Pokémon Games Discussion Thread (Gotta Discuss 'Em All!)

No I haven't bought the game yet so I was wondering how long it was going because i won't get the game until next month but I will keep you updated.
I can give it to your X/Y, it just won't have the Mega Stone (but you probably want that too).

I've got to say, after doing a little bit more research and thinking... I'm starting to gain confidence in my Red/Blue remake prediction.

RESHIRAM5's right in that they're not strictly done telling the XY story... but that doesn't mean that the Red/Blue remakes couldn't serve as the end to what he describes as a trilogy. After all, ORAS served as the middle chapter despite being remakes. Plus, as per ORAS, we're effectively in an alternate timeline here in Gen VI with its Mega Evolutions. So I see no reason why they'd let the opportunity to visit another region within this alternate timeline go to waste by returning to Kalos.

And aside from taking care of the Gen VI continuation side of the arguments, I'm beginning to think that the possibility of ORAS being followed up with a wholly new, non-remake, non-Z game is pretty unlikely. IMO Game Freak probably realized that starting two distinctly separate generations of Pokemon games on a single console (i.e. having Gen IV and Gen V both on the DS) is a little bit weird, so I think we'll be riding the Gen VI train all the way until the 3DS gets a successor.

Based on hints I've seen in ORAS, I'm pretty confident that both a return to Kanto and a return to Sinnoh are in the pipeline. So lastly, why I think Kanto's dropping first is simple: Diamond and Pearl are still playable on the 3DS, which means they're not as high of a priority. The 3DS successor will likely retain 3DS backwards compatibility, but it may lose compatibility with original DS software. So basically, Gen IV remakes can wait until they can use the excuse of necessity. Whereas they've already got that excuse available to be used to justify Red/Blue remakes, in addition to the fact that it's Pokemon's 20th anniversary. But of course, there's also the fact that the hint at a return to Kanto is delivered in exactly the same way that XY delivered their hint at a return to Hoenn: A backpacker.

And although this is far too simplistic to be considered smoking gun evidence, here's one final nudge for those who want to believe but aren't yet convinced: What colors are X and Y? Red and blue. What colors are ORAS? Red and blue. What colors will the final entries of this generation be? Hmm...

However, I still have some doubts... I don't think we have all the puzzle pieces to be able to put together a clear picture of what the next games are going to be. I think Kanto's likely to be a piece of that puzzle, but there's clearly more to it than that.

Last edited:
I don't think they will just ignore Zygarde. It has 2 hidden moves in the code of X/Y and OR/AS and no other 3rd Legendary is ignored, especially since Zygarde has a low stat total for a Legendary like it.

Whatever game they put out next I just hope it's as good as ORAS. Then no matter it is we will all happily play it :D.

Theories, eh?

Well, the next game will be Z and Zygarde will get a slight alternative to a Mega that will actually put him well above Xerneas and Yveltal in the BSTs.

And if there is one game to remake next...how about Yellow? It is there, and they already did the first versions. Imagine the hype built up from the third version remakes that result. Also, think of the nostalgia that would come about now from the anime likeness that Yellow has.

Also, I still refuse to give up hope on a Mega Whimsicott. Wolf in sheep's clothing, surely.

That's honestly what I've been hoping for since reading the theories on Red/Blue remakes I'd love to see Yellow Crystal Emerald re-done

Would you guys recommend getting a 3DS mainly for Pokemon? I have a huge desire to play the Hoenn remakes for some reason...

I've clocked up over 90 hours playing X and over 40 on Omega Ruby, and I've just bought Alpha Sapphire. I bought a second-hand 3DS and I don't really regret my purchase.

Would you guys recommend getting a 3DS mainly for Pokemon? I have a huge desire to play the Hoenn remakes for some reason...

If you like Pokemon and think it's worth it, then yes.

However, the 3DS has a surprisingly decent software library. So I'd recommend you do a little bit of digging to see if there's anything else that piques your interest. If there is, I'd recommend holding off on buying a 3DS until the new model is released in your region. If after researching, you've come to the conclusion that Pokemon is truly all you'd ever care to play on it... I'd recommend importing the Japanese model of the New 3DS as well as Japanese copies of whichever Pokemon games you're interested in playing. Even though they're Japanese, you choose what language you want to play in when you start the game.

Or, if you'd rather go the cheapest route since all you'd be playing is a single game series, maybe look into getting a 2DS. It lacks the 3D gimmick, but you probably won't miss it too much playing Pokemon... 3D is only enabled for certain portions of the game, and it usually makes the framerate chug pretty bad when turned on.

When I say mainly Pokemon, I just know I'd get Mario, Smash Bros and anything cheap in CEX.:lol:

And I'm not getting a 2DS, hate how tacky and awkward it looks. Thanks for the advice guys.👍

It's really good.

I highly doubt Z is next because like Kyurem in B/W there are 2 hidden moves for Zygarde (Thousands Arrows and Thousands Waves)

If anyone has the Japanese version of the game could they breed/send me a Contrary Serperior?

So, I'm trying to complete the Hoenn Pokedex, and I just realised Jirachi's in it. Oh, balls.

I highly doubt Z is next because like Kyurem in B/W there are 2 hidden moves for Zygarde (Thousands Arrows and Thousands Waves)
Fine, 2 Mega forms then. I mean, it's not like you can add too much to 'Z' that doesn't make you question the need for two third games again.

As some of you know I bought @Classic's old 3DS. It came with Y and I bought Alpha Sapphire the next day. It has to be said both games are fantastic and I would recommend to anyone considering making the purchase.

I'm 4 or 5 gyms into Y (I've just received Lucario and Lapras) with a team of Greninja, Charizard, Lucario, Lapras, Pidgeot and Bibaral.

In Alpha Sapphire I'm 7 gyms in just about to embark on the famous Kyogre-catching mission with a team of Swampert, Manectric, Migtyena, Gyarados, Shelgon, Latias and Swellow (bit of rotation taking place here)

It's refreshing to play with different teams than usual.👍

What I hate now about the games is that you are forced to catch Pokemon. Apparently you HAVE to catch Reshiram/Zekrom in Black/White. On top of that, you are forced to catch
Rayquaza
in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. If you faint it, you get blacked out by the game.

I personally don't mind as it is apart of story and is good that they are paying attention to the plot more than before.

Back