New Release Date Discussion

• Thread starter sUn
  • 1,153 comments
Were you a wwf fan, Wheellift? If you weren't, I'll quote the very useful words of Stone Cold Steve Austin: "D.T.A. Don't Trust Anybody." But trust sony. And when they give an exact date, don't take it to seriously. Everybody is spreading rumors about the release date.

That's quite funny actually because when i read the first word of your post Smoke i thought 'He shouldn't have said where, he should have said were'. And then you get to the end and you write 'Or should i say where'. Nope.

donbenni
That's quite funny actually because when i read the first word of your post Smoke i thought 'He shouldn't have said where, he should have said were'. And then you get to the end and you write 'Or should i say where'. Nope.

I didn't notice that until now (lol)! Thanks for pointing that out. I'll edit that.

a lot of people are whining way to much over the release date. on the sony website the tentative release date for the race pack is december 28th. if you really are going to complain so much, then just fork over the extra dough and get the race pack for the japanese market (includes japanese console and game). for those of you who cant afford it, like me, then too bad too sad.

i too would like for the US release to be before next year. but like i said if you cant wait, then start looking for a source for the japan race pack.

I don't think so. If it was, (and someone correct me if i'm wrong) there would be no need for a "japanese version" or an "american version." Other than the front cover shot and language, I see no difference.

No, there is difference in TV format (you can't play PAL DVD on NTSC PS2 by default).

And NTSC-J version of Japanese GT4Demo had English menus and mile/meteric sistem option.....

Well the wait is absurd, I'll agree, but what the hell, right guys? You're not members on a GT fan site if you didn't think this was the best game ever. It's coming out, someday :ill:
The stuff about disfunctioning GTA is pretty scary.... My friend has it and has played it for 3 weeks, and haven't experienced anything. I'm going to purchase myself a PS2 for Christmas, and I'm thinking about getting the PSTwo for all my troubles... Comes bundles with two controllers and memory card for $200. Worth it? You tell me.
My venerable PSone has easily clocked a thousand hours, and works fine. However, I do get the laser sliding side to side at every GT2 menu, parlicularly EVERY SINGLE tuning menu screen. It bothers me.
Anyways I wouldn't trust internet sites, gaming magazines, or retailers until an official date has been made. Politically it would be wise to announce loud and clear if it's firm, but the silence from Sony means that the date is pretty mushy. If Jedi is correct (great posts btw), this may be due to manufacturing problems in Japan....but who knows?)

I agree. The wait has been very long but here's one of my favorite sayings: "Good things come to those who wait" . In this case we HAVE to wait. All of the rumors about not only GT's release date, but the reason why gets me even more interested in what Sony and PD's doing to the game behind closed doors in this very interesting situation. Anything might be happening to that game.

Drifter7, are you a new member? If you are, alot of people (including me) will tell you that you should not trust your local game stores for release dates. All sorts of Rumors that are not only about the date, but the reason of the setback are being spread. So the only people that you should trust are PD and Kazunori Yamauchi for release dates. Besides, they're the ones who are making the game anyway.

i was just in best buy today(united states) and the new GT4 reservation card said January 19th 2005. Since the card was just put on the shelf this week maybe this is a little bit more accurate? I hope it is. but if it does come out december 28th in japan then why would it take so long to come to the united states.

I don't know the exact reason so i'll leave that up to someone who does know exactly why, but one reason is because of shipping. The games are originally made in japan, and the language translation and the shipping to the us has to be done.

I've said it before, and I'm stickin by it... the longer I wait, the higher my expectations are.

Jeez - how long have we been waiting now? It's not like I'm *NOT* going to get the game in protest or something like that... just gettin frustrated with the wait. It's sad really that a game has this much power over me. :)

I called the local gamestop and they said January 03, 2005.

They are trustworthy, as they got Madden 2 days before everybody, even though I had to wait almost till midnight for my copy

As anyone who has gone through the 50+ delays (according to retailers) will tell you, DO NOT BELIEVE THE GUESSING GAME THE RETAILERS PLAY. When sony announces the official release date, it will be posted on IGN, Gamespot, or some other game site in the official press release words of sony. Untill then, anything is just a guess.

Trustworthy and accurate are two different things.

PEOPLE listen buds! Polyphony will release the game when ready! u want a good game or not? Damn dont be to curious please....cant help it ok?

Peace,
Rem

remmahegdels
PEOPLE listen buds! Polyphony will release the game when ready! u want a good game or not? Damn dont be to curious please....cant help it ok?

Peace,
Rem

Never a truer word spoken. Its only down to manufacturing probs anyway (apparently ). As soon as the japanese get theirs on the 28th, our versions will quickly follow.
Chill dudes.

Minnesota01R6
As anyone who has gone through the 50+ delays (according to retailers) will tell you, DO NOT BELIEVE THE GUESSING GAME THE RETAILERS PLAY. When sony announces the official release date, it will be posted on IGN, Gamespot, or some other game site in the official press release words of sony. Untill then, anything is just a guess.

Trustworthy and accurate are two different things.

Agreed. Would you believer me if I said that a friend of mine saw a Prosche 911 (996) Turbo in my home city, Detroit, and I got this info from him/her? possible, but you would need proof, right? Maybe a picture or two? Same thing with the release date.
The point is you can't really believe what other people say on the net because you would need a reliable source, and these gaming stores aren't "good friends" when it comes to knowing what other game publishers have said about sensitive subjects like estimated release dates. They couldn't have gotten a true date when sony hasn't even released one. Sony and PD are the sources, The friends are the gaming stores and magazine web sites. The Porsche 911 is GT4. There's a good analogy. :)

Thanks for explaining that analogy in so much detail smoke! lol.

but seriously, the release date is when PD/sony say it is. Period. I for one think this thread should be closed so that when the ACTUAL release date is announced, it isn't on page 59 of this thread.

pimp racer
:lol: no ViperGTSR01 its December 24 2005.

No, no, no. They can't release in time for Christmas. All the little boys and girls have to cry and be mad at Santa for not making it come out. :P :lol:

For those of you who actually think it is coming out in Feb. I just laugh. This will show you why I laugh. About every week or 2 the EB Games date for GT4 gets moved a day or 2. Last week it was 2/14/05 now it is 2/22/05. :lol: I am sure the date will change to March sometime in the next month or so.

EB told me today march 1st, not that I take much notice becasue they have no clue.

Minnesota01R6
Thanks for explaining that analogy in so much detail smoke! lol.

but seriously, the release date is when PD/sony say it is. Period. I for one think this thread should be closed so that when the ACTUAL release date is announced, it isn't on page 59 of this thread.

Your welcome. :D Seriously, though, I actually saw a Porsche 911 Turbo in Detroit. I was going to a wedding party when It passed us on the Cross Street. It was purple, and was the newest model, the 996. Very cool experience.

Acually, the offical Japanese release date is December 28, 2004. When it was the 3rd, the american release date was the 14, so the Japanese and American release dates are 11 days apart. So now that the offical date for Japan is December 28, then the American release date should be between January 4 2005 to January 11 2005.

Also.... THERE IS NO OFFICAL AMERICAN RELEASE DATE!

Back