Need For Speed Payback Trailer Revealed, Releases November 10

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 127 comments
Whaaa?? A Regera?
Untitled.png

And the customization. :drool:

I'm not sure about this one. I was hoping for some street racing and a similar feel to the last game but just done better, this seems more like an action movie condensed down into a game with car modification thrown in. It's almost like it could be a Fast & Furious tie-in. Still, it could be a lot of fun, I'm interested in hearing more about it at E3.

Guys have a look on their pre order site.

https://www.ea.com/games/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-payback/buy

They can't be serious on making us have to buy the deluxe edition just to get the story.

It's more likely to be just a few extra story missions, at no point are they suggesting that you won't get the story in the main game.

Hoping for wheel support this time. Now looking forward to the car list and that wrecked car thingy. Looks like a fun game to me!

My full opinion:

First of all, it definitely looks like an interesting setting. All that action movie, Fast & Furious (4-8) like stuff, with a bit of The Crew (drag racing, offroad) mixed together... Is quite a package. I'm not entirely sure if it will pay off, for me at least. From the trailer, it doesn't feel like NFS for me. Sure, I really enjoyed Hot Pursuit and Undercover (although I was about 10 or 11 when I got NFS HP and I only played a bit of Undercover's story), but yeah. I'll see what comes up next until the release.

WIN AGAINST ALL ODDS

High-Stakes Competition

Get on a roll and win big with risk-versus-reward gameplay. The return of cop chases means the stakes have never been higher.

Live Out an Action-Driving Fantasy
Play through an explosive adventure as three distinct characters united by one common goal: revenge.

SCRAP TO STOCK TO SUPERCAR
Endlessly fine-tune your performance through each of the five distinct car classes (Race, Drift, Off-Road, Drag, and Runner) to turn the tables on the competitiion in any race, mission or challenge. Find abandoned vehicles scattered throughout the world to create your perfect car from the ground up. Collect, win or buy the hottest after-market parts and build out your perfect garage.

THE GARAGE
Coming soon: build unique rides with deeper performance and visual customization than ever before.

The Need for Speed™ Payback Deluxe Edition gives you an edge over the competition with up to 3 days of early access to the full game. Stand out from the crowd with exclusive customization items and receive in-game discounts, Rep bonuses, and five shipments to get your adventure started.

Also includes the upcoming Story Mission Pack and the Need for Speed™ Payback Platinum Car Pack.
Source

I guess shipments are referring to car prizes? Maybe when you win certain races, you get a "shipment" with a car from a certain class or something.

Wow! Not what I was expecting, that's for sure.

It makes sense they would go this route given the popularity of the F&F franchise right now. And I've said it before... They NEEDED to do something to set the NFS franchise apart from GT and Forza to avoid comparisons that are impossible to live up to.

If customization is at least as good as 2015, and the racing is better, then I welcome the addition of an actual story!

Excited to see more of this despite the problems NFS 2015 had, I'm hoping they add pink slip races, a much larger roster of cars and more customization options per car.

Back