New Release Date Discussion

• Thread starter sUn
  • 1,153 comments
Oh well, my copy was supposed to be in stores November 3...ha...ha. :)
I can't believe GT2 Version 1.0.....grumble.... :grumpy:
It has now erased my garage TWICE, because of the ******* buggy 1000m test... The second time around, I started a comprehensive history of American autos in the game by production year, and got up to the GT90 and the Vectors!!! All gone :guilty:. Never buy used games, boys and girls.
I called Gamestop another time, and now they tell me January 11th. Yeah, right.

flamingwonky
Oh well, my copy was supposed to be in stores November 3...ha...ha. :)
I can't believe GT2 Version 1.0.....grumble.... :grumpy:
It has now erased my garage TWICE, because of the ******* buggy 1000m test... The second time around, I started a comprehensive history of American autos in the game by production year, and got up to the GT90 and the Vectors!!! All gone :guilty:. Never buy used games, boys and girls.
I called Gamestop another time, and now they tell me January 11th. Yeah, right.

hows this, when that happens DON'T SAVE THE GAME!! restart the ps and all your cars will still be there.

Minnesota01R6
I;m not calling you a liar, but do you have proof?

The only games I've seen released at below $50 are the totally crappy games that even the developer knows can't in good conscience be sold for $50. I sure hope that's not true for this game.

ESPN football 2k5 was only $20 and it was pretty good. SO was Sega GT for xbox.

I'm prolly the only one left hoping for another delay for the PAL version. The only chance for an integrated Online option is another 3 to 6 months space for incorporating that to make it really the complete game it was meant to be.

And I would give a rats ass if it was delayed for that reason again, since there is plenty left to play and one get's used to delays ...

Since I read KY interview mentioning that the Asian or Korean version could have the online option in it right away, I was hoping this would count for the PAL release too. I would really hate it when a separate Online version would come out a month or 3 after the original release, making me buy the game twice. Just make the game complete, instead of making 10 different versions. Doesn't matter when it comes out, it will be best racing game ever by years and years until GT5, so they won't have to fear competition.

sukerkin
I think someones upset the boys over at PD LOL - this is from http://www.dvdboxoffice.com/start.asp?class=gme&path=gme&id=8F8816F1-F767-4F2E-A7B8-4FD41B5FF836&wh=MAIN&rate=CAD++%2D1%2E000+++++&tag=mvinav :

Manufacturer: Sony
Arrival: Sunday, January 01, 2006
Rating: ESRBE ESRB Everyone
Region: 1 Region One - North America
Product #: 90041349
UPC: 711719732822
Product Code: Sony PlayStation 2

Ulp!! 2006 :eek:!!!!

------------------
Asphalt Kannibals
Did somebody mention TVR's?

Nah, thats probably just some speculation from that website or a typo. Why would PD skip over a 2005 Holiday? Anyways, since the Japan release has been confirmed (atleast i think) for the 28 of December, just 10 days away, isnt there a good chance it will be in the US in Jan. They cant be delaying it to fix anything in the game because the japanese version is complete.

senal12
Anyways, since the Japan release has been confirmed (atleast i think) for the 28 of December, just 10 days away, isnt there a good chance it will be in the US in Jan. They cant be delaying it to fix anything in the game because the japanese version is complete.
It has never been very productive to speculate about what SONY/PD will or won't do and why.

Cheers,

MasterGT

senal12
Nah, thats probably just some speculation from that website or a typo. Why would PD skip over a 2005 Holiday? Anyways, since the Japan release has been confirmed (atleast i think) for the 28 of December, just 10 days away, isnt there a good chance it will be in the US in Jan. They cant be delaying it to fix anything in the game because the japanese version is complete.

:lol:

All I know is that Amazon.com has sites in the US, UK, and Japan. I'm chipping my PS2 because there is no way I'm waiting until March for this if it is available elsewhere sooner. One of my friends bought a Japanese PS2 for the same reason.

The side benefit to chipping is that us poor saps in the US get boned on so many good racing games that are available elsewhere, but not here for the PS2. (WRC2004, the new Colin McRae, etc). Regionalization is such rubbish.

What I don't understand is how the Japanese release was supposed to be scheduled for like Dec. 3 with the US version coming out on the 14th. But then when it got delayed again, the Japanese version got delayed about 25 days to the 28th while the US version got delayed a whopping 2-3 months.

FuryX21
What I don't understand is how the Japanese release was supposed to be scheduled for like Dec. 3 with the US version coming out on the 14th. But then when it got delayed again, the Japanese version got delayed about 25 days to the 28th while the US version got delayed a whopping 2-3 months.
Actually our Dec 14th date was uncomfirmed. Kaz said at TGS that PD would like to get GT4 to US/NTSC shores before christmas.

i've been looking around...and been seeing like 5 (more like 2...lol) different due dates for gt4.....is there really a due date??? or are the Japanese sorta still making the game??

jamaican
i've been looking around...and been seeing like 5 (more like 2...lol) different due dates for gt4.....is there really a due date??? or are the Japanese sorta still making the game??

I think it's safe to say the game is finished now. SCEJ is still sticking to the confirmed Japanese release on Dec 28th, which is only ten days away. Which means the game has to be in manufacturing right now. Which means they can't still be working on it.

There is no confirmed American release date.

Jedi2016
Interesting idea, but I fail to see how one forum member could have inside information that even the distributors don't have....

my friend works at SCEA, but he works at the online gaming department, so couldnt leak me a copy of GT4 >.< but i have see him play non-public beta of FFXI

distributors dont even get any kind of inside information unless sony discloses to them.

basically by the time distributor knows, its not even secret anymore.

Okay, that spells it out pretty clearly... you're under the impression that the American delay is because they're going to go ahead and add online, hence the extra 2-3 months in addition to the Japanese delay. Which is funny, because the 2-3 months hasn't been confirmed. For all we know, it might be out on New Year's Day, which would still be "Q1 2005".

We've heard that theory before, usually from the online fanboys. I find this HIGHLY unlikely, but time will tell.

Back