain to me why they put the stupid plain jane Ram Laramie in the game instead of the Ram Sport or (preferably) the RamBee or the Ram SRT-10? After all, they put the F-150 Lightning in...

The 05 Is the pictured in my Icon :) Very Much needed on GM's part. im glad it gets the 6.0 Badges, Just like the 64. :)

Some Like it some don't, But I do :) 13.0 1/4th mile and 400 HP with a corvette LS2 Count me In :)

You guys are doing great on the pictures! Keep it up!

Im hoping we get at least 20 or so cars when its translated to America, the PAL version is supposed to get "A Handfull" Of new cars, so hopefully we get some too :) I get kinda suspicious when I see the 04 GTO in the game labled as the "Pontiac GTO 5.7" why add the 5.7? Unless "maybe" they could add the 2005 "Pontiac GTO 6.0" Doubtful, but hey, things happen :)

Nobody thought cars we're comming to differant versions, so theres always hope, Just slim slim hope it is.

VIPERGTSR01,

I see you're an aussie :D

Holden owns a percentage of HSV, but they dont build HSV's like Ford builds FPV's. It's a funny relationship they have.. for some reason Holden doesn't want to "own" HSV. Cant remember why, I read it somewhere, and yet they work so closely together they might as well be all under the same roof.

And the HSV AWD Coupe is only a HSV with no plan for an AWD Monaro..

They probably only got the rights for the GTO 5.7 badge. By the time the 6.0 came out, GT4 was probably almost finished.

The only thing I dont like is the bonnet.. I'd like it better if it just had a bulge in it rather than having extra nostrils. I know it gives it the old retro styling of the original GTO, but still.. it's f@!<ing ugly

another thing.. I don't think Holden is going to use the 6.0 LS2 in their cars for a while, where as HSV are slotting them in their cars right away..

Nice pictures..! The orange Charger is stunning, as well as the Camaro SS and the black Ram..

However, I got a question, can somebody tell me the color options on the Viper GTS? Much appreciated. :)

KaiZen
They probably only got the rights for the GTO 5.7 badge. By the time the 6.0 came out, GT4 was probably almost finished.

The only thing I dont like is the bonnet.. I'd like it better if it just had a bulge in it rather than having extra nostrils. I know it gives it the old retro styling of the original GTO, but still.. it's f@!<ing ugly

Dunno, It'd be pretty easy to modify the exsisting model just add a differant hood and rear bumper and exauhst, tune it to do 400HP and it could be done :) Since a "base" model is there It shouldnt be very hard at all, making it just that much more realistic.

Im a dreamer though :)

They probably just couldn't be f@!<ed, really. It would have been good if they were up to date though, and better coz there are 2 monaros in the game.. one could have the Pontiac 6.0 GTO and the other a Holden 5.7 Monaro.. oh and one more, I'm still crossing my fingers and toes, a HSV 6.0 GTS Coupe with 300kw

Back