Poll: how many cars would you trade for a better game/engine sounds?

  • Thread starter Thread starter danielc
  • 105 comments
  • 5,811 views

How many cars would you trade for better engine sounds/game/features?


  • Total voters
    282
Messages
362
Well people, this is my question...
How many cars would you trade for kick ass sounds/even greater attention to detail/more races/more features?(whatever scratches your itch...)
 
most of standards & all the duplicates
so i vote both over 300 & as many as needed

give us livery editor we can make unlimited amount of cars if duplicates count as cars
you tune them & paint them the way you want
 
Of course it will. If they have to resample 1000+ cars takes way more time and people than doing 3-400. they are proud of attention to detail and such a big sample has more room for errors.
Mistakes like the focus where it has 2 final drive ratios, wouldn't happen, 4wd issues,pit issues and so on.
I am asking how many cars would you trade for something(anything) you wanted but is not there.
If you think none, than vote none...
 
There is no resampling required. The cars are recorded when they are photographed, and the vast majority of them will already have been processed for the new sound format. What you are "trading" is time, waiting for that new format, either in GT6 or in GT7.
 
And again its not just sounds, its a hipothetical question as to how many cars would you be willing to trade for anything you want in the game that is not there.if you feel none, than none it is... The option is right there.
And there is resampling required because the previous method was just revving the car without load, where the ps3 gen cars are done in a dyno with load, wich is maybe not the best method(because dynos are usually in small spaces, and mic placement would be utmost important, not to get echoing and whatnot) but its better than the previous.
 
And again its not just sounds, its a hipothetical question as to how many cars would you be willing to trade for anything you want in the game that is not there.if you feel none, than none it is... The option is right there.
And there is resampling required because the previous method was just revving the car without load, where the ps3 gen cars are done in a dyno with load, wich is maybe not the best method(because dynos are usually in small spaces, and mic placement would be utmost important, not to get echoing and whatnot) but its better than the previous.

Hypothetical? Fine. It's still a nonsense "trade" (there is no like-for-like value or parity between the items; no "exchange rate"), and such discussions don't help the false expectations issue.


The sounds don't need "resampling". The recording method was changed during GT4's production, but they have not been used in a game yet (mostly). Let that sink in for a moment: they were planning the new sounds before GT5, that's how fundamental a change they were going for with their "completely new" system.

What's somewhat ironic is that the new system doesn't use the recordings directly (except for maybe the whizzy "engine" stuff, which actually is even easier to synthesise than the exhaust / intake - we'll have to see), so colouration of the recordings (and "artistic" downmixing) is not an issue. They're used as references, like a photograph would be for the car models these days, as opposed to a cardboard cut-out with the photograph stuck on, which is what audio sampling is by analogy.
 
Griffith, i know how passionately you try to enlighten us about the sounds(no sarcasm), and its not about that at all, i meant they need to resample pre gt4 cars because of what i said.
And the current method is flawed too. I spend a lot of time in dynos and tracks to say confidently a car on a dyno with or without load, does not sound like a car on the track.
I would prefer perfect track layouts, regular or better rated cars and awesome sounds(my own personal preference)
I just want to see how many people would trade current things (wich are 90+% cars, since we have 10-ish SP races and some very cool tracks) for things they want.
And if you watch the kaz movie part where they display motor toon you will hear some very familiar noises comparing to most gt6 cars, Wich is just shamefull.
Edit.
And if you let me make a personal poll to you @Griffith500 ;
Considering that gt7 development is like a small blanket (you can't have everything covered) wich aspect of the game would you trade off in favour of something you really want? And what is it you really want?
 
Last edited:
Griffith, i know how passionately you try to enlighten us about the sounds(no sarcasm), and its not about that at all, i meant they need to resample pre gt4 cars because of what i said.
And the current method is flawed too. I spend a lot of time in dynos and tracks to say confidently a car on a dyno with or without load, does not sound like a car on the track.
I would prefer perfect track layouts, regular or better rated cars and awesome sounds(my own personal preference)
I just want to see how many people would trade current things (wich are 90+% cars, since we have 10-ish SP races and some very cool tracks) for things they want.
And if you watch the kaz movie part where they display motor toon you will hear some very familiar noises comparing to most gt6 cars, Wich is just shamefull.

The cars "prior to GT4", whatever that means, would surely have been re-recorded too. Once again: the dyno recordings will not be used in the game. The Red Bull X-cars have demonstrated that they are not using samples in their "fundamentally different", "completely new" sound synthesis technique.

I think your imagination is getting carried away regarding Motor Toon GP's sounds. And when GT7 comes, you won't need to "trade" anything for the new sounds, in all likelihood.
 
I'm going with as many as needed as the assets aren't worth much without a strong user experience to bring them together, give them meaning, and deliver on a sense of achievement.

Something Forza 5 did neither of... 200 cars is easily forgivable with deeper more compelling game structure.
 
Griffith, i just realized you are the one responsible for the game sounds , just come out and say it... Lol ... Just kidding.
I thought it was my imagination too but i have used the same speakers and played that bit 10 times , each following a gt6 car, and its just 90+% the very same engine sound
And since the cars from gt2-3-4 sound like they did back then, its unlikely they re-recorded all of them.
If i remember correctly, kaz said they are waiting for a breakthrough that has not been achieved yet. Wouldn't be wiser to switch focus to this area, rather than squeezing more cars? Very few people will gather significant miles in every single car. In a 200 car game most people won't drive them all.
Would you trade pd firing half their staff for porsches in game? I know i would
 
I went with the 5th option, remove all standards for better sounds. However, that is the worst case scenario I can tolerate. If it did have to get to this stage, I wouldn't want the 100~ standards improved to a decent level to face the axe.
 
I went with the 5th option, remove all standards for better sounds. However, that is the worst case scenario I can tolerate. If it did have to get to this stage, I wouldn't want the 100~ standards improved to a decent level to face the axe.

All Premium and all Semi Remium for better sound and maybe some LMPs and LMGT the rest of the standard Cars can deleted for better sounds
 
Eran, its not too fair showing a supra, it is a halo car and should be premium since gt5. I am talking the weakest links, not a car that is ranked number 2 in people preference in wishlists.
 
Over 300. Theres a lot of cars in this game that arent needed because they are copies of the same car or are useless microcars.
 
I'd take worse sounds (they're not that bad) for MORE cars. Don't care if they're premium or not. I play the game to drive the cars not stare at them.
I didn't even considered this option, but interesting.
I have "bionic hearing" and it kills the game for me when loads of cars(with distinctive sounds) sound the same or not close enough.
 
I have "bionic hearing" and it kills the game for me when loads of cars(with distinctive sounds) sound the same or not close enough.

I kinda wish you had a bionic arm instead.
 
If that was the case,name would be steve austin... Lol
GT6-Arm-4.png
 
How many Skyline, Civic, and corolla copies are in the game?
 
Too many...i dont think there are many corollas but if you replace that for miata is well over 100
 
One car, no more.
 
Be careful what you ask for, another game series just made a massive sacrifice in track quantiy and car quantity over something very similar. You might not like having less cars for better features.

I personally don't think ANY cars should be removed to get the other features added to the game.
 
Back