Pokémon Games Discussion Thread (Gotta Discuss 'Em All!)

I've shifted focus to the upcoming competition. If anyone is willing to trade a litten, and in return I'll breed a rowlet. That'd be great.

I've got so many BP racked up in the PokeBank that evo stones are coming pretty easy.
It's coming there for me, on 130 BP stored in Bank.

I've been busy nuzlocking SoulSilver and playing non-Pokemon games lately.

I'd like to battle someone once I get home today.

I've been busy nuzlocking SoulSilver and playing non-Pokemon games lately.

I'd like to battle someone once I get home today.
I wouldn't mind another round once I get back, especially since I now have all my Pokemon :).

I have 26 Shiny level 100 Timid Charizards, all of them are effectively 6 IV, EV trained, and have the egg move dragon pulse.

Anyone want one?

I have 26 Shiny level 100 Timid Charizards, all of them are effectively 6 IV, EV trained, and have the egg move dragon pulse.

Anyone want one?
Nah, I'm sticking with my Mega Charizard Y, has been one of my main Megas in online battles. Doesn't feel right for me to replace it

Nah, I'm sticking with my Mega Charizard Y, has been one of my main Megas in online battles. Doesn't feel right for me to replace it
I specifically bred for my shiny, because I love Charizard and he looks cooler in black IMO.

I met a cloner today, I came off with a shiny Regirock, two shiny Mews, and a box of my Charizard for letting him clone some of my competitive legendaries.

I specifically bred for my shiny, because I love Charizard and he looks cooler in black IMO.

I met a cloner today, I came off with a shiny Regirock, two shiny Mews, and a box of my Charizard for letting him clone some of my competitive legendaries.

I never liked Charizard design at all honestly, I think I mention it to death but its body shape and giraffe like head looks hideous IMO.

However, I love Mega Charizard Y so much :drool: pretty much fixes every problem I had with the original Charizard and while I never cared about X until a friend gave a Shiny Charizard physical attacker and Mega Charizard X has started to grow on me.

I use the 2 frequently now (not as much as some other Megas like the Water Megas and Salamence).

I never liked Charizard design at all honestly, I think I mention it to death but its body shape and giraffe like head looks hideous IMO.

However, I love Mega Charizard Y so much :drool: pretty much fixes every problem I had with the original Charizard and while I never cared about X until a friend gave a Shiny Charizard physical attacker and Mega Charizard X has started to grow on me.

I use the 2 frequently now (not as much as some other Megas like the Water Megas and Salamence).
I'm running Mega Charizard Y, Garchomp, Kartana, and Tapu Koko in Battle Tree super doubles currently. They've been doing alright, consistently getting mid-30s before getting the worst luck.

Last attempt at 50, everything but Tapu Koko died to Pokemon with moves that I didn't know they'd have, and got outsped. Well, it was down to my Tapu Koko vs... a Ferrothorn. A curse setup Ferrothorn.

Game over at #46.

Never been the best player in doubles :lol:. I usually go for Singles which I've done alright, though I always rotate all my battle-ready Pokemon to try different things.

Even ran a Focus Sash Male Salandit for a bit which was actually doing rather well :lol: (I don't like the design of Salazzle even if it is better in battle).

I'm horrible at doubles, and singles I'm alright at best.

My battle tree singles team was a focus sash Mimikyu, Mega Garchomp if that died, and a leftovers Toxapex if Garchomp died. Mimikyu swept most things by itself, Garchomp cleaned up, and if and Ice pokemon killed Garchomp, then Toxapex stalled it out.

Moving on to super singles, started running into things Mimikyu couldn't one-shot.Swapped him out for Mega Salamence, swapped Garchomp for Kartana, kept Toxapex because he's the most overpowered 3v3 pokemon I've seen, and destroyed everything. Salamence gave a safe swap to Kartana most of the time, and if both my sweepers went down they did enough damage to let Toxapex finish the match.

I can make a QR code team of them for anyone having trouble with the battle tree singles, by the way.

Speaking of Mimikyu, did anyone nickname they're Mimikyu? I nicknamed mine "NoteMeSenpai" :lol:

I always run Normalium Z on my Mimikyu because Z-Splash does amazing wonders IMO. Not to mention using Z-Splash and then Wood Hammer just makes me feel so evil and diabolical due to its animation :P.

Speaking of Mimikyu, did anyone nickname they're Mimikyu? I nicknamed mine "NoteMeSenpai" :lol:

I always run Normalium Z on my Mimikyu because Z-Splash does amazing wonders IMO. Not to mention using Z-Splash and then Wood Hammer just makes me feel so evil and diabolical due to its animation :P.
Mine is called Mimic. I run a Red Card on it.

I would've ran splash, but a focus sash is better for the way I wanted to use him, which is with swords dance.

Focus sash- Guaranteed to survive two hits, unless weather affects or poison do damage to him. That's two Swords Dances (Stage 4), and either Play Rough or Shadow Claw if Mimikyu outspeeds, Shadow sneak if it doesn't.

Z-splash only guarantees one hit to be survivable, meaning you have one turn to set up, and then you have to go. Z splash only lets you go up three stages, so a focus sash slightly outdamages Z-splash in most situations.

What would truly be evil is a belly drum Mimikyu. If that were possible, then the meta would be broken.

Also: Currently working on a way to get a glitched mew with a careful nature into Sun and Moon from Pokemon Red using the 8F glitch and ACE. It's going to be very interesting trying to pull this off, considering this is my first experience with item underflow.

Mine is called Mimic. I run a Red Card on it.
No need to remind me, ruin my Dancing Duos hopes and dreams :lol:

I would've ran splash, but a focus sash is better for the way I wanted to use him, which is with swords dance.

Focus sash- Guaranteed to survive two hits, unless weather affects or poison do damage to him. That's two Swords Dances (Stage 4), and either Play Rough or Shadow Claw if Mimikyu outspeeds, Shadow sneak if it doesn't.

Z-splash only guarantees one hit to be survivable, meaning you have one turn to set up, and then you have to go. Z splash only lets you go up three stages, so a focus sash slightly outdamages Z-splash in most situations.

What would truly be evil is a belly drum Mimikyu. If that were possible, then the meta would be broken.

Also: Currently working on a way to get a glitched mew with a careful nature into Sun and Moon from Pokemon Red using the 8F glitch and ACE. It's going to be very interesting trying to pull this off, considering this is my first experience with item underflow.
I like Z-Splash better because the set up is quick as it only takes 1 turn and it impossible to be avoided with Taunt. If the opponent is aware of the Swords Dance you can give them 2 turns to set up (especially if its a status condintion inducer.

I'll battle someone later this week in prep for the February competition. So that means doubles and only Alola region pokedex pokemon.
Do my Pokemon need to have the right symbol too to playtest with you?

Nevermind, forgot that I won't be available for the rest of Feburary after today.

Shame I would like to help playtest since I don't really play competitive myself.

I like Z-Splash better because the set up is quick as it only takes 1 turn and it impossible to be avoided with Taunt. If the opponent is aware of the Swords Dance you can give them 2 turns to set up (especially if its a status condintion inducer.
Z-splash is definitely safer, but the Battle Tree loves to throw bulky physical tanks at you, and that extra stage is really helpful to try and get through it. That, and with something as powerful as Mega Garchomp behind Mimikyu, I wasn't terribly worried about keeping it alive.

Z-splash Mimikyu is really good against actual players though, because everyone expects a Swords Dance Mimikyu. Z splash on turn 1 while they've wasted their turn setting up a status to get rid of your focus sash, then go for a 2hko.

Is it the same one that lost to a team of non-IV bred Pokemon with a gimmicky tactic :sly:?

Nah, I kid your team is strong, wasn't easy fighting you :).
Another guy I tested it on admitted to me that he had a hard time with the offensive pressure of the team.

Z-splash is definitely safer, but the Battle Tree loves to throw bulky physical tanks at you, and that extra stage is really helpful to try and get through it. That, and with something as powerful as Mega Garchomp behind Mimikyu, I wasn't terribly worried about keeping it alive.
Hardly ever do with me, probably because I don't lead with my Mimikyu though.

It probably gave me a bunch of them because I was running two physical sweepers, if the game even goes off of that.

My doubles matches tend to not be to much of a troll. Most of the matches I lost were to non-stab rock attacks killing Charizard, Garchomp being outsped, Kartana having the Special defense of a brown paper bag, and Tapu Koko being worthless against steel and poison types. Probably going to swap Kartana for a Venusaur and risk the 3 special attackers. The added bulk would be very helpful. Lead with Mega Charizard and Garchomp, swap into Venusaur for Charizard after setting up sun to help deal with it, then sweep.

Back