• Thread starter Afrodeezy
  • 478 comments

Should every NASCAR be in GT6?

• Yes

Votes: 157 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 132 45.7%

• Total voters
I voted yes, but so long as they get everything right this time. I hate the fact that the NASCAR cars in the game are too fast, going over 240(!!!) MPH at tracks like Daytona.

this is because in real life they have restrictor plates or else they really would do 240+. The game does not because NASCAR cars do not on other tracks like road courses and smaller ovals. Why restrictor plates? This is an ignorant question that I should not have to answer but the answer is because if they really did do 240+ than it would be even more unsafe for the drivers and fans. One example of this is when Carl Edwards hit the fence at the end of the Talladega race. a few people were injured and if he had been going faster it would have injured more and possibly killed. Another reason is an obvious one for people who have ever gotten in a car wreck it is not very fun. Well, as you can imagine even with a steel frame and special racing seat hitting a wall at 200 hurts and you want to add more speed just because you think it is boring to watch. I'm here to tell ya more speed won't do anything.

Also, everyone who voted no are ignorant because they have never raced short track ovals in real life like I do. They think all NASCAR is is Daytona what about Indy, Bristol, Sonoma. People who voted NO do not know how fun it can be to actually have to brake and turn in a NASCAR because everyone plays NASCAR at Daytona which is dumb. I have 4 short tracks and a triangle shaped POCONO style track that I made. I doubt anyone that voted NO can run them without over running the turns. It makes me mad when people say NASCAR is boring:mad:. It is not all anyone thinks is Daytona are you really that dumb to think that all NASCAR runs is Daytona that would be like assuming all F1 runs is Nurburgring GP/F.

Last edited:
Chill! But seriously, like I said before, people not getting NASCAR is evident in their bumper car/demolition derby style with no skill shown. A lot of the NASCAR hate is simply because of the 'it's so easy you just turn left F1 is so much better lololololol' thing that people have. But Bristol/Martinsville + online lobby + 12 year olds and NASCAR haters = disaster for them, but easy wins for the ones who understand:D

Again, I doubt it, I have asked tons of people if they know any of those things and the only ones they have heard of is Red Bull because of the drink and Ferrari because of the road car.

Again, an F1 fan can point out those things easily, all a non-f1 fan sees is a fast car.

They would probably ask who the hell Michael Schumacher is.

I think people overstate F1's impact on the world, most people pay little to no attention to it.

Are you serious? I get up every Sunday early in the morning to watch F1.

1 person does not the world make.

Circuit Of The Americas is the home of the Formula 1 US Grand Prix on Nov. 15-17, 2013 in Austin, TX. Here look http://www.formula1.com/races/in_detail/united_states_911/
When they pack that like a sardine can then you can comment. Nascar is strictly a North American series. F1 is world wide from Bahrain to Canada.They have 5 times the fan base of Nascar for that simple reason. Nascar is not about turning left on pavement as there is multiple series of racing from Super Modified on dirt tracks to trucks that are racing this weekend on the old F1 track called Mosport in Canada this weekend.Little history to read http://www.mosport.com/about-mosport/history
So all the F1 fans can watch trucks race on what was one of the fastest F1 tracks around.

In the latest news about GT6, they said they'll add the 1000+ cars from GT5 which include NASCAR. So I think that they'll add NASCAR.

Chill! But seriously, like I said before, people not getting NASCAR is evident in their bumper car/demolition derby style with no skill shown. A lot of the NASCAR hate is simply because of the 'it's so easy you just turn left F1 is so much better lololololol' thing that people have. But Bristol/Martinsville + online lobby + 12 year olds and NASCAR haters = disaster for them, but easy wins for the ones who understand:D

You so ignorant you didn't even read my message. You do not realize that it is much more fun to drive when you actually have to slow down. Also, since you are so ignorant you fail to realize that Cup has two road courses 1. Sonoma 2. Walkins Glen. But, you wouldn't know that. I am a F1 fan but I think people underestimate the driving skill that most NASCAR drivers have people just think its mash the gas and turn left. It is turning left alot but short tracks and 1-1 1/2 mile ovals introduce letting off the gas and sometimes braking. It is more complicated than you think because most people have never actually tried to turn at speeds well over 100 mph. when your in a heavy stock car things do not just turn on a dime like an F1 car which makes it as difficult as racing F1. If anyone watched the seat trade between Tony Stewart and Lewis Hamilton neither of them made better lap times than the other when they switched cars. Tony could not make faster laps than Lewis in the F1 and Lewis could not make faster laps in the NASCAR than Tony. So that just proves my point.

Last edited:
People get the wrong idea because playing with NASCARs in GT5 is so ridiculously easy. Once you start playing a game designed specifically to simulate oval racing, it becomes much more interesting. You really start to feel how to be quick you have to keep this massively powerful and heavy car right on the edge of grip pretty much all the time. And with other cars inches away from you.

I'm an Aussie, so I'm not really a NASCAR fan. I didn't grow up with it, and I think watching it is boring. But get into a good online race with other good drivers and do 20~40 laps sitting on someone else's bumper and try not to come away excited.

It's a very different skill to road racing. Road racing is a lot about lines, braking points and so on. You can spend quite a lot of a race essentially hot lapping. NASCAR is about stretching your car control while on the absolute limit of grip, and almost pure racecraft skills. You spend a lot more time door to door with people than you do on a road course, so being able to set up good passes and defend well and cleanly goes a long way.

GT6 could bring all this stuff in and make racing ovals great, but I'm sort of dubious that it will.

People get the wrong idea because playing with NASCARs in GT5 is so ridiculously easy. Once you start playing a game designed specifically to simulate oval racing, it becomes much more interesting. You really start to feel how to be quick you have to keep this massively powerful and heavy car right on the edge of grip pretty much all the time. And with other cars inches away from you.

I'm an Aussie, so I'm not really a NASCAR fan. I didn't grow up with it, and I think watching it is boring. But get into a good online race with other good drivers and do 20~40 laps sitting on someone else's bumper and try not to come away excited.

It's a very different skill to road racing. Road racing is a lot about lines, braking points and so on. You can spend quite a lot of a race essentially hot lapping. NASCAR is about stretching your car control while on the absolute limit of grip, and almost pure racecraft skills. You spend a lot more time door to door with people than you do on a road course, so being able to set up good passes and defend well and cleanly goes a long way.

GT6 could bring all this stuff in and make racing ovals great, but I'm sort of dubious that it will.

I agree, I have GT5 and Nascar '09, and it is much harder to drive on the Nascar game than it is driving a Nascar in GT5. I'm not a very good driver in the Nascar game.

Most of us in Australia only watch NASCAR because of Marcos Ambrose, if he wasn't there NASCAR might not even get shown here

So Nascar only started being broadcast in 2008/2009 in Australia?

This ^ and if PD did more to introduce different elements to make NASCAR difficult (more variations of tracks not just Daytona). Also there is car control and setups that the drivers give input on more so than F1 drivers would because of the live feedback the car gives to race engineers that a Cup car doesn't have. Saving gas, tire conservation, brake conservation (short tracks), dealing with Dirty air that interrupts the aero are all skills a Cup driver needs to win. Furthermore, the skills that Imari said go in part.

Are you serious? I get up every Sunday early in the morning to watch F1.

Don't you mean the Sundays it is on, which isn't every sunday or better yet the Saturday nights due to the time change (Japan comes to mind)

Last edited:
You so ignorant you didn't even read my message. You do not realize that it is much more fun to drive when you actually have to slow down. Also, since you are so ignorant you fail to realize that Cup has two road courses 1. Sonoma 2. Walkins Glen. But, you wouldn't know that. I am a F1 fan but I think people underestimate the driving skill that most NASCAR drivers have people just think its mash the gas and turn left. It is turning left alot but short tracks and 1-1 1/2 mile ovals introduce letting off the gas and sometimes braking. It is more complicated than you think because most people have never actually tried to turn at speeds well over 100 mph. when your in a heavy stock car things do not just turn on a dime like an F1 car which makes it as difficult as racing F1. If anyone watched the seat trade between Tony Stewart and Lewis Hamilton neither of them made better lap times than the other when they switched cars. Tony could not make faster laps than Lewis in the F1 and Lewis could not make faster laps in the NASCAR than Tony. So that just proves my point.
You're so ignorant you didn't read my message. I am a huge NASCAR fan and fully understand the physical and mental demands of oval racing. I was backing up your point by saying that tracks like Martinsville or Bristol would be great to drive on for NASCAR fans, and it would be hilarious to see the NASCAR haters who think it's all full throttle turn left to actually attempt an online race with those who understand the intricacies of short track racing.

this is because in real life they have restrictor plates or else they really would do 240+. The game does not because NASCAR cars do not on other tracks like road courses and smaller ovals. Why restrictor plates? This is an ignorant question that I should not have to answer but the answer is because if they really did do 240+ than it would be even more unsafe for the drivers and fans. One example of this is when Carl Edwards hit the fence at the end of the Talladega race. a few people were injured and if he had been going faster it would have injured more and possibly killed. Another reason is an obvious one for people who have ever gotten in a car wreck it is not very fun. Well, as you can imagine even with a steel frame and special racing seat hitting a wall at 200 hurts and you want to add more speed just because you think it is boring to watch. I'm here to tell ya more speed won't do anything.

Also, everyone who voted no are ignorant because they have never raced short track ovals in real life like I do. They think all NASCAR is is Daytona what about Indy, Bristol, Sonoma. People who voted NO do not know how fun it can be to actually have to brake and turn in a NASCAR because everyone plays NASCAR at Daytona which is dumb. I have 4 short tracks and a triangle shaped POCONO style track that I made. I doubt anyone that voted NO can run them without over running the turns. It makes me mad when people say NASCAR is boring:mad:. It is not all anyone thinks is Daytona are you really that dumb to think that all NASCAR runs is Daytona that would be like assuming all F1 runs is Nurburgring GP/F.

Apparently, its difficult for some to appreciate the skill level and pure daring that is required to run, in Nascar, particularly at the Sprint Cup level.

IMO, the best way to really experience the true perspective of it, is to attend a race at one of the mile and a half tracks.
Charlotte being one of the best.
Its the only way to really get the sense of speed and edge of control they drive at, running door to door in boxy 3200lb cars.
Since the motors are not restricted, they run over 200 now in the straight aways, 190 plus lap average.
It is truly incredible to witness, in person.
Thats why there are so many mile and a half tracks on the circuit.

I'm a race fan, not just a Nascar fan. I enjoy watching a good competitive race at almost any level, any track or with any type of cars.

I like Nascar to return to GT6, but more tracks for Nascar would be nice or at least a possability to create a oval on the track editor.
Now most of the time you see lobby's were they only drive Daytona.. they say Indy is to difficult ???? I hope to see a better Nascar future. Nascar in GT5 was a good appetizer.

I along with a couple thousand other GT5 player hope Polyphony Digital includes Nascar in GT6, for the simple fact that Nascar offers the closest, fastest side by side racing anywhere in the GT landscape ... go online view the amount of Nascar room and the number of players in each room, also consider the amout of hours these rooms are open.... why would you want to exclude Nascar. WE NEED NASCAR IN GT6

Don't really mind them, to me they're just as useful as Group C and DTM cars. You can have your fun with them online when you want to but for A-spec, they don't really add much. Plus they are keeping the NASCARs for GT6.

The grammar, spelling, etc., in this thread is just so hilariously poor.
I know, read what I had to put up with at the top of the page:rolleyes:
EDIT - I don't know why this thread hasn't been locked because the original question is answered, the only place it can go from here is more arguments or wishlists.

Asking people for their opinions on the question "Should every NASCAR be in GT6?" won't yield an "answer" of any consequence as such, just a vote with an opinion - which may or may not tally with your own.

If you're not interested to debate your ideas, or those of others (or you find the spelling, punctuation or grammar beneath you)... don't visit the thread.

They are carrying the current models in GT5 over to GT6, correct ?

It would be good though if they did add the Gen 6 cars in GT6, plus more tracks would be great too. However, I have a sneaky feeling it won't happen, I mean it was a success I'd say having NASCAR in GT5.

I know, read what I had to put up with at the top of the page:rolleyes:
EDIT - I don't know why this thread hasn't been locked because the original question is answered, the only place it can go from here is more arguments or wishlists.

Grammatical sarcasm, genius! 👍

Hi,

In my opinion, the improvements PD should propose for oval races is the possibility to tune every wheel separtly.

A better damage management should also be a plus.

These 2 improvements are general, not only for NASCAR.

For NASCAR, before having new cars, I think it would be better to have new tracks to cover all type of race in this serie.

- 1 short track : e.g. Bristol
- 1 speedway like Atlanta or Charlotte
- 1 road track like Watkins Glen

And maybe add the possibility to race at 'tona by night.

Hi,

In my opinion, the improvements PD should propose for oval races is the possibility to tune every wheel separtly.

A better damage management should also be a plus.

These 2 improvements are general, not only for NASCAR.

For NASCAR, before having new cars, I think it would be better to have new tracks to cover all type of race in this serie.

- 1 short track : e.g. Bristol
- 1 speedway like Atlanta or Charlotte
- 1 road track like Watkins Glen

And maybe add the possibility to race at 'tona by night.

Actually you don't need to tune every wheel separately what you need are general wheel tuning options that apply to every wheel. Hybriders discovered that you can change steering ratios. All steering on all cars in GT5 are fixed ratios whereas in real life, Nascar, Rally, Street and Track cars might have different steering ratios. The ability for us to tune this, a code that is already included in the game and would require just adding one more tuning window in the tuning options, would be a simple addition that would add a lot to the enjoyment of the game for many drivers and would make things like Nascar racing on high speed ovals much more precise and controllable.

Current, modern-day Nascar ?, no thanks.

Retro Nascar, from the 60's-70's, when the cars were awesome & actually looked like their street-couterparts, something like this below ?

Hell yeah 👍, I would sign-up on a GTP league and everything with premium vintage stock-cars.

Back