Next Gran Turismo Will be a 'Combination of Past, Present, and Future'

From the past it will get the standrd cars without interiors, from the present it will get the sulless tracks, from the future it will support only the wheels out from 2020 onwards
ahahahahahah

Why would they?
To have a HUGE cars number ofc :D

But they could bring back the Smatphone/Tablet APP to design tracks and then remove the online feautures so the app will be useless :D

Or they could get back the VGT program so when the following game will be out they can let the new GT game incomplete with "coming soon" cars like in GT6 :D

These feautures should be included in all GT games :D

Makes sense that the next game will keep building on the esports stuff while providing the traditional solo stuff that people loved too. It's a why not both situation.

I've never played a single FIA race. It's just not for me.

Sort out the singleplayer (both career progression and AI)
Implement more advanced upgrade/tuning system (not just power/weight sliders)
Bring back the old Performance Rating instead of Nxxx

Do these three things, and the next GT will already be a huge improvement over GT Sport in my opinion

If Kaz is only now realising how important an offline / career mode is to some people :eek: then I don't hold out too much hope for it being a major part of the next game, and if it is, that it would be done as well as in previous games. :rolleyes: It is what has made the game, and while times may have changed, there have been literally millions of people over the years who have enjoyed the games pre online racing.

With no internet connection there is very little 'game' in GTSport, and I wouldn't want a future game to be the same. Not everyone is interested in online racing. Having lost 500 plus car liveries via a corrupted save recently, I want more data backed up on my console because relying on one save to server can obviously go wrong. I know it could be open to abuse, but perseverate the offline racing/livery/images/replay data from the online racing data, and let me save more of it to my underused console memory.

If a lot of the power of a new console is used for a minority feature like VR then I wouldn't be that happy if other aspects are ignored. I know VR will only get more popular if it gets better, but work on the AI, get time/weather transitions, whatever features / improvements that affect the most people before VR imho.

PD will do what they want regardless. :rolleyes: They know they are in a position where whatever they bring out sells, and the online aspect is where the revenue stream is for PD and Sony. I bought a PS4 just for GTSport, not sure I would have done that if I knew how much being online is intrinsic to most of the game, and how little 'game' there actually was. If the next game is of a similar offline depth and experience, I doubt I will be getting a PS5 and the game. Not that they would care if I am in their perceived minority of people who want such a game. They will rake it in whatever they put out. :rolleyes:

Sounds like maxed graphics/VR and, shockingly, not enough hardware resources for proper AI and a real offline experience to go with it. Why am I not surprised?

Past could be Licence tests that include video induction for sport mode. Imagine if players only completed a B licence and they could only race in B licence Sport Mode. It'd be different to a B ranked driver now that can slide back down to C or D, after one race, per se. Players keep their rank based on licence. If players are dangerous, it's the safety rating that drops them from a top level B/S to a B/E.

Anyway, Kaz referencing GT2 & GT3 as examples, combined, those two games have car count, physics, tracks, graphics. Plus, Chaser TRD Sports X30/TOM'S 540 :D;)

images

I hope one day the GT2 racing modifications will return!!

Has to be the one of the most innovative features when it comes to racing games. Turning a normal car into its real life racing counterpart. Not many racing games were able to do that.

1000% AGREE
Still is one of the coolest features to ever exist for a racing game.

I think in terms of offline content, Kaz should get very creative and steer clear from old routines and traditions. Gran Turismo the franchise is in a very good place right now because of a creative decision. Anything following that has to be within the same breath. Being an OG Gran Turismo player, Let me be the first to tell you, I am a bit worried he is not going to deliver.

Past could be Licence tests that include video induction for sport mode. Imagine if players only completed a B licence and they could only race in B licence Sport Mode. It'd be different to a B ranked driver now that can slide back down to C or D, after one race, per se. Players keep their rank based on licence. If players are dangerous, it's the safety rating that drops them from a top level B/S to a B/E.

It was done with GT6 where you had to progress through the licenses to unlock online lobbies. I think

So

Gt7 on ps5 will be classic GT career offline, GT Sport daily, fia and lobby online (shuffle car also please ;))and full support for VR. Sign me up. :cheers:

Ps. Even if mr.Kaz feels they are "in a good place" with the physics, please search for improved place there..:rolleyes: its okay fine now, but definetely room for improvement.

All this talk of a CaRPG makes me really want one, with quests and the cars as characters. A Skyline with a blown turbo needs your help. A pack of wild marauding Meganés are harassing a local community of Kei cars, go help defend them!

Motor city online? Need for Speed: world? Anyone?

We need online car meets - preferably with VR..:cheers::lol: Willow Springs with parking area, track racing, drag racing and drift events..:cheers: Lets call it Gran Turismo: The Event Horizon..:crazy::lol:

My guess is they will focus on implementing full VR support, and if anything is in the way of it pre-launch they will sacrifice it and aim for introducing that via the updates.

Example: Rain frame rate too low with VR - no rain on launch.

Please bring back the UCD,Kaz,not having it put me right off GT6 along with the over polished graphics,and as for GT Sport..well I just couldn't get into it.

Please bring back the UCD,Kaz,not having it put me right off GT6 along with the over polished graphics,and as for GT Sport..well I just couldn't get into it.

Truly don’t understand the obsession with the UCD. Hiding ~700 cars behind a stupid feature that requires hours / days of refreshing just to find one single car ... was GT5’s most annoying feature. Never again.

Would be so cool to play Gran Turismo online against 22 other cars all in VR. I love racing games but I don't have the time to try different setups or tweak tire pressures. GT Sport has been perfect I can just turn on the console turn some practice laps and jump into a game. I like racing don't care about dynamic weather and day night cycle. And I don't care to play offline bump passing the AI.

Truly don’t understand the obsession with the UCD. Hiding ~700 cars behind a stupid feature that requires hours / days of refreshing just to find one single car ... was GT5’s most annoying feature. Never again.

I wouldn't mind the UCD if they did it in a different way.

Basically, you can still buy every car in the game normally but the UCD would have better deals that pop up. For example, you could buy a car normally for 2,000,000 but in the UCD it could go for 1,500,000.

It would still retain the RNG elements but not in an annoying manner.

GT5 UCD was like a Classifieds lost of cars. The original "UCD", allowed one to go straight to a dealership and buy them.
I'd say Mileage Exchange is similar to the GT5 UCD and just buying a 1983 Sprinter Trueno from Brand Central, is like the original UCD.

Next time the FIA finalists pack their past GT games, remind them to pack GT4. That game made all wheels from all cars useable. Just to refresh Kaz' memory. :)

I think Gran Turismo is in a good spot compared to where they were on the PS3. All they really need to do is get Sport Mode attached to a full-scale GT experience with visual upgrades, better AI, a lengthy and progressive career mode and maybe some of those special challenges again like seasonal events. Include every premium from the PS3-era, the models we have now, maybe a few new ones and I think GT7 will be one of the best GT games ever made. I have high hopes for the next game's career mode because this time it won't be a knee-jerk reaction to an angry community.

For physics I don't really demand much, because there's already a game for that and it's called Assetto Corsa. Good thing the PS5 is going to have Backwards Compatibility. (Maybe just a few physics tweaks to root out some understeer) In general though, I feel that if PD just expands upon what they already have on the PS4, this next entry will be a real winner.

Next time the FIA finalists pack their past GT games, remind them to pack GT4. That game made all wheels from all cars useable. Just to refresh Kaz' memory. :)
We tried but we couldn't find an AV/HDMI cable adapter in time :boggled: but we were pretty busy with N24h anyway.
A few people brought GT PSP and Kaz had a go.

We tried but we couldn't find an AV/HDMI cable adapter in time :boggled: but we were pretty busy with N24h anyway.
A few people brought GT PSP and Kaz had a go.
:lol: Too cool. Wonder if he noticed the FPV GT and F6 in GTPSP. ;)

What's the next event? NYC? I'm from The Bronx. There are a bunch of tall buildings, pizza and dirty water dogs(hot dogs). You all can skip the sightseeing and get Kaz playing that game!!!

From the past it will get the standrd cars without interiors, from the present it will get the sulless tracks, from the future it will support only the wheels out from 2020 onwards
ahahahahahah
Looks like you forgot about one major thing from the past; the crappy engine sounds. I don't like the idea of them coming back in the next-gen GT title.

What about different levels of realism in different modes.
Like maybe something a little more arcade, then something similar to what we have now and then like a Hardcore realistic mode. Cater to everyones wants. And have all three playable in sport mode.
Also maybe venture into tying the career mode and tests with online as well.
Considering how many people only play offline, they could try to mix it up a little.

images

I hope one day the GT2 racing modifications will return!!

Has to be the one of the most innovative features when it comes to racing games. Turning a normal car into its real life racing counterpart. Not many racing games were able to do that.
Could not agree more. I remember having the S2000 as my first car in NFS Shift 2, and I’m sure all of us who played can fondly remember how it felt to slowly watch that first car get converted into a full works for the first time. Of course when you hit the big money it becomes a normal process of button mashing, but Gran Turismo used to be the king of making the ‘big money’ transition take forever.

They need to bring back the game length of GT4 & GT3. It took forever to feel like you’ve truly beaten it, and I define that as when where any car feels accessible, not necessarily percentage completion. GT6 felt “beaten” in less than a week.

Oh yes the Works feature of NFS shift series how I could I forget that lol. I hope Project Cars 3 bring this feature I dont mind The GT series looking into this feature too because its similar to GT2 racing modifications.

When it comes to GT sports musuem feature it would be great to have somebody narrating and explaining the manufacturers history. I wish PD found this guy from the NFS series and make him narrate the car manufacturers of the game how sick would that be.

Last edited:
Back