Pokémon Games Discussion Thread (Gotta Discuss 'Em All!)

I confused myself. I was looking at the Pokedex number and not the content of the list. I saw Aurorus at the bottom of the list.

You're looking at the list of Hidden Ability pokemon I own and am willing to breed for people. Aurorus was actually a special event only HA that couldn't be obtained through regular methods so I had to put it at the bottom with the other event ones. Since the original list excluded them because of this specialty.

If you look at the next tab those are my event pkmn

I just filled up all the available slots in the Isle Evelup, EV training all my old Pokemon.

Swampert being Hyper Trains almost makes me want to cry :)
I hyper trained my Jolteon...only to find out it had near perfect IVs in Sp. Atk anyways. I gained a few points in Sp. Atk so whatever. Off to grind for more shards.

Next up on my Hyper Training list is my Emerald Rayquaza and my Diamond Empoleon, my 1st 2 Pokemon to ever reach Lv. 100.

978.jpg

Supposedly if you try to transfer a Missingno from R/B/Y to Pokemon Bank, it obviously won't work.

....but wait, there's more! Apparently it'll somehow still manage to corrupt the nicknames of whatever Pokes are in the box you tried to deposit Missingno in.

Supposedly if you try to transfer a Missingno from R/B/Y to Pokemon Bank, it obviously won't work.

....but wait, there's more! Apparently it'll somehow still manage to corrupt the nicknames of whatever Pokes are in the box you tried to deposit Missingno in.
Well, what did they THINK would happen? You are trying to insert bad data into a polished game. Bad data that is from a game from 21 years ago only ported over to their newest handheld. If the game exploded idiots would still be trying it. No intelligence whatsoever.

So wanted to see if anyone would help me complete my dex on X/Y so I could get the charm and breed shiny pokemon with hidden abilities that wont be come to the Sun and Moon ever. Thanks in advance.

So wanted to see if anyone would help me complete my dex on X/Y so I could get the charm and breed shiny pokemon with hidden abilities that wont be come to the Sun and Moon ever. Thanks in advance.
The charm is easier to get in Sun and Moon I believe.

Shiny hunting has been awful for me so far, I don't have the charm though.

Just under 20 hours looking for one damn Bounsweet.

For those of you in Europe, Australia & North America, a second chance event for Genesect has gone live in both North America and Europe on XY & ORAS. In North America, this is through the code GENESECT20 and in Europe it's through the code GENESECT2016 and these codes can be redeemed until February 28th 2017. It won't work if you obtained Genesect during the events held around the world late last year.

Shiny hunting has been awful for me so far, I don't have the charm though.

Just under 20 hours looking for one damn Bounsweet.

Do you or anyone else know if Chain fishing still works for shiny pokemon? Not that it matters this game seems to have far less diversity in fishing than the past gen or gens. Which is ironic considering the type of region it is suppose to be.

For those of you in Europe, Australia & North America, a second chance event for Genesect has gone live in both North America and Europe on XY & ORAS. In North America, this is through the code GENESECT20 and in Europe it's through the code GENESECT2016 and these codes can be redeemed until February 28th 2017. It won't work if you obtained Genesect during the events held around the world late last year.

Do you or anyone else know if Chain fishing still works for shiny pokemon? Not that it matters this game seems to have far less diversity in fishing than the past gen or gens. Which is ironic considering the type of region it is suppose to be.
I'm not sure in all honesty. I've never tried chain fishing. :(

shiny fishing works via sos battles.

Sos battles are the way to get shinies in sun and moon.

There's never been one single way to increase shiny chance in any of the games. Occasionally mechanics are replaced with other mechanics (pokeradar > pokenav > SOS battles), but the existence of SOS battles doesn't suddenly mean that fishing chaining no longer works.

I'm not sure if the changes to fishing have made fishing chaining impossible. I feel like the chance of hooking a pokemon has gone down (though I haven't tried with any suction cups pokemon), so it may be impossible just because you're no longer guaranteed to hook two pokemon in a row, let alone 40+.

Sos battles are the way to get shinies in sun and moon.

What does that have to do with the other ways? Are you saying Chain fishing is only a Gen VI thing? And if so this obviously isn't the only method or assured method as you seem to put it.
There's never been one single way to increase shiny chance in any of the games. Occasionally mechanics are replaced with other mechanics (pokeradar > pokenav > SOS battles), but the existence of SOS battles doesn't suddenly mean that fishing chaining no longer works.

Thank you this is the actual answer I was looking for.

What does that have to do with the other ways? Are you saying Chain fishing is only a Gen VI thing? And if so this obviously isn't the only method or assured method as you seem to put it.

Thank you this is the actual answer I was looking for.
Chain fishing is only available in Gen VI. that is correct.

Chain fishing is only available in Gen VI. that is correct.

That's what I figured from the other post, either way I caught a shiny finally the little sand castle. I probably wont do the SOS stuff, and will just do the old fashioned matsuda.

Speaking of shinies. I guess I found my random shiny of this generation, A shiny Golduck. Found it while levelling up my Exploud, Dusclops, Kecleon and Yanmega.

Just some information I found regarding the move Burn Up.

Once it's used not only will you lose your Fire typing but you'll be in a "burned out" status meaning you can't use the move again unless you become a Fire type again.

Non-Fire types can't use the move (sorry Smeargle)

If you mange to give a Burn Up user Protean, you still won't be able to use it again unless you use another Fire move as Protean kicks in AFTER Burn Up is determined if the move fails or not, not before.

Last edited:
I randomly got Pokerus on my Garchomp.

Spreading it to a bunch of trash Gibles that I got trying to breed a 5IV one. Just let me know if any of you want the virus.

All I ask is that you then spread it to a few more trash pokemon and give at least one away to someone else.

I would be keen for the virus HOWEVER, it doesn't work on training methods that isn't traditional EV training (I use Poke Pelago), so there is no point on me trying it.

I would be keen for the virus HOWEVER, it doesn't work on training methods that isn't traditional EV training (I use Poke Pelago), so there is no point on me trying it.
Yeah, it'd be amazing if it permanently cut the Poke Pelago time in half for infected pokemon or something similar to that.

Still though, Pokerus + a power item means you only need a chain of 7 to max out a stat. Combine that with the Poke Pelago and you could probably have the entire Pokedex EV trained in a reasonable amount of time.

Yeah, it'd be amazing if it permanently cut the Poke Pelago time in half for infected pokemon or something similar to that.

Still though, Pokerus + a power item means you only need a chain of 7 to max out a stat. Combine that with the Poke Pelago and you could probably have the entire Pokedex EV trained in a reasonable amount of time.
Mega Evolutions are more on my priority list than the Power items, I've yet to buy any and likely aren't especially on how costly Mega Stones are :lol:

I've shifted focus to the upcoming competition. If anyone is willing to trade a litten, and in return I'll breed a rowlet. That'd be great.

Mega Evolutions are more on my priority list than the Power items, I've yet to buy any and likely aren't especially on how costly Mega Stones are :lol:

I've got so many BP racked up in the PokeBank that evo stones are coming pretty easy.

Back