NES (S3): Season 4 discussions etc

What should we do regarding the race start procedure?

• Change only the LMP race to rolling start

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • change both GT3 and LMP races to rolling start

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’d be happy to give my view / review incidents where neither myself or my team mate are involved in, if required for the future.

I also agree that incidents should be communicated privately, it doesn’t do anyone any good, least of all those who’ve worked hard organising this great series
Perhaps having an actual body of stewards would be a good idea, since I can't be trusted to be unbiased and impartial (apparently). For now I'd say myself and @steviea712 should be good enough.

Edit: Actually, a better idea would be to get everyone who has seen the incident via replay footage and who wasn't involved in the incident itself to contribute to a judgement.

Last edited:
Should prob say sorry to CJ since the incident was looked at and it wasn’t him who ended up hitting me turn 2 on I think L14. I initially thought it was him since his car did end up passing me and I didn’t look to see who hit me so the whole time I thought it was him.

When this season of the NES finishes, how many of you would be interested in taking part in a special 1 hour race around the Nürburgring 24h track? This would be a Gr.3/GT3 only special event.

It's raceday!

Thanks to everyone who participated in the recent poll. Rolling starts will be made for the Gr.1/LMP category only. I wish everyone a clean, safe but exciting race today! :D

Thanks to everyone who showed up today. We had some exciting racing, and less incidents than I would've thought. Have a safe flight to Japan! :D

1st: Steviea +25
2nd: Traels +18
3rd: Dirten +15
4th: OffApple +12
5th: Sniparator +10
6th: Nikos0399 +8
7th: JKLingas +6
DNF: CrazyJohn
DNF: Gagen

Fastest lap: Steviea +2 (1:36.207)
1st: Dirten +25
2nd: Sniparator +18
3rd: CrazyJohn +15
5th: Jermain +10
6th: Splurge +8

Fastest lap: CrazyJohn +2 (1:20.973)
Gr.3/GT3: Nikos0399. Lap 1. Turned in too early, hitting JKLingas into the wall, giving them damage. -3 points

Gr.3/GT3: Gagen. Lap 18. No action taken

Gr.3/GT3: Gagen. Lap 19. Held up Dirten under blue flags. Although not effecting the result, still dangerous. Strong warning

Gr.3/GT3: Nikos0399. Lap 22. Racing incident. No action taken

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who showed up for Round 4 at Suzuka! This post will be updated over time as new incident reports come through, and the judgements are made.

1st: Steviea +25
2nd: CrazyJohn +18
3rd: OffApple +15
4th: Dirten +12
5th: Sniparator +10
6th: JKLingas +8
7th: Traels +6
8th: TetsuKobura +4
9th: Gugas +2
10th: Jermain +1

Fastest Lap: Steviea +2 (1:58.543)
1st: Dirten +25
2nd: Sniparator +18
3rd: Splurge +15
5th: Jermain +10
DNF: Gugas
DNF: CrazyJohn

Fastest Lap: OffApple +2 (1:42.794)

Nothing reported at this time.

On a side note, I have 2 things I want your input on:

1: Is it about time that we host an open day to attract more LMP entries?

2: Should we prohibit 'countersteer assistance' or leave it optional for the sake of less experienced drivers?

Last edited:
I also have one thing I need some sort of input:

Don't you think some cars are overpowered? The PD BoP is broken, especially in the LMP class, as it favours the hybrid cars (ex. Porsche) a lot.

(Yes I know that the hybrid system is a big advantage but at least do something if possible?)

Last edited:
I alsp have one thing I need some sort of input:

Don't you think some cars are overpowered? The PD BoP is broken, especially in the LMP class, as it favours the hybrid cars (ex. Porsche) a lot.

(Yes I know that the hybrid system is a big advantage but at least do something if possible?)

Guess you'd need to take a good, long look at the Corvettes also?..

If the car of your choice is over 300kilos heavier and just 100BHP more powerful I can actually tell you why the Porsche are faster.

Without spreading any salt:
Next time try to find a decent car and don't drive that crap if you actually want to win.

Last edited:
No. The guys who drive the Vettes are really fast by nature.
Indeed they're super fast - i just think that the several second differences we're seeing on all the tracks we've driven on so far are a bit more than you'd expect - even when considering the high level of skill of both Traels and Steviea.

That said, i'd not advocate for any additional changes to the BoP, as i find it very hard to judge exactly how much is down to driver/car - plus, i think it'd be a shame to put stronger drivers at a real disadvantage, which would be something we'd at least have to be very aware of not doing. It would make the races more competitive, but it'd also just be unfair to those who get hit too hard. :)

If we do make any changes to the BoP for the LMP category, it would have to be for Season 4. Also @Sniparator the weight of the Audi VGT is significantly dropped by the BoP, so that's not the issue

If the car of your choice is over 300kilos heavier and just 100BHP more powerful I can actually tell you why the Porsche are faster.

Without spreading any salt:
Next time try to find a decent car and don't drive that crap if you actually want to win.
Next time try reading my posts more carefully.

I am not targetting just the Porsche but ALL of the hybrids. The Corvette is dominant just because of the guys driving it, it's not overpowered.

Also yes, this season has been a disaster for me, don't refer to my driving because I'm the only one able to change that.

You know your Audi VGT thingy is also hybrid so it should be op as well, applying to your theory. But I just see you spinning around on track and leaving the race in frustration. Maybe practicing more helps. Or stick with the R18 because it's a better car. Just sayin'
I kinda get bored about the complaints. Just 4 races to go, I think you can survive it.

@CrazyJohn

So any input on the things mentioned in post #165? The sooner I get it the better :D
Yeah, i'd like to see the option of using countersteer assist (CA) gone. I don't mind all the "real" assists that are available, they all come at some kind of price paid in speed. The CA is just a bending of the game's laws of physics, which in my opinion can potetially skewer the level playing field we all like to have. It also makes it possible for some cars to take turns at exaggerated speeds, giving them a later braking point, which, in turn, gives a higher chance of having unintetional punts where the car in front is just not able to brake late enough.

I know that a point to be made is, that some lesser experienced drivers use this to keep them on the road, but let's be frank for a minute here - it's not like people aren't having accidents anyway. We might also be in a situation where this is pointless to discuss, however, as we don't know who's using CA and who's not, i think this is a valid discussion to have. :)

Yes, the VGT is also OP but it suffers on stints, that's on me to correct that.

But the thing is its hybrid power pulls so much HP in a short range that it doesn't really help the car, unlike the R18, the 919 or the TS050.

Last edited:
I'm going to try and aim to host an NES open day this Saturday to see if we can boost the driver roster in the LMP category. It would be appreciated if some of the existing competitors take part too, as no one will feel inclined to join the lobby if it's just me by myself. This will be less structured than our typical racedays, but the race settings will be similar if not identical.

Edit: Sorry, but this has been cancelled

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for this, but I have cancelled the open day today. Been very busy and stressed out from various things in life, and I don't want to add to that. Sorry for another let down. Nothing should interfere with the races tomorrow though, so I hope to see you then

Latest Posts

Back