New Gran Turismo 5 footage from AGS! 4 minutes !

  • Thread starter Thread starter Micxster
  • 128 comments
  • 11,154 views
Wait til it's released then you will see some bitchin lol.
 
@cjmodiano: Because of the R3 tires.

I don't think so, that's too easy of an excuse. The car's handling in that movie was way way too uneventful. We have "R" tires in the TT demo, and the car requires a lot more care to drive than what I just saw in that video. I also saw in the related section an onboard video from the SLS too, and it was the same thing. I don't know what the physics settings were there, but it was set to pro for the Ferrari vid, and the physics just looked poor. Has anybody here played that demo? Is it old physics? The TT demo got me a bit excited for GT5 again, even though it's still not up to the standards of the best computer sims out there (but that's okay, cuz GT has like 43,000 cars), but I hope I won't be disappointed when the actual final product comes out.
 
Some of you really need to get out more if a shifting animation in GT5 can give you an aneurysm. I came to watch the video, not read the senseless bitching by people who own nothing more than an old beat up honda civic cuz they think they know how to drive a ferrari based on their experience in need for speed.💡
What the hell are you talking about?? It's pretty noticeable as it's done so poorly and slowly that it feels like someone gave a ferrari to a retard for a spin and he has major trouble hitting those pedals, almost 1/3 of the lap his hands are off the wheel!!:scared: If that's fine by you, ok, stop posting here(where criticism is allowed) and just wait for the game to come somewhere else. 👎
I understand your opinion, and I too would like a more animations for different hand positions on the wheel. It isn't ideal, but there's no (realistic) way PD could accurately animate the gear change, and still account for sudden wheel direction change, without complicated multiple animations. It's either this, or keep the hands fixed, and hitting imaginary paddles as in the SHIFT video posted before, which in my opinion is far, far worse!
Fixing things takes work, which equates to time, which equates to..... waiting! I'll give you a break, but I'm sure there's much to be done that is higher on the priority list. As for your preference for imaginary paddles... :D
I think sometimes people expect far too much from a videogame, which unlike real life, have a finite number of fixed scripts/actions. Just as there's no way to get around the manual shift lag in GT5P, there isn't a (viable) way to get around this. Get over it, move on!

Look, that flaw in nfs was hardly noticeable, whereas I've just described up there how I feel about the one in GT...the point is, if you're insisting on perfection(PD) and doing the cockpit practically flawless, than this kind of thing really sticks out like a errr something that really sticks out!;)...and that's the only view(in my view:P) worth playing from, so I expect it to be done properly! And btw. the game's been in the works for 5 years, it's not like they're doing the basic animation a month before it goes gold, get it?
It should've been done already, or that's just an old build we're seeing(I hope)...
 
Same annoying tyres sound, huge impact at high speed and no damage at all and a senseless shifting animation.

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Thanks for sharing Micxster. Nice video, some good action. I love how he got spinned out by an AI. Finally no more bumper cars, but proper collisions. It's about time.

That was cool. 👍

Because the paddles on the Driving Force GT are pretty bad. :p

I don't have any issues with mine. :confused:

Pd have stuffed up there. The sad thing is, that probably took longer to design then just the driver flicking with his fingers like with the f2007 in GT5:P

...............

Again, everything is explained perfectly there, no need for further explanation.

👍
 
Did anyone read the comments after the u tube vid where he posted how dumb the AI is, even crashing into him as they went to pit.
I really hope the AI is sorted for this game no point in having the best physics if all the competion are lemons lol.
 
Once again, silly Americans are talking about graphics. You guys decide, graphics (damage, trees, interior) more important than racing (physics, speed perception, event difficulty/structure, general "feel").

Whatever you decide, please don't pollute Japan with your ideas.
 
^They have Forza for their ideas!!
 
Once again, silly Americans are talking about graphics. You guys decide, graphics (damage, trees, interior) more important than racing (physics, speed perception, event difficulty/structure, general "feel").

Whatever you decide, please don't pollute Japan with your ideas.

I thought PD always prided themselves on graphics car models etc.
 
In all seriousness haven't pd already almost perfected the graphics or is that still not enough for some.
 
Once again, silly Americans are talking about graphics. You guys decide, graphics (damage, trees, interior) more important than racing (physics, speed perception, event difficulty/structure, general "feel").

Whatever you decide, please don't pollute Japan with your ideas.

Don't generalize.

I think the graphics are beyond "ok". I care more about the customization and driving side of the game. If I can purchase, modify, tune and do some hot laps in my favorite Turbo II RX-7 for a couple hours after work, I'm more than satisfied.
 
Just my two cents, but...

I don't think stuff like gear shift hand movements etc are pre-animated, assuming the cock-pits are actually rendered in 3D.. which I guess they are.

I would imagine (and this is just supposition), each car interior has certain points (X,Y,Z co-ordinates).. eg:
A) hand postion when wheel is at 12 o'clock
B) hand postion for upshifts
C) hand position for downshifts

Then you create one piece of code that moves the arm and hand in a realistic(ish) fashion, so when you hit the downshift button on your controller, the game goes ExecuteDownshift(A,XYZ to C,XYZ). Granted, that might be 1000 lines of code to take into account the directions that arms can and cant bend, and that things like steering wheels might get in the way... but it still less work than having ~5 pre-coded movements for every one of the 1000 cars!
 
I have a feeling once the game comes out were gonna hear a lot of whining about stupid AI spinning you out for no reason.
 
AI screwing you over all adds to the realism of racing imo. Not in the sense that in a real race the other drivers will bump into you foolishly, but in the sense that there are many "factors" in a race environment (such as concentration, mentality, emotions, road conditions, cockpit temperature, blinding glare). Many people mention weather conditions, so along with "foolish AI screwing you over", it's something you must master to get around which makes the game more complex thus more fun.

It's a different world in GT, it's not real life, one must understand that. The physics and graphics in GT are ones that exist in the GT world, with some can compare as pretty accurate to the real world, though this notion is irrelevant because once the game starts, you are in the GT world.

It's way different how Japanese people see technology. They can create realms which are unrealistic comparing to the real world, but within their technological realms (Games, anime, etc), all the physics factors work to complete a very realistic game world.

That's just the way I see it.
 
Last edited:
I can just imagine the fury as people drive with manual gears and stare in horror as the driver animates his hand despite you being several seconds off changing a gear because you want to hold the revs. Must be terrible for you.

👍 The amount of nit picking over hand animations in an off screen video of an unreleased demo is getting...

wait for it...

out of hand.

PD actually adjusted the shifting animation because of fixed paddles. Like it or not, that's attention to detail!
 
Last edited:
AI screwing you over doesn't equate to realism if all they are doing is religously following a predetermind path. That is a game breaker for me AI improvements must be included in this release.
 
AI screwing you over doesn't equate to realism if all they are doing is religously following a predetermind path. That is a game breaker for me AI improvements must be included in this release.

Try racing online with a bunch of strangers, then come here and tell me the A.I are dumb, I dare you............
 
I don't think so, that's too easy of an excuse. The car's handling in that movie was way way too uneventful. We have "R" tires in the TT demo, and the car requires a lot more care to drive than what I just saw in that video. I also saw in the related section an onboard video from the SLS too, and it was the same thing. I don't know what the physics settings were there, but it was set to pro for the Ferrari vid, and the physics just looked poor. Has anybody here played that demo? Is it old physics? The TT demo got me a bit excited for GT5 again, even though it's still not up to the standards of the best computer sims out there (but that's okay, cuz GT has like 43,000 cars), but I hope I won't be disappointed when the actual final product comes out.

We have R1 tyres in the demo, he used R3 (which means qualifiers).
 
Try racing online with a bunch of strangers, then come here and tell me the A.I are dumb, I dare you............

Exactly my point if you can't race decent online and offline is just as bad!!!!!!!
 
Exactly my point if you can't race decent online and offline is just as bad!!!!!!!
Really? REEEAAlly?

What happened to "learning how to drive"? Oh I forgot, the A.I. is only good if it gets out of your way when you try to pass, slow down when you suck, and doesn't ever crash into you cuz you braked at 100mph 2 inches in front of them.
 
I get a feeling most people that are complaining about the new physics being crap just might not have gotten the hang of it, maybe they are pro's in other games or even GT5P, but any new GT always has a rather steep learning curve 2-3 days to a week at least, considering its a whole new physics model it should take about the same amount of time if not more.
 
Really? REEEAAlly?

What happened to "learning how to drive"? Oh I forgot, the A.I. is only good if it gets out of your way when you try to pass, slow down when you suck, and doesn't ever crash into you cuz you braked at 100mph 2 inches in front of them.

No need to get personal by saying I suck. You Know nothing about my driving capabilitys or my track etiquette. I was merely pointing out what the u tube poster said regarding the AI. If I have to come off the recomended optimal line to pass AI, I will. I just want the AI to come off it's line to pass me.
It would also be nice to see the AI make realistic mistakes too in my opinion.



Oh and If I need to brake at 100 mph and the AI is 2 inches behind that's his look out.
 
Last edited:
Why complain so much about shifting animations. Is still much better than this.



Sure, the animations could have been better but I would rather see that PD spend time on other stuff.
 
we are not comparing with forza 3..we are comparing GT quality.
 
^ hahaha :lol: I hope that type of animation never comes to GT5.
 
I think its a good sign that all people can complain about is hand animations :lol:
 
Back