Players got a early copy for GT7?

• Thread starter The Cake
  • 239 comments
0001 UTC on March 4, globally.
So quick question @Famine.....

0001 UTC for me would be 19:01 EST (UTC-5) March 3 but my timer from the pre-download has it being available at 0:01 EST March 4.

Do you know if the pre-load timer is wrong or will change once it is reaches 0001 UTC?

I had fully expected to be able to play at 19:00 EST on March 3....

So quick question @Famine.....

0001 UTC for me would be 19:01 EST (UTC-5) March 3 but my timer from the pre-download has it being available at 0:01 EST March 4.

Do you know if the pre-load timer is wrong or will change once it is reaches 0001 UTC?

I had fully expected to be able to play at 19:00 EST on March 3....
The preload is already available, the day 1 patch and activation for downloaded copies isn't until 4th March.

this thread should not be a surprise to anyone, we all know GT career races is about rolling starts ! (Feb 26 .. 27 .. 28 .. March 4th GO!)

Hi there hello, I am a bit confused by the stance of your post's @Famine, I get what you want to pass as a message but a copyright holder should not be entitled to censor content based on a wrongful assumption that the visual or sound content of a game should not be shared outside of the scheduled launch date. I mean yes they can, but that does not mean that they should. Those kind of loopholes in the copyright infringement claims are base for many acts of censorship accross the internet. As a french cityzen myself I am not happy with that. I get that you are not sharing your personnal opinion on the matter Famine. But say it simply and not in a condescending way to Rotax2020. You are acting like it is all fair and square. But no, censoring contents on a dubious basis that this same content can not be existing outside of the planned launch date is a bad stance. Yes they can censor but no they should not. Especially when those persons sharing or not breaking any commitment and have not used piracy to get their hands on a GAME !
I am not meaning to get at you Famine, I would prefer having a civil debate on that matter. This is why on a previous post I specifially asked about "what was the GT forum's polycie's about the game content shared on the forum ,3 what are allowed to do and what not !
Thanks

The saved copy of the stream was removed just now.
There’s content all over YouTube including the intro, intro music and new car surprises; whilst these are nice to ogle I think I’m going to stay away from social and wait until Friday.

Hi there hello, I am a bit confused by the stance of your post's @Famine, I get what you want to pass as a message but a copyright holder should not be entitled to censor content based on a wrongful assumption that the visual or sound content of a game should not be shared outside of the scheduled launch date. I mean yes they can, but that does not mean that they should. Those kind of loopholes in the copyright infringement claims are base for many acts of censorship accross the internet. As a french cityzen myself I am not happy with that. I get that you are not sharing your personnal opinion on the matter Famine. But say it simply and not in a condescending way to Rotax2020. You are acting like it is all fair and square. But no, censoring contents on a dubious basis that this same content can not be existing outside of the planned launch date is a bad stance. Yes they can censor but no they should not. Especially when those persons sharing or not breaking any commitment and have not used piracy to get their hands on a GAME !
I am not meaning to get at you Famine, I would prefer having a civil debate on that matter. This is why on a previous post I specifially asked about "what was the GT forum's polycie's about the game content shared on the forum ,3 what are allowed to do and what not !
Thanks
My opinion on the matter is that Sony and PD own the game and it’s content. As such they can ask for YT, Twitch even GTP to remove content at any time in the life of the game. No matter before release or 10 years from now, it’s there’s not ours.

Now unlike some developers, and publishers, Sony and PD will just let everything go along fine once the official date has come and gone with nary and objection.

I’m fine with that.

So the streamer who had played the game due to an early shipment have been given a temporary cease and desist:
1645986351644.png

The preload is already available, the day 1 patch and activation for downloaded copies isn't until 4th March.
I know.. I already have it preloaded. My question is about the actual time I will be able to play the game.

0:00 UTC (March 4) is 19:00 EST (March 3) previous day for me (UTC-5). By that math, I should be able to play on Thursday evening. But the timer on my preloaded GT7 coincides with 0:00 EST (March 4) which would be 5:00 UTC.

So again, my question is when would I be able to play the game?

I just want to know if I am playing Thursday evening, staying up to or waking up at midnight or just waiting until after work on Friday (I might work a half-day instead....day off is not an option).

Hi @Famine , I get your point of view indeed and my post was not attacking that.
I mean those copyrights claim's are a real plague in some case. having you twitch claimed is nothing happy for someone living of that. And in this field if you are late on the "news" side you lose a powerful edge enven when you act in good faith promoting a game.
Ok with an embargo but when it is already broke there is no point following up. If people want to cancel their pre orders well nothing you can avoid even is as Game publisher you don't want obviously...
We need discussions on those matters may be not betwen gamers but hey...

@Famine

Ok, but then i will also report Jimmy Broadbent and the other payed reviewers to YouTube because of Copyright-claims.

Sorry, either they take down ALL GAMEPLAY videos or none. It cann ot be right like that. But this is only my opinion.

When i purchased my game legally, i can stream it however i want.

It would be interesting if someone had the money to fight takedowns like this.

You would easily win at court.

Here in germany youtube censored videos about covid-politics. At the court youtube lost all cases i know.

Polyphony can ask you to take down the gameplay, but they dont have a right to do so, if you purchased the game legally.

Last edited:
Does the code included with the 25th anniversary edition work yet for anyone? Mine says the code is inactive when I enter it. I guess I have to wait until the 4th.

Those of you receiving the game early are fortunate indeed. I checked the Amazon site yesterday and today; They are temporarily out of stock for both editions. Walmart was my lucky find. Paid for and being shipped.

What a joke, there are guys getting the game much earlier than release, and others guys pre ordered really early like me, have to wait certainly until next Friday on release.
The only decision with sense now would be, to make the game now available for everyone. That would be better marketing, as to block posts, with the knowing, there are not less gamers outside with the copy’s already in their hands.

Last edited:
I'm so jealous! I should imagine most postal physical edition orders like mine will arrive later...
Started checking your YouTube Playlist. It will take me AGES to listen to it, with 656 tracks! I like Sunshine by S.P.Y so far.

Way back when I used to work in a retail record store in the 90s, we were told that the store could get in big trouble if we sold a title before it's release date (we would always receive the title at least a day early, sometimes earlier.) I wonder if Playstation is going to take some sort of action against Amazon or if Amazon is too huge of a distributor for them to worry about upsetting.
I don't think Amazon will even be concerned. Probably all they will say is Oops! They're so big that Sony really can't do anything about it.

waiting for some of the reviews before preordering, but judging by the leaked gameplay the AI does look the same as in gt sport. some factors: he is using a faster car, but.. it should not be so easy to get a car so much faster so easily, maybe the difficult is adjusted to be super easy, or sunday cup will just naturally be super easy. a bit bummed out to be honest
Yeah, Sunday Cup has always been easy. You can use it to get a bunch of credits.

Pretty possible we will see gameplay footage very soon from guys like Super GT or Jimmy Broadbent and picked american Youtubers/Streamers and other invited by PD/Sony. So PD/Sony doesn't want to have the average Joe showing it before.
Super GT will be reviewing GT7 on Wednesday, March 2nd. On Thursday he will post content covering as much detail as possible. I saw the post on Redditt. Just hope it's not someone having a laugh.

You would easily win at court.

Here in germany youtube censored videos about covid-politics. At the court youtube lost all cases i know.

Polyphony can ask you to take down the gameplay, but they dont have a right to do so, if you purchased the game legally.
Well. It is called copyright for a reason. Just because You buy and leagally own a piece of art You do not buy the right to make that piece of art available to the public by copying it or transmitting it.

Providing clips of gameplay are the same thing as providing parts of any other form of art, like a movie or piece of music.
The owner of the copyright has the right to decide when, were and how their property is copied and transmitted. That’s the basis of copyright.

So yes. If Polyphony, or hwoever owns the copyright to GT7 decide to make a case out of prematurely leaked Content of their artwork, they do so with a very high probability of success.

What a joke, there are guys getting the game much earlier than release, and others guys pre ordered really early like me, have to wait certainly until next Friday on release.
The only decision with sense now would be, to make the game now available for everyone. That would be better marketing, as to block posts, with the knowing, there are not less gamers outside with the copy’s already in their hands.
GTP as a whole can probably count the amount of people (that aren't reviewers/journalists/influencers) that received the game early on like two hands. You make it seem like this simple shipping error has resulted in millions of people gaining access to the game while others don't - it's really not like that. We waited months and months with no information on the game - don't tell me you can't wait one more week

0001 UTC on March 4, globally.
I thought I could play from midnight of Thursday 3/3/22. As that is what my count down timer shows on my PS5. Need to check again tonight. Strangely look at it every night lol. I live in the UK.

Last edited:
I thought I could play from midnight of Thursday 3/3/22. As that is what my count down timer shows on my PS5. Need to check again tonight. Strangely look at it every night lol. I live in the UK.
I’ve just checked mine (I’m UK too) and the countdown would suggest that it’s playable 1 min after midnight on the 3rd into the 4th March

Well, Sony saw my screenshots. My Twitter account is locked or something with a DMCA claim.

So, should I just take the loss and not do anything or...?

Well, Sony saw my screenshots. My Twitter account is locked or something with a DMCA claim.

So, should I just take the loss and not do anything or...?
Your account seems to be fine - but the images in your Tweet have gone:

1646059993529.png

(although they're still cached by Google, so... 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Back