Need for Speed HEAT Revealed, Arrives November 8

• Thread starter Gr4ndy
  • 148 comments
Everyone's here regarding the handling model, and I'm just here wondering why and how Palm city is still using Crown Vics in 2019. Not that I mind of course. :P

Me too. Those are slow, obsolete, 250 hp heavy police cars. Aren’t the Caprice, Charger, and Taurus in service now?

That would be irritating, but I can see that happening. Also the 488 looks stock while pretty much every other car in the trailer has been visually customised in some way. Hopefully we'll find out sooner rather than later.

Ferrari seems to have a problem with how their cars are depicted. I heard they don’t approve of certain things their car can do in games if I’m correct. If they’re not gonna let Ferrari’s be customized like they didn’t in the 2015/2016 NFS then I’d rather them not be in the game. You could even put wheels on them in that game. Isn’t that why the why they took the Liberty Walk Ferrari 458 kit out FH4?

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too. Those are slow, obsolete, 250 hp heavy police cars. Aren’t the Caprice, Charger, and Taurus in service now?
They can’t take a beating like the VIC can though. Pretty sure if Ford still made it the CVPI would still be in service.

The trailer unfortunately was pretty underwhelming to me. This game just looks like Payback 2 so far.
Agreed, I’m far from impressed.. and that’s good since I already have enough games planned for fall (Wreckfest Xbox, Borderlands 3, Pacific content for BFV, GRID, maybe even CoD MW).

I’ll have another look at some actual gameplay videos from Gamescom instead of fancy trailers but so far this seems like an easy pass for me.

Well look on the bright side.
At lease there isn't any Battle Royale in there*.

* yet to be announced at a later time ?

Meh...day and night seems interesting but until i see gameplay, this looks super safe. That die-cast car model for the CE though would be nice, sod everything else in it :P

Seeing the name 'Palm City' makes me think of Hot Pursuit 2...

latest

...which will probably be the better game. Again. I wouldn't be surprised if EA actually forgot about that game.

If they get rid of the crap card system from the previous game and replace it with the more traditional upgrade system, I might give this one a go. The visual upgrades side was great, but needs to have a better unlocking system rather than performing some rather arbitrary, meaningless task to unlock them.

Oh and of course the handling physics, while better in Payback than NFS, still needs to be addressed a bit.

Bring back auto-sculpt as well!!! :)

I'm not pre-ordering it or anything, and I am going to wait for the proper reviews to come out before I make my decision. This is EA we are talking about here after all.

A lot of people are making the ProStreet reference and I agree, it looks like an interesting system as I did enjoy ProStreet for the most part. This system kind of reminds of the Tokyo Extreme Drift series as well.

One of my biggest gripes with Payback was that all events were the same, no matter what time of day. I don't think illegal street races work during broad daylight, so to have them EXCLUSIVELY at night is a good choice. Doing the legal, sanctioned races will be a lot of fun for me because street racing in traffic really grinds my gears. Buuut Payback left a bad taste in my mouth and I stopped playing it after 3 days because I simply wasn't enjoying it. The drift physics pissed me off even more than in 2015, which is worrying. This game will most likely take a backseat to Grid, so I won't be rushing out to get it. Doesn't mean that I won't get it at all; the game seems more promising than Payback. Whether it delivers is another story.

I’m definitely looking forward to it, more silly customisation to make abominations and more focus on cops chases is the 2 things I’ve been asking for any arcade racer.

Really hope the physics is more consistent this time.

The Crown Vics are very iconic and I don’t think they won’t go away anytime soon. Since they are in real life slowly or already being replaced by the Ford Explorer and Ford Taurus. I haven’t seen a Crown Vic police car in a long time. Yeah sure I would love to see a Chevy Caprice PPV in the game too.

This feels like a pass. Interesting location & day/night mechanic, but nothing really unique from what they've done in the past. The cheesy narration & "cop bro" feel like one of the silly plot devices from the Black Box games, too.

Aaaannnnd thats the end. Hype gone.

At first I felt the same but then I realised;

it probably won’t be as bad as Rivals considering we don’t have access to stuff like EMPs and shockwaves and such

At least, that’s the idea?

At first I felt the same but then I realised;

it probably won’t be as bad as Rivals considering we don’t have access to stuff like EMPs and shockwaves and such

At least, that’s the idea?
Perhaps this is true...

There was nothing worse though than the cop battles in rivals... just feeling as if the only way to rack up a good chase was to just drive round in circles and continuously drive through the repair shops.

... wow ... a new NfS ... great ...

A new, worthless arcade racer from a worthless publisher ... hurra ... exactly what the world needs ...

If there's no "305" Mention anywhere in the story (considering the obvious city).... It's doomed then :lol:

Ok seriously, I'm still not sold since ghost games' handling system is crap, until they repair it, I'm not sold tbh...

This thread just shows how divided people are over what they want in NFS... Not that it's their fault, I blame the franchise for constantly mutating to the point that it's just lost it's way. Every new game is a new identity crisis.

Maybe they'll appease everyone with Heat? Who knows, I have a feeling it'll just be another lukewarm attempt at trying to find some relevance. Hopefully I'm proven wrong though, some bits do already look promising.

The whole "race for money by day, race for reputation by night" thing sounds like it was borrowed directly from the Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift series, which used the same concept. Probably just coincidence given those are PS2-era, but still it caught my attention.

Not that I care too much though, because as soon as I saw "open world police chases" my interest level immediately shot down into the absolute negatives. I'd rather not spend any more time dealing with Sgt. Rubberband and his car outfitted with solid granite bumpers, magic afterburners and omnipresent psychic detection.

[...]same bad steering as payback its no buy for me.

Yeah, funny how some are saying the day scenes reminds them of Pro Street... Pro Street was received so badly, but I still think it beats all the recent ones. The handling was definitely better.

I wonder how they will f-up now. 2015 was always online, Payback had lootboxes...
What's gonna be the new trend? A new big game by EA is THE place to find out!

Yeah, funny how some are saying the day scenes reminds them of Pro Street... Pro Street was received so badly, but I still think it beats all the recent ones. The handling was definitely better.

I wonder how they will f-up now. 2015 was always online, Payback had lootboxes...
What's gonna be the new trend? A new big game by EA is THE place to find out!

Overpriced DLC? So far it is confirmed that there won't be loot box or microtransactions in it but paid post release content seems to be planned.

So, the digital deluxe Edition does not contain a season pass? You pay the fortune for 3 pre tuned cars and a 5% progression boost???
WOW, that's glorious (not)....

I like the trailer and I am the one guy who also liked both predecessors, so call me in.

Back