Must buy 20,000,000 dollar car to race in nostalgic 1979 professional race ?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by bwanabud, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Greycap

Greycap Premium

By which logic is 5+10+15 = 20? :odd:

IngRobNy, GTV0819 and Pururut like this.
  2. Volksauto

Volksauto

Well I certainly feel dumbfounded. :boggled::dunce::dunce:
    I’ll correct this.

IngRobNy and GTV0819 like this.
  3. Sakinen

Sakinen

Is Corvette Stingray really competitive;
    If so, it's a real bargain at 5.000.000!

IngRobNy likes this.
  4. breeminator

breeminator

I just did it with the 300 SEL. First time I tried, a 330 P4 was the #1 AI at the start, and I just couldn't catch it, best I did was to finish 3.5 seconds behind it, with average lap times after the first one in the high 1:26s. I remembered seeing on here for a different race that you should quit and go back in if a certain car is at the front, so I did that here, and this time a 250 GTO was #1 at the start. That made it hugely easier to win, I caught the lead AI car on lap 4, I think, and opened up a lead of 3.5 secs by the last lap. It did rubber band to a pretty silly extent, but was still 1.5 secs behind me at the finish.

sirjim73 likes this.
  5. Volksauto

Volksauto

When fully upgraded, it has 591 horsepower and the vehicle is fairly lightweight as well. I use the Corvette in Route X lobbies online. It can keep up with GT-Rs and Paganis at 295mph with a draft. People are surprised at how much of a sleeper it is considering it being 60 years old.

IngRobNy and sirjim73 like this.
  6. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Yes it is, and it is a good car to have for the price..

7. SirBerra

SirBerra

May the Lord help you if you don't have at least a Mark IV or 330 P4 at Sardegna. I've got at least six of each so I don't need any help and just one will do but definitely go with the 330 P4.

8. breeminator

breeminator

Challenge accepted!

sardegna 1979 1st 300 SEL.jpg

Edit: Having said that, a week after posting the above, I tried this race again on a different account where I have the 330 P4, and good lord it makes it so much easier to win, I was lapping 8 seconds a lap quicker than with the 300 SEL.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  9. Bloodytears

Bloodytears

This new AMG really makes those races affordable. Tried it for the first time without ABS, and other fancy modern stuff and nearly won 330 P4, was late like 3-4 seconds, but this because messed up big time at Les Combes twice. And damn, this car is a beast, so enjoyable!

Edit: Won Greendwood first try. No struggle.

sirjim73 likes this.
  10. psvjk

psvjk

Hello,

Does anyone have tune specs for the AMG and Stingray?
    Monza , Le mans and Spa isn't a problem, can't finish first at the other ones.

Thanks in advance!

11. psvjk

psvjk

Everything gold with the Mercedes:tup:

sirjim73 likes this.
  12. Fustang7

Fustang7

Hey. I’ve only just raced these so my comment is late. So, when I started these races, I only had 1 gift car that qualified for these races, which was the Mercedes 300 SEL. I refuse to use 15 million credits (minimum) so I raced over and over and tuned the car over and over to suit each track and finally I got wins on all (apart from goodwood!)
    I’ve just won at brands hatch so I’m gonna share my personal tuning with you so you can give it a go. Bear in mind you have to be very consistent and make no mistakes, but you will win as I did.
    Let me know how you got on.
    If anyone has a good tune for this car to win goodwood please share with me :)

Attached Files:

darth_tails and sirjim73 like this.