New seasonal, Real Circuit Tours

• Thread starter simpleskin
  • 259 comments
GT-R SpecV '09

2nd place @ 8'09.xxx :(

Edit: now 8'07.xxx, still a long way from first.

Last edited:
Anyone close to beating the 'ring race in a street car?

I can get within about 16 sec with the Mine's R34 on racing softs. (8'19.xxx)

For beating the C9 you need a 8'00
If the 88CV is on pole you need a 7'44

I used a slightly tuned GT500 (622PP) car on RH´s and pulled a 8'04.

raVer

you guys remember when seasonal races first came out? The prizes were like 1,000,000 Cr and like 100,000 xp, those were the days :)

you guys remember when seasonal races first came out? The prizes were like 1,000,000 Cr and like 100,000 xp, those were the days :)

They were payed once and then forgotten ;)

race the 24h ring race 2times ad you get the same if not more :)

raVer

Yes, I also remember when the programmers made them a challenge, so that I didn't have to try and "find" the right level of car to use by doing the event over and over with different types of car. :grumpy:

i nearly made every seasonals with abs off. the most hard is le sarthe in ferrariseasonal.
to have fun, choose a car with the less PP in the list, than put abs off and have a good time...

I've been forcing myself to use 0 ABS lately, you can feel the car so much better...and trail braking is nice :D

Thanks for the new seasonals PD!

I've been forcing myself to use 0 ABS lately, you can feel the car so much better...and trail braking is nice :D

Thanks for the new seasonals PD!

What braking balance and what controller are you using?

With the ABS off on cars with racing tires and much downforce that have to be used on this seasonal race I find that even by setting the front braking power to 10, you still have to press the brake pedal almost all the way down to lock front tires (and therefore being sure of having enough braking power for the shortest braking distance) at high speeds.

Using my Minolta. (First time in it). Monza And 'Seca were a sinch. Fuji is kickin me, but its all in my tune. Still under the hood...

What braking balance and what controller are you using?

With the ABS off on cars with racing tires and much downforce that have to be used on this seasonal race I find that even by setting the front braking power to 10, you still have to press the brake pedal almost all the way down to lock front tires (and therefore being sure of having enough braking power for the shortest braking distance) at high speeds.

in normal car with sport tyres i used 3 front 1 rear,
with race tyre depends on car, super gt i use 4-1. in this last seasonal with pescarolo i used 6-2 and i could press harder the brake than usually..

this seasonal is again to easy :/ no problem to win with a C60 Hybride or 767. the only challenge is again "what ****** car is good enuff to win"....

Try with pagani zonda r, furai or corvette rm. Racing hard. Assist all off except abs1.
Shld have a hard and fun time. I hardly made it with race soft. If u find that easy, u could be just too good. Let us know how low a pp u can go.

Here is my thing. I like the Ring for my personal time trials, not the chase-the-rabbit format of the seasonals. I can see how the barge-your-way-past, wheel-in-the-grass aspect of Nurburgring could be fun, but by my count, the Ring has shown up, what, 4 times now? First, NASCAR, then the Subaru event, then British Lightweights and now again for the Real Circuit Tour. But I don't think we've ever seen Fuji GT, Circuit de la Sarthe no chicane, Monza no chicane or SS Route 7. Nor have we seen a wet course as of yet. I'm in favor of more diversity, not less. All these tracks took hard work to make, let's not relegate a whole bunch to practice mode...

Disclaimer: I'm not a GT5 hater or an anti-Ring person.

I totally agree, but I'm actually starting to become an anti-Ring person... It's usually good fun, but this event is just killing me. I'm using the Minolta--one of, if not THE best cars available for the race--and have only managed 3rd (if lucky) in the past 3-4 hours. Not to mention it's fully tuned... So I get from last to 5th within the first minute or so, but for the rest of the track it's nothing but eating grass and slamming into walls. I mean I had less trouble with the last Expert Challenge seasonal. :banghead:

I love this new Seasonal and I have only driven the Nurb 24 so far. I'm having fun trying to win it with all the Le Mans cars, stock, no settings changes, RH, and no aids of course.

For the Nurb 24 at least, the races with the AI in the Minolta Toyota are the best but it does not always show up. I've seen it do 7.42.8. If the Minolta is not in the race then it's too easy to win.

These cars were mostly undriven by me in the game ... I like them because without aids and on racing hards, you really have to modulate the throttle. Most cars you can just mash the gas and not worry too much about it. I've found out the hard way you can't do that with some of these cars though, LOL. Good fun.

Last edited:
I used the Mazda 787B with the turbo upgrade (like 720pp).

All of them were pretty easy with that car anyway. Passed everyone at nurburgring 3 mins into the race.

How in any possible way can you be fed up with the nordschleife? It´s the best track in the game. I hate it with prototypes, because they don´t take place in races there in real life, but the track itself is freakin awesome.
Because its terrible for actually racing on with cars of this level. I tried three different times to be nice and use an equivalent car for the Nurburgring race, and each time I got my ass punted off the track by the AI late in the race (two times were admittedly partially my fault, but still). At that point I just nerfed a FGT into the race and destroyed it, then went back to having fun on all of the other tracks.

Nuburgring can be fun to race, but anything over say... 600 PP just becomes annoying, I think.

This series is like its designed to get me to use the Chaparral. All the tracks are fairly smooth, and the thing tears up Monza in particular, so I had a hell of a fun time using it in the non-Nurburgring races.

Last edited:
It's possible to win some of the races with the RM ZR1, if not all of them. I was able to win Monza and Fuji with it, though in both races I won by 0:00.100 or less. You really have to make up speed in the cornering, because the ZR1 can't accelerate nearly fast enough in the straights.

And thank you. Gonna give it a go. i like the sound of the challenge.👍

I'm still quite shocked that Tsukuba isn't one of the five tracks for this round of seasonals. Maybe PD FINALLY got our message that we're tired of Tsukuba! :dopey:👍

That "we're tired of Tsukuba" is a bit to inclusive :)

I for one think it is a great track and considering how it's used in the real world it is fine to see it used in the seasonal challenges in the way PD does it.

the sauber destroys all these races

Does it ever. It has the highest top speed and its acceleration is quite good. I tried with the Escudo and it took a couple tries. Gearing means everything. Set the top speed too high and the car won't come close to it. Set it too low and it tops out halfway down most straights.

I totally agree, but I'm actually starting to become an anti-Ring person... It's usually good fun, but this event is just killing me. I'm using the Minolta--one of, if not THE best cars available for the race--and have only managed 3rd (if lucky) in the past 3-4 hours. Not to mention it's fully tuned... So I get from last to 5th within the first minute or so, but for the rest of the track it's nothing but eating grass and slamming into walls. I mean I had less trouble with the last Expert Challenge seasonal. :banghead:

It can be done ... I just won it with the Minolta on my second try after reading your post. All default settings, stock, no aids. That car is a really good example of one you can't just mash the throttle. If using stock gears, 2nd and 3rd are brutal. I tried to keep it in 4th as much as possible ... I was actually counting gears so I knew when I was in the evil 3rd, LOL. I passed the lead AI Minolta at the karussell and set my best time by 6 seconds with it. That's a really fast car.

Going to be some late nights with this one.
What's anyone's fastest laps and what car are you doing it with?

So far all my fastest laps have come with the Sauber and Minolta.

7:20.8xx on the ring, not sure if that's a good time?

Last edited:
BIG Thank you to PD for this. THis game needs more real world circuits. Yes I know this is only a seasonal event, but the optomist in me is thinking perhaps GT6 will have more real world circuits?

Back