NeverGiveUp Garage: 530pp Seasonal - Ferrari GTO '84

I used this tune

Which is yours, great tune by the way 

:ouch: You know I'm going to have to go back now and give it another go.:odd: I think my driving ability is maxed out though.:crazy:
I was able to get a 1:28.4xx in the énfini RX-7 version I tuned for the current FITT challenge. It's more of a handful though.
Nothing quite like getting beaten with your own tune eh @Lionheart2113? :cheers: well done @RMan72 :cheers:👍
You're right... It's a mixed feeling seeing someone use your tune and drive it better than you!:lol:

:ouch: You know I'm going to have to go back now and give it another go.:odd: I think my driving ability is maxed out though.:crazy:
I was able to get a 1:28.4xx in the énfini RX-7 version I tuned for the current FITT challenge. It's more of a handful though.

You're right... It's a mixed feeling seeing someone use your tune and drive it better than you!:lol:
R2D2 strikes again.

I'm sure @RMan72 is hiding a CPU somewhere, glows in the dark or something like this :D

Ford Mustang Boss 302 '13
Base Tune
500pp
Used for...
A-Spec Seasonal

image.jpeg

image.png

Deep Forest/Reverse Lap Time: 1:23.2
Notes: Handles pretty well for this track and a lot of fun to drive. Tuned at GVS, it still shows signs of understeer at mid corner making it an all around "safe" car.

Chevrolet Camaro SS '10
Base Tune
500pp
Used for...
A-Spec Seasonal

image.jpeg

image.png

Deep Forest/Reverse Lap Time: 1:22.4
Notes: This car has Time Trial written all over it with its "Point & Shoot" approach. It can be a handful at times with oversteer, but trust the slide and the grip will follow. Besides, it's Bumble Bee and has a personality!

SRT Challenger SRT '08
Base Tune
500pp
Used for...
A-Spec Seasonal

image.jpeg

image.png

Deep Forest/Reverse Lap Time: 1:22.8
Notes: This particular setup can get a little on the loose side of the fence. If that doesn't fit your driving style you can adjust the ballast weight back to 0kg and reduce the Power Limiter to 89.2%. This will snug up the car on corner entry, but if pushed to the limits it will start sliding into the turn. It also changes the Max Power & Torque figures and drops both sets of RPMs by 100.
Running the 0 ballast weight setup @ Deep Forest/Reverse: 1:22.9 with more wear on the outside front. Still fun to drive and leaves more options for future Damper settings.
I personally like the loose setup... :dopey:

Ford Mustang Boss 302 '13
Base Tune
500pp
Used for...
A-Spec Seasonal

View attachment 534976
View attachment 534977

Deep Forest/Reverse Lap Time: 1:23.2
Notes: Handles pretty well for this track and a lot of fun to drive. Tuned at GVS, it still shows signs of understeer at mid corner making it an all around "safe" car.

Used this for the same seasonal.
Easy winner.
I've pulled out a 1'22"146 with it.
What value did you enter for the final gear (in your layout the TBD value) ?
Mine was 3.100.

Used this for the same seasonal.
Easy winner.
I've pulled out a 1'22"146 with it.
What value did you enter for the final gear (in your layout the TBD value) ?
Mine was 3.100.
I left the Final at 2.900 for a top speed of 155mph at redline untouched from GVS. Your setting of 3.100 would be better all around for that track. Great time with it as well almost breaking into the 1:21's.👍 I had such a blast driving this car, I really didn't mind the push at mid corner because I was smiling the whole time.

FITT Heart and Seoul Challenge

My entry for this challenge on the tight and twisty track of Autumn Ring Reverse.
IMG_5609.JPG

IMG_5605.PNG

It's a fun car to drive with a very soft and lazy suspension designed to eat rumble strips without upsetting it too much. "Most" of the understeer is gone, but that can lead to the rear stepping out. That's ok, it helps with rotation!:dopey:

Results

Have fun and enjoy!:cheers:

FITT Heart and Seoul Challenge

My entry for this challenge on the tight and twisty track of Autumn Ring Reverse.
View attachment 593588
View attachment 593589

It's a fun car to drive with a very soft and lazy suspension designed to eat rumble strips without upsetting it too much. "Most" of the understeer is gone, but that can lead to the rear stepping out. That's ok, it helps with rotation!:dopey:

Results

Have fun and enjoy!:cheers:
Congratulations on taking the top step of the podium in both categories.

Congratulations on taking the top step of the podium in both categories.
Cheers for that.👍 It was a great little challenge, and hats off to those who took on the Spirra. I've only gotten a base tune for one so far, but I can't seem to progress with it. Putting that one on the shelf for a bit and decided to tackle the GT40 Mark I '66 for the Trial Mountain seasonal.

Used for this seasonal

550PP Pre 1980 American Cars Super Lap: Trial Mountian

Apologies for it being an unfinished tune, but with things going on with work, I don't think I'll have a lot of time to tweak it before the Seasonal is over. I've managed a 1:30.214 before putting it back in the shop.:dopey:
IMG_5637.JPG

IMG_5644.JPG

It can still be a monster when applying the throttle, but with a few adjustments to Dampers and ARBs, it can feel more stable.
Have fun and enjoy!
:cheers:

Edit: Just noticed that the P/W ratio was incorrect. Either I need to make it yellow w/ red lettering or make excel do the math for me.:dunce:

Last edited:
Used for this seasonal

Apologies for it being an unfinished tune, but with things going on with work, I don't think I'll have a lot of time to tweak it before the Seasonal is over. I've managed a 1:30.214 before putting it back in the shop.:dopey:
View attachment 594198
View attachment 594199

It can still be a monster when applying the throttle, but with a few adjustments to Dampers and ARBs, it can feel more stable.
Have fun and enjoy!
I will test your tune when I get a chance over the next few days 👍.

Used for this seasonal

View attachment 594198
View attachment 594282

Have fun and enjoy!

Edit: Just noticed that the P/W ratio was incorrect. Either I need to make it yellow w/ red lettering or make excel do the math for me.:dunce:
This is way to loose for me at the rear end of the car, even when I make changes to the suspension its rear end still wants to go around, so I go back to @shaunm80 tune, at lease @shaunm80 tune I can get a lap in and sorry Lionheart2113 your tune did not work out.

This is way to loose for me at the rear end of the car, even when I make changes to the suspension its rear end still wants to go around, so I go back to @shaunm80 tune, at lease @shaunm80 tune I can get a lap in and sorry Lionheart2113 your tune did not work out.
It is unfinished and as raw as you can get... trying to keep the higher P/W ratio doesn't give me the opportunity to strap a dead body to the hood to make it more balanced.:lol: I too struggled with changing settings. Everything I tried either hurt the car dropping lap times, or helped the car but still hurt lap times. I also ran into the scenario where my first lap was the fastest and I spent laps 2-5 losing time to the ghost, that's a red flag saying that something isn't right.
This is where I left it as of last weekend...
IMG_5645.JPG

I lost 3 tenths with this setup, but was more consistent lap after lap. This weekend I'm going to try shifting the weight around. Sorry to hear it was not for you. Next time I'll put a warning label on it!:cheers:

It is unfinished and as raw as you can get... trying to keep the higher P/W ratio doesn't give me the opportunity to strap a dead body to the hood to make it more balanced.:lol: I too struggled with changing settings. Everything I tried either hurt the car dropping lap times, or helped the car but still hurt lap times. I also ran into the scenario where my first lap was the fastest and I spent laps 2-5 losing time to the ghost, that's a red flag saying that something isn't right.
This is where I left it as of last weekend...
View attachment 595400
I lost 3 tenths with this setup, but was more consistent lap after lap. This weekend I'm going to try shifting the weight around. Sorry to hear it was not for you. Next time I'll put a warning label on it!:cheers:
A warning label is a good idea 👍.

Even though the unfinished version from last weekend showed some speed (1st lap on video 1:30.214), it loved to come unhinged if not driven to its lines. After figuring out what it's major problem was, only a few tweeks needed to be made. The 2nd lap on the video (1:29.419) is after giving the car "a damn good thrashing" -Fawlty Towers

My finished version of the Ford GT40 Mark I 15th Anniversary Edition '66 used in the Pre 1980 American Super Cars @ Trial Mountain. At the time of this post, it has me currently ranked 144th... but the fastest Anniversary Edition GT40 on the list.:dopey:

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5
Grip set to Real
DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

IMG_5653.jpg

Have fun and enjoy!👍

My finished version of the Ford GT40 Mark I 15th Anniversary Edition '66 used in the Pre 1980 American Super Cars @ Trial Mountain. At the time of this post, it has me currently ranked 144th... but the fastest Anniversary Edition GT40 on the list.:dopey:

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5
Grip set to Real
DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

View attachment 596907

Have fun and enjoy!👍
She handles very well :bowdown:Lionheart2113, I am keeping this setup and it only took me 3 laps to get this time on my other PS3 account, I think once I get my lines right I will be in the 1:29s thank you :)👍.
My Great Capture Screenshot 2016-10-18 17-41-15.png

She handles very well :bowdown:Lionheart2113, I am keeping this setup and it only took me 3 laps to get this time on my other PS3 account, I think once I get my lines right I will be in the 1:29s thank you :)👍.
View attachment 598047
That is awesome, but I should be thanking you for making me rethink my tuning approach on this one. Without what you said, I would have left it in my garage as it was!👍

1:30.160 with your tune now :cheers:, I know I can get in the 1:29s but when I take risks I come undone but I am happy with that time and thanks friend :):cheers:.
Breaking into the 20's was tough for me as well. I spent several laps gaining here, but losing there.:banghead: Once I did, the tenths gained seemed to appear out of nowhere. Before I knew it, I had tied the fastest lap (29.477) for the Anniv Ed yet it showed my name under theirs...I couldn't have that:mischievous: 20 more hell raising laps to gain .05!:lol:

600pp Tommykaira ZZII '00
Deep Forest Seasonal
Base Tune

IMG_5704.PNG

With its high RPM range and low final, this beast can be a handful if not driven on the limit. Although I haven't used it on a track other than Deep Forest, it should be a good starting point for tracks with the same top speed...and if you enjoy riding on the edge.:mischievous:
I will be posting the "dark side" tune later this week. I only call it that because it exploits most of the 4WD tricks to get the rear to rotate, even after putting on a spoiler.
As always, if you find a tweek or two that helps you, please share.
Have fun and enjoy!👍

Edit: Corrected P/W ratio

Last edited:
600pp Tommykaira ZZII '00
Deep Forest Seasonal
Base Tune

View attachment 612178

With its high RPM range and low final, this beast can be a handful if not driven on the limit. Although I haven't used it on a track other than Deep Forest, it should be a good starting point for tracks with the same top speed...and if you enjoy riding on the edge.:mischievous:
I will be posting the "dark side" tune later this week. I only call it that because it exploits most of the 4WD tricks to get the rear to rotate, even after putting on a spoiler.
As always, if you find a tweek or two that helps you, please share.
Have fun and enjoy!👍

When I have a moment next week or next Friday, I would be happy to try your ZZII. Because at the FITT Italian Power & Fame, your Ferrari SP1 made me feel very strong.
And I'd be happy to try this one.

Not sure I'm pressuring you but now in the 1:14's with my trusty R8. Edging closer one tenth at a time.

Good time with the ZZII :bowdown:
I saw you jump right behind me on the leaderboard.:nervous: I didn't think that kind of lap time was possible in an R8 by us button smashers!:lol: Very nicely done.:bowdown:

I'll be posting a new tune for the ZZII later this weekend, care to share your R8 tune?

Back