Players got a early copy for GT7?

• Thread starter The Cake
  • 239 comments
Really crazy whats happening here.

As a a private person, we dont have NDAs.
You're still uploading copyrighted material, so that's the reason they're giving to take it down. Obviously we know it's just because they don't want it out there yet, and they won't be taking anything down post release, but the point is they could, legally.

I'm puzzled by the insistence to shut down streams or photos from those who got the game early.

Seeing the game in action can only push those on the fence to BUY the game. Not that GT7 needs it, but it's free publicity.

I'm waiting for more details on multi class racing and if I can race offline. Still, I've already preordered

Last edited:
You're still uploading copyrighted material, so that's the reason they're giving to take it down. Obviously we know it's just because they don't want it out there yet, and they won't be taking anything down post release, but the point is they could, legally.
Interestingly it doesn't just apply to pre-launch material. Technically if you're streaming gameplay at all and it isn't UGC or it's part of a scripted sequence, you are showing copyrighted material and it can be taken down. That means races in GT are fair game, but menus are not.

Generally, this isn't enforced at all; there'd be no sense to it, because you're basically spending a incredible amount of time chasing down and attempting to censor material that promotes your game. And hosts don't go for it either - it's really easy to argue that a player's unique inputs create UGC.

I have also pre-ordered, but its a shame that i am getting it not a few days more early than the guys who buy it online in the PS store.

Last edited:
Why is it a shame to not get your game early before release? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
0001 UTC on March 4, globally.
Are you sure it unlocks globally?

The countdown in my PS indicates that it’ll unlock at 10:01pm on the 3rd, that’s the equivalent to 06:01UTC

Just want to make sure, it’s only a 6 hour difference but wouldn’t hurt to know

I'm going say this, I find Sony's constant takedowns a bit strange though. I know there's an embargo, hence why I even got DMCA claims for my screenshots.

However, while they have the right to do so, I want to know why they care this much. It feels like they're hiding something they're ashamed of when doing this. Though I don't know what that could be.

The stuff I shared was great stuff, things I think Polyphony should be proud of. Really, I thought their customization features were faily good. On par with NFS even.

Started checking your YouTube Playlist. It will take me AGES to listen to it, with 656 tracks! I like Sunshine by S.P.Y so far.
Its a delightful track indeed happy listening... I spent three years making that list must have listened to close to 20K tracks to find those few diamonds... Should make a fine backing accompaniment to GT7 on random play with a decent add blocker too ;-)

This is one of my personal faves

Last edited:
Interestingly it doesn't just apply to pre-launch material. Technically if you're streaming gameplay at all and it isn't UGC or it's part of a scripted sequence, you are showing copyrighted material and it can be taken down. That means races in GT are fair game, but menus are not.

Generally, this isn't enforced at all; there'd be no sense to it, because you're basically spending a incredible amount of time chasing down and attempting to censor material that promotes your game. And hosts don't go for it either - it's really easy to argue that a player's unique inputs create UGC.
It seems Sony time would have better spent keeping the gate closed than chasing down all the cows, if developer/publisher had coded the physical copy's like the digital ones, things would have been simpler.

It seems Sony time would have better spent keeping the gate closed than chasing down all the cows, if developer/publisher had coded the physical copy's like the digital ones, things would have been simpler.
There's usually no need; one of the largest retailers in the world screwing up and shipping out copies of the game to one of the largest markets a week early is... the edgiest of edge cases.

In any case, all the guys putting it out there - and especially the "microinfluencer" streamers - are tagging the everloving **** out of their streams and making a regular barrel of fish.

I'm going say this, I find Sony's constant takedowns a bit strange though. I know there's an embargo, hence why I even got DMCA claims for my screenshots.

However, while they have the right to do so, I want to know why they care this much. It feels like they're hiding something they're ashamed of when doing this. Though I don't know what that could be.

The stuff I shared was great stuff, things I think Polyphony should be proud of. Really, I thought their customization features were faily good. On par with NFS even.
They would most likely have delayed the game if they were too ashamed showing it to the world. Two words, copyright and embargo.

Not aimed at you in particular, but I’m sensing a general disregard for the basic concept of intellectual property. It’s THEIR game and it doesn’t change because prople buy a copy for themselves. I thought this mentality had disappeared with the fall of Napster as an illegal sharing platform.

Last edited:
Are you sure it unlocks globally?

The countdown in my PS indicates that it’ll unlock at 10:01pm on the 3rd, that’s the equivalent to 06:01UTC

Just want to make sure, it’s only a 6 hour difference but wouldn’t hurt to know
Can you post a screenshot of what your countdown shows? Also, what time zone are you in, because it sounds like you’ve maybe made a mistake somewhere??

Can you post a screenshot of what your countdown shows? Also, what time zone are you in, because it sounds like you’ve maybe made a mistake somewhere??
I'm not gonna make a screenshot or photo of the screen (I have no reason to lie about it so you're just going to have to assume this is true) but I can confirm that in the Netherlands it releases at 00:01AM CET

I don't think it's going to be a world wide release at the same time btw.

Last edited:
Yes, I know that, but that didn't answer my question. That can't be the only reason they're this protective, because Sony has been more relaxed about this before.

You didn’t really ask a question. I have said this before, Sony probably wants the embargo to have impact, and the constant leaks would ruin it if allowed to spread like a wildfire. It would be highly illogical to send reviewers a copy if they were trying to hide something.

Cancelled my amazon copy and bought through PS store, hate waiting on posties :) preloading now.
I will download the game too. Orders in this current world situation I think it's a little risky. (Though I won't cancel my steebook).

Countdowns on PS are notoriously buggy its gonna reset to be midnight in peoples areas after that initial countdown.

As I have mentioned before, my countdown shows it will be available at 0:01 EST March 4even though we are UTC-5 and it should be 19:00 EST on Thursday, March 3. I'll post a screenshot of mine later. I was fully expecting to play Thursday evening....
Hopefully it will reset or recalculate by then....

I took this last night at 8pm

My timezone is UTC -8

895C33F2-1556-436D-A992-CBDA449E77CC.jpeg

I suppose this confirms the game will unlock at different times in different regions

Shame, if it was 00:00 UTC world wide that would’ve meant that the game would’ve unlocked at 4pm Thursday for me

Last edited:

Multiple reasons but largest among them being spoilers. They don't want everyone and their dog knowing what secrets or anything not previously shown looks like before its review time.

There may also be a day 1 patch that those privvy to having a legit review copy will know about however, if a bug from a user who luckily gets the game early and then gets plastered all over the internet before the embargo lifts, that may put buyers off.

Ultimately, they don't also want people seeing the game played before the launch as they lose all control of drumming up hype. See most threads where people are attempting to avoid spoilers etc. If Sony didnt chase pics and streams down then its likely those folks will stumble upon footage and lessen their 'hype'.

It really shouldn't be a difficult thing to grasp.

Id be worried if PD and Sony had a review embargo for the day of release, as like Cyberpunk, it would be obvious that something is wrong. Its just simply about controlling exposure before release.

Last edited:
Id be worried if PD and Sony had a review embargo for the day of release, as like Cyberpunk, it would be obvious that something is wrong. Its just simply about controlling exposure before release.
The embargo ends tomorrow, 2 days before release, which is completely normal.

Back