New to the GTP_WRS? Introduce yourself

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,039 comments
Hey yooooooo guyyyyys,

Anyone remember this old bugger from years ago?

Well I’m back in the seat! And getting my mojo on again! slowly. Been a while eh?
A shoulder reconstruction, and two knee ops a few years ago kept me out of the seat for a lloonnggg time, And just didn’t pick things up again.
You know how it is?
Now I got the bug again, and can’t put it down. Got two more Knee ops in the future, plus a double discectomy and fusion of the neck upcoming too.
But I’m not going to let em beat me this time, nor keep me out of the seat again.

Just thought I’d pop by and shout out to any of the old guard that remember.
Maybe start in on the WRS when my drivings up to scratch again.

see you around the corner (in my rear view that is)
Neil

Hey yooooooo guyyyyys,

Anyone remember this old bugger from years ago?

Well I’m back in the seat! And getting my mojo on again! slowly. Been a while eh?
A shoulder reconstruction, and two knee ops a few years ago kept me out of the seat for a lloonnggg time, And just didn’t pick things up again.
You know how it is?
Now I got the bug again, and can’t put it down. Got two more Knee ops in the future, plus a double discectomy and fusion of the neck upcoming too.
But I’m not going to let em beat me this time, nor keep me out of the seat again.

Just thought I’d pop by and shout out to any of the old guard that remember.
Maybe start in on the WRS when my drivings up to scratch again.

see you around the corner (in my rear view that is)
Neil
I recognize your name from looking over old threads, but this looks like the closest we came to overlapping. :lol:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...e-going-gets-tough.102883/page-2#post-2926765

So you've not really been around since I started putting up threads, which was a bit over 10 years ago. :crazy:

EDK
I recognize your name from looking over old threads, but this looks like the closest we came to overlapping. :lol:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...e-going-gets-tough.102883/page-2#post-2926765

So you've not really been around since I started putting up threads, which was a bit over 10 years ago. :crazy:

Yeah, that sounds about right. That was around the time our daughter was starting to show the first signs of Autism, and was a very stressed time in general for the whole family cos the misses was also starting to suffer from stuff that has lead to her having major surgeries and nearly passing away at least 5 times, leaving her with a permanent thrombosis near her liver and with serious heart failure.
Me, looking after both of the loves of my life took all the energy I had, and nearly had me hitting the wall mentally. However, we have all bounced back and settled down now, so I now have at least some time to myself to concentrate on a hobby I loved again.

So here I am, annoying as ever, sarcastic as ever, just a little slower (for now anyway)

Neil

Hey all , it has taken a while , but I'm back .. picked myself up a new wheel a month or so ago , been getting back into racing playing pcars2 and AC , but I've got this itch I can't scratch and I'm pretty sure it's because I'm not here, chasing tenths with you guys .
I've had a quick look through the new rules / registration , and this week's combo looks like a good one to restart on ..
See you on track soon .
Jon

Hey all , it has taken a while , but I'm back .. picked myself up a new wheel a month or so ago , been getting back into racing playing pcars2 and AC , but I've got this itch I can't scratch and I'm pretty sure it's because I'm not here, chasing tenths with you guys .
I've had a quick look through the new rules / registration , and this week's combo looks like a good one to restart on ..
See you on track soon .
Jon
Welcome back! Have fun!

Hi, New to this WRS, will keep my eye out for some TT's I might like. myself been registered on this website since time began lol, keep popping in to look from time to time, had all the GT series, except the last one maybe, can't remember, Old & slow at nearly 66 yr old, still fun though, contoller is tough for fine moves, don't think it can compete with wheel in races or TT's, but its what I have so unless I spot some decent wheel going cheap, it will have to do, use to do a little Forza online races maybe 4 or 5 yrs ago, nothing since online.

Last edited:
Hi, New to this WRS, will keep my eye out for some TT's I might like. myself been registered on this website since time began lol, keep popping in to look from time to time, had all the GT series, except the last one maybe, can't remember, Old & slow at nearly 66 yr old, still fun though, contoller is tough for fine moves, don't think it can compete with wheel in races or TT's, but its what I have so unless I spot some decent wheel going cheap, it will have to do, use to do a little Forza online races maybe 4 or 5 yrs ago, nothing since online.
Welcome. We have had some very fast people who were controller users and looking at our most recent results we still have a few.

Hello guy's

I'm Chim from France (please apologize my english, i'll try to not use google translate....):D

After a long pause (almost 12 years) i come back to competition...
I was looking for time trials session as there was on GT3/4/5. I'll try to do my best and maybe will participate to online session if my level is good enough... we'll see........

But i see that i'm not the only one to make a comeback... :D:D:D:D

Hello guy's

I'm Chim from France (please apologize my english, i'll try to not use google translate....):D

After a long pause (almost 12 years) i come back to competition...
I was looking for time trials session as there was on GT3/4/5. I'll try to do my best and maybe will participate to online session if my level is good enough... we'll see........

But i see that i'm not the only one to make a comeback... :D:D:D:D
Welcome! Have fun.

Hey all! Some of you might know me from around the Forums, but let me introduce myself anyways.

I'm Obelisk, a long time GT fan and something I aspire to do is to improve myself on the track, both in pace and in racecraft! I also like oddball cars more than normal cars which hasn't helped me much in terms of lap times. :lol:

I just signed up for WRS and I hope I can do well in the weekly time trial against all of you. :cheers:

Hey all! Some of you might know me from around the Forums, but let me introduce myself anyways.

I'm Obelisk, a long time GT fan and something I aspire to do is to improve myself on the track, both in pace and in racecraft! I also like oddball cars more than normal cars which hasn't helped me much in terms of lap times. :lol:

I just signed up for WRS and I hope I can do well in the weekly time trial against all of you. :cheers:

Welcome to the WRS!

Please post a picture of your Bunny!!!!

Al

Welcome to the WRS!

Please post a picture of your Bunny!!!!

Al
Probably not the thread to post them but I will gladly oblige!
IMG_20221005_183956680_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220919_115542733.jpg
IMG_20220919_115550521.jpg
IMG_20221001_220950246_HDR.jpg

Guessn I post here hello world how we all doing new to all this ,any information to get along would be much appreciated, peace D

Back