Next Gran Turismo Will be a 'Combination of Past, Present, and Future'

The way I see it is that Kaz wants to bring the "CaRPG" foundations from previous games, all while incorporating them with the online elements GT Sport introduced.

I know some might think that leaning towards the past can be dangerous and I agree, but consider this... Many have said that while they love Sport, they miss the CaRPG element. Arguments against this type of career could be made but it's what what made Gran Turismo sell (and what made it so iconic).

Some games have tried to replicate the classic GT career mode but GT does it best. I welcome an evolution of it with open arms.

images

I hope one day GT2's racing modifications will return!!

Has to be the one of the most innovative features when it comes to racing games. Turning a normal car into its real life racing counterpart. Not many racing games were able to do that.

Last edited:
I think their future is strongly dependant on GT Sport now.
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I believe that GT Mode should just be left with good memories.
However, I do think they should release two GT games on the next console, a next generation of GT Sport 2 and a 'Gran Turismo remastered,' featuring all of the classic cars from the 50s to the early 2010s etc. I don't think a mix of the two works that well. GT Sport revealed the divide between the career players and serious online drivers, and releasing two separate games for each generation will satisfy both fanbases.

Although it does come with many issues, GT Sport has opened a door to those who don't have the funding and experience for serious sims like iRacing and Assetto Corsa. Plus, it has the potential to rival or at least be just behind them, particularly if PD release the game early enough before the PCs catch up to the end of the PS5's lifespan.

Last edited:
So this is basically the only combination we need for a perfect GT: past (nostalgic tracks & cars from every old GT), present (current graphics of the generation it'll be released) & future (new tracks, cars and features always coming up). We all know PD has what it takes to make the game of the year, they just have to want it. If GT7 is really going to be like this, boy I can't even think of the selling numbers...

If GT7 is really going to be like this, boy I can't even think of the selling numbers
That might be the issue though. Gtsport was marketed as anyone from 7 to 77 can compete and win . Well judging by who the people at the the big tournys that just did not pan out as true .

I think if pd worry less about numbers and more about a good game experiance the so called numbers will settle themselves out .

Plus now since xbox and playstation pre working together they realky are not competitors like in the past . Them days are over . And for the better in my opinion

That might be the issue though. Gtsport was marketed as anyone from 7 to 77 can compete and win . Well judging by who the people at the the big tournys that just did not pan out as true .

Just to be pedantic, it was anyone "can participate" by means of Manufacturer or Nation Cups. Not necessarily win or go to the big events.

I don't understand, even back then, why "7 to 77" was and is taken so seriously.

I don't understand, even back then, why "7 to 77" was and is taken so seriously.
I dont think it is a case of people freaking out over it as anyone with common sense knows it was gibberish to begin with . My point was i want pd to focus on the game and not some silly marketing or worrying about numbers when they have enough fans already to make good profits . I want the best game they can make . Im greedy like that i guess

"I don’t think that there’s anything else that requires that much processing power". Dynamic weather and time progression most certainly do, so much so that they left them out of GTS entirely just for stable-ish performance. Honestly, I think that and the A.I. should be a much more of a priority over VR, which only a very small percentage of players will ever use.

I just want three things:
  1. No online requirement to save your progress.
  2. Plenty of singleplayer content and circuits.
  3. The Subaru Legacy B4 2.0GT, last seen in GT6. Plus other less-popular JDMs you can scarcely find anywhere else but a GT game (or Enthusia or Tokyo Xtreme Racer).
I'm still looking to PCARS3 as my next racing sim, but I doubt SMS would ever provide #3.

The way I see it is that Kaz wants to bring the "CaRPG" foundations from previous games, all while incorporating them with the online elements GT Sport introduced.

I know some might think that leaning towards the past can be dangerous and I agree, but consider this... Many have said that while they love Sport, they miss the CaRPG element. Arguments against this type of career could be made but it's what what made Gran Turismo sell (and what made it so iconic).

Some games have tried to replicate the classic GT career mode but GT does it best. I welcome an evolution of it with open arms.
I think they’ll make a distinct split with GT Sport and the CaRPG aspect. Both delivered in a GT7 package.

Online competition is based on BoP. The tuning of CaRPG would screw that fine balance up.

Thank God he finally said something about bringing in more tradition after seeing kids playing the older versions as well as himself jumping on.
The Gran Turismo Career is what made the game famous in the first place as well as the JDM cars that the rest of the world didn't know about. The obscurity. The intrigue it created.
On TV we only saw race cars racing each other but here we were in 4 door sedans having a go. In mere 100 horsepower hatchbacks.

There's no reason why this shouldn't exist as well as an online component where people can race each other. Hopefully they can get back on track after their pretty successful experiment of establishing a proper online component.
If they can do this and bring physics,tire models and tracks surfaces up to par (let's face it, they are way behind in this area), they would have a masterpiece.

Personally I would like to feel more detail in the road surface. Smooth glass roads likecin GTS would make the next GT DOA for me.

Been screaming this forever, but the man likes the physics the way they are.

“I think in terms of races themselves and physics GT Sport has really reached the best place that we’ve ever reached – we’re at a very good place,” says Yamauchi.

The racing this gen has been great but other titles have shown what's possible, even on console, with physics and ffb.

I do like his comment about VR. I just recently went VR on PC and my god I laughed until tears came out my first 5 minutes. It's an amazing experience.

The next GT needs to get the physics right, have actual proper offline content and rejigged online if they want to continue with a Sport-style league system.

The current group system also needs reworking if it gets brought back, as well as having more up to date race cars. Relying on nostalgia will only hinder the game in the long run.

Back