Votes: 30 26.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 66.7%
  • Too early to tell

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Sport Mode had seemed to have found its level. Now it appears to be dropping off again. Regardless of if it works specifically for you, is it benefiting the game overall and player numbers?

Discuss.

upload_2018-10-14_14-7-14.png

I don't know how accurate that graph is, but taking it as accurate, I think it's a normal decrease and stabilizing process of any game. Close to launch, lots of people play it because it's new, then move on to other games.

If >100.000 people are playing GTS Sport Mode on a weekly basis, that's not a bad number considering lots of people simply avoid Sport Mode and only spend time in lobbies (leagues).

Also, worked for what? Attracting more people? We don't know, because active users would decrease (as had been decreasing since a few months prior to the change). If it worked for me? Yes. The week I played more sport races was a week PD implemented open setups and Race C was around Nurb GP with Gr.3 cars. Then daily races became daily and I stopped playing sport mode.

Last edited:
Sport Mode had seemed to have found its level. Now it appears to be dropping off again. Regardless of if it works specifically for you, is it benefiting the game overall and player numbers?

Discuss.

View attachment 773477

How does that graph show anything relevant? It may be track/car combo and not the fact they've changed to weeklies. Even so, there doesn't seem to be a huge drop off anyway.

Weeklies are better imo. Gives people a chance to get into the swing of a race and car combo. It helps driving standards and encourages people to race tracks they may normally skip on dailies. Mount Panarama is a race I used to skip on dailies. I don't now it's weekly.

The only time it sucks is when you get an awful track car combo, which is why I think there should always be x1 race that changes daily for those who don't like the weekly selections.

I didn't vote.

That's what I thought.

So the drop off occurred before that, and the change has made very little discernible difference.

[sarcasm]
Obviously this:

14698F09-C933-447A-9392-B34C677A9256.jpeg

Is much more significant than this

41D49FA4-9ABD-4453-8D41-5434C8586F2D.jpeg

And therefore it is obviously this awful change from daily to weekly race changes that is at fault. [/sarcasm]

It hasn't worked to get more players into sport mode. The amount of active players doesn't seem to have dropped off yet my experience is that match making has definitely gotten worse, as in less players to match with. The people that still participate in sport mode seem to race less often or do less races in a night.

It also has not helped to make races cleaner yet that can be a side effect of not having enough people to match with. I play on the NA server and just outside prime time it already starts lumping SR.A with SR.S, play early or late and SR.B gets lumped in as well and the rooms are not full anymore.

The weeklies do help in getting people to stay on the road more after the first day. Thursday is generally the least clumsy day, however the weekend is still a mess, again mostly due to bad matchmaking.

The current drop off probably has more to do with the onslaught of new big game releases. I expect RDR2 to take more players again, including me. The weeklies make it easier to leave since the habit of racing every day goes away.

I am not a fan of weeklies or dailies. It would be nice if it changed twice a week. I would like to see a combo that would change Monday morning and again on Friday morning, or something like that. At least you wouldn't get stuck with a whole week you didn't like. Also, more chance for a combo I like to show up.

I prefer weekly, but the recent event selection has been in "play something else" category of bad. Two one-make's in one week is an epic fail.

I'd say yes and no. The quality of the racing seems to improve after a couple of days but if none of combo's float my boat, it's a long week till the next pick.

Remember when the game launched it had the current weekly change system. So it would appear that there was a much bigger drop off in player numbers when the daily races originally switched *away* from weekly. What we have now is the way it was originally intended to be, and I'm glad they switched it back.

Statistically, I don’t think it’s really changed anything.

Personally, it’s a win-lose. There’s much less variety in Sport mode than there used to be. However instead of sucking once and being done with it, I’ve been able to learn Yamigawa - Reverse quite well over the course of the week. So I’d say the quality of racing goes up over the course of the week towards the end.

I appear to be in the middle so I can’t really vote on this poll.

This week is the first I have not played. I like Alsace but after a few laps just didn’t care for that car. Gr1 or 3 I would have raced a bunch.
I like weekly often I only have time to race on a Saturday morning, so by then people have braking points understood etc.
I’ve had very good luck so far with weekly. No pressure that I have to race today or the track car combo will be gone.

Weekly Races benefit the average to below-average player the most. Granted, this is the largest player base. However, these are also the players who will move on from the game in the biggest numbers.

Of course it's too early to tell now because the game is still on sale and still selling. So new players counteract attrition.

But weekly races are a negative experience for the top, 30% of players. And on a long enough timeline, this will be the only group still playing the game.

Weekly events work for me as I can’t get on daily. And often when I am on I’m doing other things like single-player events or the livery creator.

That said there really should be at least one daily or 3 day event for those who want it.

Latest Posts

Back