Players got a early copy for GT7?

• Thread starter The Cake
  • 239 comments
From memory internet connection is required to play so even those getting physical copies still won’t be able to play till the 4th March, well that’s my understanding anyway.
I got mine and you can play the 6 music challenges to get bronze, silver or gold. That's the only game play. Plenty of video to watch.

You didn’t really ask a question. I have said this before, Sony probably wants the embargo to have impact, and the constant leaks would ruin it if allowed to spread like a wildfire. It would be highly illogical to send reviewers a copy if they were trying to hide something.
Oh, my mistake. I swore I wrote a question. I guess you're right about that, it's just that it felt like there was something going on more than that when they were so aggressive about it.

Multiple reasons but largest among them being spoilers. They don't want everyone and their dog knowing what secrets or anything not previously shown looks like before its review time.

There may also be a day 1 patch that those privvy to having a legit review copy will know about however, if a bug from a user who luckily gets the game early and then gets plastered all over the internet before the embargo lifts, that may put buyers off.

Ultimately, they don't also want people seeing the game played before the launch as they lose all control of drumming up hype. See most threads where people are attempting to avoid spoilers etc. If Sony didnt chase pics and streams down then its likely those folks will stumble upon footage and lessen their 'hype'.

It really shouldn't be a difficult thing to grasp.

Id be worried if PD and Sony had a review embargo for the day of release, as like Cyberpunk, it would be obvious that something is wrong. Its just simply about controlling exposure before release.
It's only hard to grasp as I just don't see trying to keep hype up that big of a deal, especially if there's good things about the game shown like the customization. and the information is only being spoiled a few days ahead of the intended time at the most.

but fine, if that's what they're truly worried about only, then so be it.

Slightly off topic but do your pre-order add ons show up under the game?
Mine don't show. I'm also on PS5 and have seen quite a few others say the same. Even the avatars don't show as an add on but they are there when you go to change you're profile picture.

From yesterday. Just noticed the GT7 icon reverted back to the 25th anniversary icon. However, it’s not scrolling the full title.

17D32ADB-B7AE-4D12-B75E-7528AEC5D59F.jpeg

Looks like this is the famous day-1 patch
Yes, anywhere i read, polyphony indeed worked at a day one patch, so that would make sense.

My copy from amazon Germany is now in process to will now get shortly send out as standing on website, so i hope, maybe still on today.. ;)

Probably not, also as usual it probably will be excluding Northern Ireland for March 4th release and we will receive it maybe in May or so 2024 🙄
Why? Because racing games are a bad influence? Do they sell GTA in Ireland? If so I don't see why GT7 would not be released there...

Why? Because racing games are a bad influence? Do they sell GTA in Ireland? If so I don't see why GT7 would not be released there...
🤣 no it was more a sarcastic post, to the usual treatment of Northern Ireland as part of the UK, as so many things or deliveries are marked as excluding Northern Ireland. For example, EE promoting their new product for the UK and in the small prints excluding Northern Ireland. Or enter the competition to win x,y,z // excluding Northern Ireland. The list goes on and on.

Just to be clear, my GT7 was just processed today and should arrive on Friday (I hope)

🤣 no it was more a sarcastic post, to the usual treatment of Northern Ireland as part of the UK, as so many things or deliveries are marked as excluding Northern Ireland. For example, EE promoting their new product for the UK and in the small prints excluding Northern Ireland. Or enter the competition to win x,y,z // excluding Northern Ireland. The list goes on and on.

Just to be clear, my GT7 was just processed today and should arrive on Friday (I hope)
Ah sounds similar to European deals excluding the netherlands... Like PS5 firmware beta, available everywhere in the EU except Netherlands and Belgium

Ah sounds similar to European deals excluding the netherlands... Like PS5 firmware beta, available everywhere in the EU except Netherlands and Belgium
Oh didn't know that, I know your feeling as its so frustrating and annoying, my best guess is that the Germans are behind your exclusion 🤣 (again pure sarcasm about the germans)

Last edited:
I have 92gb in total , don't know if its my Internet or whatever else it is , its a bloody slow download, I'm on it since 12pm and still have according to the ps5 , 11 min left 🙄

Done the music rally (each 10+ times) which let you play 3 racetracks while you wait 🙈

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back