No E63 AMG and A45 AMG in GT6

Sorry for resurrecting this thread but I have a small amount of info.

I'm not going to say how or why, but remnants of the A45 and E63 are in GT6 in the form of hidden Paint Chips.

These chips include:

Elbaitgrün Metallic
Crystal Lauritsiver
Diamantweiss Metallic
Saphirrot Metallic
Obsidianschwarz Metallic
Südseeblau Metallic
Mountaingrau Metallic (This is actually matte)
Sunburst Orange Metallic (Unsure if this belongs to either Mercs.)

These chips appear before the VGT chips, so they were not added in any patch. I can only assume that the info Mercedes gave out ~1 year ago was in fact, correct (at the time at least).

So if these existed in the game prior to any patch, does that mean these are completely separate entities to the colours used by the VGT Mercs, even when considering those that have the same name and shade as those used on the VGTs? Other cars in the game that use the same colours, names and shades (e.g. Sepang Bronze on the Premium and Standard M5) are considered separate, and you'll receive them twice, so presumably there are two instances of these Mercedes colours in the game. If you say these Mercedes paints existed before the VGTs, presumably the paints intended for the VGT were included with the patch that added it to the game, and that these would be a separate set of paints.

Also, wasn't there an E63 AMG at the Silverstone GT6 reveal? Come to think of it, there was an M5 F10 too, and an M6 at Ronda. I wonder if these will turn up in GT7, as the chances of them as DLC in GT6 are pretty much zero...

The colours you mention are all available on the Merecedes AMG Vision GT Racing Series
Ahh, then it turns out I am a berk. But, these chips appeared even Before the SRT Viper '13 chips.
Although they did show off the racing VGT first. Who knows.

Twitter isn't always reliable, sure. When it comes directly from AMG's certified account? The margin for error is a whole lot smaller.

While it's possible they mixed up DriveClub and GT (stranger things have happened, like Red Bull mentioned Pikes Peak), it certainly is odd they'd throw an entire press release out months earlier, specifically mentioning the combined horsepower of three cars, where two of them aren't even in Drive Club (yet, anyways).

How does it not make sense when how long does it take to model one car to be ready for (if)GT7 Prologue this year? The GT3, E63 and A45 were leaked a little over a year ago. So, how long maybe, before that, was the GT3 modeled? And if the GTV AMG Coupes(without interiors) were made at the end of last year, maybe the E63 and A45 werent even started when the AMG leaked the info.
Plus, many things dont make sense if a Prologue is coming and there are 15(?) GTV cars due before this November.

How many total Vision GT cars will there be by this week or next week?

No GT7 Prologue

Someone mentioned in another thread, speculation of resources may have been pulled from car modelling road cars to possibly modelling FIA GT3 cars. Is it possible, resources were pulled to make Pikes Peak, Suzuka and this out both cars on hold at the last minute when the original AMG announcement was made?

We know the Alfa VGT pulled out without warning. So, the E63 & A45 may never show. May have been the SLS GT3 was more important to include due to the GT3 series races in the game(I have no idea). If this next patch or Christmas season reveal more surprises, fair enough.

Holy post resurrection, Batman :P

How many total Vision GT cars will there be by this week or next week?

There's 9 in-game (though two of those are the Mercs), and 29 total in the list now that Alfa's out. So, we're slightly under 1/3 of the way there. If the Dr. Evil-approved Chaparral lasermobile makes it in before the year anniversary, then it's slightly over. Either way, it's safe to say PD won't even end up with half the VGT cars they originally planned within a year.

No GT7 Prologue

I'll be uncharacteristically optimistic and say we'll see an official comment on that by E3 at the absolute latest, but probably some time earlier. The longer PD doesn't have anything to show for the PS4, the more catching up they'll have to do.

Someone mentioned in another thread, speculation of resources may have been pulled from car modelling road cars to possibly modelling FIA GT3 cars. Is it possible, resources were pulled to make Pikes Peak, Suzuka and this out both cars on hold at the last minute when the original AMG announcement was made?

The Merc's were announced a solid couple months before the game released, though. If it was a "last-minute" change of plans that's put them on ice, that's a seriously unfortunate management mistake.

We know the Alfa VGT pulled out without warning. So, the E63 & A45 may never show. May have been the SLS GT3 was more important to include due to the GT3 series races in the game(I have no idea). If this next patch or Christmas season reveal more surprises, fair enough.

Tossing it out there: PD may have bit off more than they could chew and announced the ambitious VGT plan way too early, before every manufacturer was truly able to confirm. Getting a few rough sketches from the design department to use as placeholders in game doesn't take much, and as we've already seen, the sketches don't always foreshadow the final product.

I wish the Mercedes-Benz SSK was on GT6.

66388fa1215cc12935d79253de72e7bb_original.jpg

Back