New GT4 Details...

• Thread starter Vette_Pro
  • 6 comments
IGN PS2 posted some possible details about Gran Turismo 4. From what they said, it looks like the game will turn out to be everything we want it to be:) Too bad it isnt due for 2(!) years:(

I just saw this and was about to post a thread....
Man 2 years is such a long wait... hopefully there will be a few Gran tourismo clones to tide us over...
(Gran Tourismo Concept, Auto Modelista, Sega GT 2002...)

:(

March 11, 2002 - Speaking at Toyota's Amlux Tokyo center this weekend, where a special Toyota-only Gran Turismo game debuted, series director Kazunori Yamauchi dropped more than a few hints about the future of Sony's millions-selling racing series, as reported by Impress Game Watch.
The fourth Gran Turismo, he said, is due for completion in about two years, and should feature a great many features besides the oft-discussed network battle. Expanded modifications to the styling, color, and exterior of cars are to be expected, some of them possibly downloadable from Sony's broadband network, as well as much more supplemental information about each model. More ambitious courses are in planning stages as well, with the winding roads along the Mediterranean Sea being one example. Yamauchi also said he would like to include more old, classic cars, with authentic sound and handling.

Check back in the middling to far future for more GT4 updates -- two years is going to be a long time to wait. The end result, however, should be worth it.

Well, I see no mention of customized tracks. It is worthless to me! (: No, seriously, it should be pretty cool. Maybe they'll actually spell check this one too.

~LoudMusic

Back