Playstation store preorderPS4 

• Thread starter BarryB
  • 816 comments

Will you be buying a digital or hard copy of the game?

• Total voters
i gave up on virgin years ago after a small flood (literally it just rained for a bit) put my internet out for almost 4 weeks! been with Sky for 8 or 9 years and have had zero problems. i know there's fibre optic in my area but will need to convince the mrs we need the extra speed just so i can download PS4 games more quickly haha

Don't forget, for online gaming there isn't much data exchanged. It's in the kb area. A good ping doesn't hurt though. So I decided that 1 Mbps dl And 0.7 up is fine for me.

Last edited:
From what I understand online gaming relies on low ping and good upload, having mega downloads isnt the be all and end all.

Ok. It been two weeks since PC hit overseas and here in the states psn updated today and still no game. Grrrrr. :banghead: I know, it's not like I can play it yet anyway but man, it be nice to see it up and ready for purchase. I know you, my friends from across the pond, were happy to see it. I'm in need you see. I'm going to need a therapist if I don't get something soon. Feel like a junkie that hasn't had the junk yet.:lol: But I want it.:nervous: The hype is like Crack I tell you.:lol:
I highly agree with you simfan are they(playstation store) slow? Or is a surprise package? I too am going stir crazy for the same thing. lol:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sky and most other ISP in the UK only rent the lines from BT but yes BT have laid a lot of fibre optic cables recently, so that will be available to more people. Im with Virgin and they have there own infrastructure and never had any issues at all. Although they are not country wide.
after some research i found i can pay 50p extra per month over Sky and get Virgin 50mbps plus phone whilst keeping my Sky TV. think that's a no-brainer!

and just to get back on topic, this would mean my digital download of Project CARS would be playable several hours before it would be if i kept Sky! :cheers:

after some research i found i can pay 50p extra per month over Sky and get Virgin 50mbps plus phone whilst keeping my Sky TV. think that's a no-brainer!

and just to get back on topic, this would mean my digital download of Project CARS would be playable several hours before it would be if i kept Sky! :cheers:

Minutes not hours 👍

I have Virgin's top tv package with broadband home phone and 2 mobiles Mobiles have no limits on internet as well.

well it's actually the Playstation STORE pre order thread, so surely all things related to the digital copy can be discussed, such as release date, what we get included with the digital version, and how crap my PS4 download speeds are haha.

anyway, everyone can carry on as normal now :P

If you can get 50mb/s from Virgin you can get it from Sky. I get 80mb/s from Sky, and because it is with my TV and phone package it costs me no more than the equivalent package from Virgin. I do however have Sports, Movies, Entertainment and a comprehensive phone package. Not sure what it would cost if I only took an entertainment package.

On topic, my digital edition will be available well before I can click the button.

11.1 down to load and shoot , and 2.8 up where we belong or something .
Question ; is the upload enough for online games......playstation 4 .

If you can get 50mb/s from Virgin you can get it from Sky. I get 80mb/s from Sky, and because it is with my TV and phone package it costs me no more than the equivalent package from Virgin. I do however have Sports, Movies, Entertainment and a comprehensive phone package. Not sure what it would cost if I only took an entertainment package.

On topic, my digital edition will be available well before I can click the button.
oh nice, didn't realise Sky speeds went so high. i read about potential peak time bandwidth restrictions on virgin plus some friends' poor experiences with them so i've decided to give Sky a call and see what they can offer me, especially if i tell them i'm thinking of looking elsewhere. thanks

It's amazing how people's experiences differ.
I used to have sky and got sick of the bandwidth restrictions come peak time and unreliable connection.
Had bt infinity 2 which was bloody expensive in the end and again bandwidth was restricted at peak time and found a very poor reliability (net kept disconnecting) now I'm with Virgin cheapest I've ever had and the best experience I've had. Never had any connection issues which I think is because it doesn't share phone lines as it's cable and as of yet (6months) never had a problem at any time with bandwidth at peak times

It's amazing how people's experiences differ.
I used to have sky and got sick of the bandwidth restrictions come peak time and unreliable connection.
Had bt infinity 2 which was bloody expensive in the end and again bandwidth was restricted at peak time and found a very poor reliability (net kept disconnecting) now I'm with Virgin cheapest I've ever had and the best experience I've had. Never had any connection issues which I think is because it doesn't share phone lines as it's cable and as of yet (6months) never had a problem at any time with bandwidth at peak times
it's a minefield alright. i've never had a problem with Sky, i just want faster PSN speeds which i won't get until i go fibre optic i reckon.

it's a minefield alright. i've never had a problem with Sky, i just want faster PSN speeds which i won't get until i go fibre optic i reckon.
Yep, gotta love the fibre. I'm on a 100mbps plan and regular speed tests show the connection as 94 down and 50 or so up.

Yep, gotta love the fibre. I'm on a 100mbps plan and regular speed tests show the connection as 94 down and 50 or so up.
Thats good 👍, I live only some 200 km from you and I can't get fibre or even VDSL so am stuck with very slow ADSL. :grumpy:

PSN now has a countdown to the 7th May on the left of the pre-order info, But the text in the body of the information says "Due for release Mid-May". Now I am very confused. Hopefully we will get an official release date soon.

PSN now has a countdown to the 7th May on the left of the pre-order info, But the text in the body of the information says "Due for release Mid-May". Now I am very confused. Hopefully we will get an official release date soon.
I think it will be mid-may.
Playstation store teases us a bit .

Looking at my download queue on PSN for the preorder of PCars it stills says 7 May, aaannnnddd, for the first time it states the download size as 17.8GB! This is promising is it not? :dunce:

Looking at my download queue on PSN for the preorder of PCars it stills says 7 May, aaannnnddd, for the first time it states the download size as 17.8GB! This is promising is it not? :dunce:
Strange ..... here it shows 19.1GYBy's

19.1gb for me too 👍
Though it only states the size for the core game, not the add ons so maybe that's why I'm seeing 17.8.
Anyway, on the Pcars website there is a competition to win one of sixty free copies of the game closing on May 1st. There wouldn't be a competition like this unless they had a release date in mind? Imagine, "win a free copy of PCars, but we are not really sure when you will get it". Given the closing date stated, I think it bodes well for a May release.

Last edited:
Back