Pokémon Games Discussion Thread (Gotta Discuss 'Em All!)

Speaking of Thyplosion can't wait to bring it to Sun/Moon and tech Burn Up. It along with a Protean giver Kecleon will make a deadly combo in doubles.

No worries. It slips my mind from time to time.
You're telling me, did an entire playthrough of Colosseum thinking about the Gen IV rules. Accidentally ruined my entire team :lol:

Speaking of Thyplosion can't wait to bring it to Sun/Moon and tech Burn Up. It along with a Protean giver Kecleon will make a deadly combo in doubles.

You're telling me, did an entire playthrough of Colosseum thinking about the Gen IV rules. Accidentally ruined my entire team :lol:
I'm guessing it became a curbstomp against you?

Yeah, was getting confused onto why my Physical attack Umbreon wasn't doing much damage with Crunch or Espeon not doing anything with Shadow Ball.
Feels the same as putting a life orb on my Porygon-Z during grinding. Feels bad man.

Pokemon Bank stuff is finally here :D.

Things to note before transferring Gen 1 Pokemon.

Gen 1 Pokemon have a unique Gameboy symbol.

Gen 1 Pokemon with have their Abilities and Natures randomnize. Can even have their Hidden Ability

Gen 1 Pokemon are guaranteed to have 3 perfect IVs (Ditto anyone?)

I'm more excited about making my Swampert have perfect IVs :D

Pokemon Bank stuff is finally here :D.

Things to note before transferring Gen 1 Pokemon.

Gen 1 Pokemon have a unique Gameboy symbol.

Gen 1 Pokemon with have their Abilities and Natures randomnize. Can even have their Hidden Ability

Gen 1 Pokemon are guaranteed to have 3 perfect IVs (Ditto anyone?)
YES. All of my yes.

*goes to transfer now*

About 🤬 time.

Also, just realized Sun & Moon don't have a national pokedex in-game and that's been moved to Pokemon Bank. Cool idea, being able to have a singular Pokedex that all of your games update... but it's not cool that basic series staple functionality like national dex and being able to transfer your pokemon forward to new generations are now behind a paywall, even if it is only $5 annually.

Plus, what about kids who might be forced to share a single Pokemon Bank? Now they're forced to share the same National Dex. Some might like that and have fun completing it together, but I think most would rather their Pokedex be theirs alone.

but it's not cool that basic series staple functionality like national dex and being able to transfer your pokemon forward to new generations are now behind a paywall, even if it is only $5 annually.
Could be worse. Like if Pokemon moves over to the Switch ;)

When can we transfer from other games like I don't know X and Y
You already can, just put your X/Y Pokemon in the bank and then put them from the Bank in Sun/Moon

Adding on to @RESHIRAM5 's post...

-Mewnium Z crystal is being given out to S/M players who use Pokebank
-This is once per Bank account, so only one game cart can get the crystal.

-All Pokemon transferred from Gen I games will have their Hidden Ability only (if applicable)
-Stuff like No Guard Fissure Machamp is now impossible, although the legendary birds will have their HA (as will Mewtwo)

-Glitched Mews (from Gen 1) cannot be transferred
-The ones distributed through events in Japan/Europe will be able to go through, any others will not

Unconfirmed
rumors of previous Gen event Pokemon having changed IV's - in this apparent case, any of N's pokemon (Gen V), the PKTOPIA Electivire, Gen IV Shiny Entei/Raikou/Suicune. Will attempt to test once I find my old Action Replay to spawn one...

Last edited:
I can personally confirm that some other-than-legitimate Mews can still be transferred with Pokemon Bank. Possibly because I transferred it to my Bank a few months ago before this update, but I tested transferring it back to the bank from Moon and it still worked.

Could be worse. Like if Pokemon moves over to the Switch

I have a feeling it eventually will. The Switch almost seems like a way for Nintendo to do both a portable and home console in 1. I'm not actually all that upset about it too. The Switch is small enough that it would fit in my bag so it's portable enough for sure, and obviously the gaming power is quite good as well.

Man, I wish there was a way to catch Mew in game.

Unconfirmed rumors of previous Gen event Pokemon having changed IV's - in this apparent case, any of N's pokemon (Gen V), the PKTOPIA Electivire, Gen IV Shiny Entei/Raikou/Suicune. Will attempt to test once I find my old Action Replay to spawn one...
As an owner of Ns Zoroark, I can confirm that this is not the case, my Zoroark still has 30 IVs across the board.

You already can, just put your X/Y Pokemon in the bank and then put them from the Bank in Sun/Moon

how?

Adding on to @RESHIRAM5 's post...

-Mewnium Z crystal is being given out to S/M players who use Pokebank
-This is once per Bank account, so only one game cart can get the crystal.

-All Pokemon transferred from Gen I games will have their Hidden Ability only (if applicable)
-Stuff like No Guard Fissure Machamp is now impossible, although the legendary birds will have their HA (as will Mewtwo)

-Glitched Mews (from Gen 1) cannot be transferred
-The ones distributed through events in Japan/Europe will be able to go through, any others will not

Unconfirmed
rumors of previous Gen event Pokemon having changed IV's - in this apparent case, any of N's pokemon (Gen V), the PKTOPIA Electivire, Gen IV Shiny Entei/Raikou/Suicune. Will attempt to test once I find my old Action Replay to spawn one...

Seriously I have 3 sets of the Gen IV shiny dogs.

I have a feeling it eventually will. The Switch almost seems like a way for Nintendo to do both a portable and home console in 1. I'm not actually all that upset about it too. The Switch is small enough that it would fit in my bag so it's portable enough for sure, and obviously the gaming power is quite good as well.

Man, I wish there was a way to catch Mew in game.
Not saying the idea of it is bad, I like the idea of Pokemon generally on the Switch, but the online pay wall is worse on the Switch.

Use Pokemon Bank with your X/Y in you catridge slot and put all the Pokemon you want into the Bank. Than restart with Sun in you catridge slot and put your X/Y Pokemon from Bank into Sun.

All my X/Y pokemon are in the bank already and have been for a few months. So that's a good thing, do I need to download something like an updated or patch or is it good to go, that was more of the How, also no poketransfer like B/B2/W/W2 this time?

All my X/Y pokemon are in the bank already and have been for a few months. So that's a good thing, do I need to download something like an updated or patch or is it good to go, that was more of the How, also no poketransfer like B/B2/W/W2 this time?
You need to download an update, you don't need to use Poke Transfer for Gen VI games.

I was just thinking that all you guys must be dreaming if you think you will be bothered to get your old teams to level 100 in pokemon sun and moon, then I remembered that ORAS was probably the easiest generation in history to get pokemon to level 100. :lol:

I was just thinking that all you guys must be dreaming if you think you will be bothered to get your old teams to level 100 in pokemon sun and moon, then I remembered that ORAS was probably the easiest generation in history to get pokemon to level 100. :lol:
I always found B2/W2 to be easier due to Challenge Mode + Black Tower/White Treehollow

So is it 1.2 now, cause I have 1.1, and I didn't get a notice like I did for 1.1
No, Pokemon Sun doesn't need to be updated. Pokemon Back does.

So I just transferred all my owned event pokemon to moon, I've provided a list below showing said pokemon there may be a few missing that I received after the date that I last updated the list. If you're interested I have provided the list of event pokemon I own below so you can see if you have any to be sure that they will indeed transfer, and not to live in fear. My copies (listed and unlisted) of the shiny dog trio event from 2011 did in fact transfer.

Back