POLL: Project CARS in Hindsight?

• Thread starter VBR
  • 208 comments

If you knew back then what you know now, would you still have bought Project CARS?

• I have the PC & XB1 versions & vote NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have the PS4 & XB1 versions & vote NO

• I have all versions & vote YES

• Total voters
You might want to check again who exactly this mysterious author of the track list thread op is. I dont think I need to ask him to know that Rockingham was never in the cards. :sly:

Well if it wasnt here ,i must have read it in another forum ,dont see what the big deal is ,I just remember it being talked about at the time

This didn't need a new poll with a million different options . . . What's the logic behind that ? It's a simple yes or no question .

I haven't bought it but I am still on the fence. I want to ditch the PS3 for good and move past GT6 but I definitely do not want a buggy game in return.

I said yes because, when I bought it, I knew the game wouldn't be the simulation masterpiece everyone thought it was going to be. I bought it as a bit of fun where I can drive a few cars around a track and it still fits that criteria. Granted, I've lost a lot of interest in the game just lately but I would have still bought it in hindsight.

This didn't need a new poll with a million different options . . . What's the logic behind that ? It's a simple yes or no question .

To separate the various platforms obviously, to see if there's a difference between them. I'm genuinely surprised the PS4 is 4.5/1 in favour of yes, as before the new poll I though for sure it was the pc numbers skewing the results. Given the amount of negativity around here concerning the game I thought for sure it would be closer to 2/1 or even 1/1 on the PS.

I voted yes...because pc.

Last edited:
To separate the various platforms obviously, to see if there's a difference between them. I'm genuinely surprised the PS4 is 4.5/1 in favour of yes, as before the new poll I though for sure it was the pc numbers skewing the results. Given the amount of negativity around here concerning the game I thought for sure it would be closer to 2/1 or even 1/1 on the PS.

I'm not that surprised. I think most PS4 users are really enjoying Project CARS (like me), Most people can put up with a few bugs as its (wrongly) what is expected from new games these days. Any negativity from me comes from the fact SMS weren't entirely honest with us about the state of the game pre-release (only needs polishing) and the fact they are still lying to us now (being told issues are fixed in a patch then finding out they really aren't).

I'm not that surprised. I think most PS4 users are really enjoying Project CARS (like me), Most people can put up with a few bugs as its (wrongly) what is expected from new games these days. Any negativity from me comes from the fact SMS weren't entirely honest with us about the state of the game pre-release (only needs polishing) and the fact they are still lying to us now (being told issues are fixed in a patch then finding out they really aren't).
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍.....Spot on......

Pretty much in the same mindset as you on this one. It's a good game, but it's just not quite there feature wise.

If they delayed it until November time I think they could have made what we all wanted. Unfortunately patches can only fix/add so much so I don't think it'll ever be completely there. But if they delayed it again there is a chance the game wouldn't have come out at all. I'm happy with it and in the 100+ hours I've played it it's been a blast and will be for long time yet.

I am not surprised at all. There is no competition on PS4 currently. Its Pcars or nothing, so results will be skewed.

That's not a logical conclusion.
Not having simlike competition on the PS4 is a factor because it leaves you nothing to compare it to. It's PCars or nothing. Still, I'd say the poll results are surprising given all the negativity surrounding the launch of the game and the huge expectation levels that came with it. For people to still think the game is worthwhile in spite of all that is still something IMO.

But I can compare it to other driving games on my other platforms if I want to. The poll doesn't ask that however, and doesn't ask if you have a PC and/or an Xbox, and own the PS4 version, and vote yes. I have a PC, on which I play numerous driving games that I love. However, that has no bearing on why I enjoy PCARS on the PS4. The game just performs/plays well for me on my PS4. Nothing skewed about that.

Yes I would still have bought it. I have the PC version and have had very few issues with it maybe 3 or 4 times the game needed to be restarted and of course early on winning in the rain was a bit tough but I got a good bit of enjoyment out of it early on and I would say I got my moneys worth in the first week alone.

I think some people expect to much from a game. IMO if a $50 game can keep you entertained or 40 hours or more it is money well spent. In the case of a racing game such as this most people will find that they play much much more than 40 hours so it is a very good deal.

I haven't bought it but I am still on the fence. I want to ditch the PS3 for good and move past GT6 but I definitely do not want a buggy game in return
Then go for an X1 and FM6

You'll be glad you did. I jumped the GT ship and went X1 and FM5 and haven't regretted it for even a moment :D

I wouldn't have bought it. Fundamental design oversights are abound. Menu systems are just terrible. But, even if it were a perfect game, the community is god-awful. Only about 1 decent driver for every 30 people encountered. I can count on my one hand the only good people I've raced against since launch, and I play online exclusively.

Then go for an X1 and FM6

You'll be glad you did. I jumped the GT ship and went X1 and FM5 and haven't regretted it for even a moment :D
FM6 looks to have probably the best car list of any game ever if you don't count legacy assets in other games (which I don't). Remains to be seen what PD can do with GT7 but there recent performance with the car list and additions to the lineup doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. The XBone is a very attractive option.

I wouldn't have bought it. Fundamental design oversights are abound. Menu systems are just terrible. But, even if it were a perfect game, the community is god-awful. Only about 1 decent driver for every 30 people encountered. I can count on my one hand the only good people I've raced against since launch, and I play online exclusively.

You have only raced against 150 people?

I still wouldn't have bought it even if it was completely perfect. The talk of all the bugs on the console versions shows how overhyped it was by all those desperate people who said it would be the greatest racing game ever.

For me it absolutely is the greatest racing game ever. The WMD members on here tempered people's expectations enough by stressing there were issues on the builds they had seen. There were plenty of advance warnings of imperfections. I read the forum for a year and a half before launch and got what I expected. Most things worked and I have had more fun with it than any driving game/sim on any format and I've tried most of them. There has been mention of a lot of little bugs in these and the official forums but I've encountered minimal disruption when actually playing rather than reading forums.

Edit... and I mean when I read forums it always appears worse than actually playing the game.

Last edited:
@Johnnypenso

That link for the funniest GT6 video is epic. Would be even funnier if it were true

Oh, hold on. It is! :lol:

Joking aside, it's sad to see what was once such an innovative franchise sink so low

They'll always have their core fanbase I suppose but those of us who are a little
more unblinkered have been and will be looking for more

@Johnnypenso

That link for the funniest GT6 video is epic. Would be even funnier if it were true

Oh, hold on. It is! :lol:

Joking aside, it's sad to see what was once such an innovative franchise sink so low

They'll always have their core fanbase I suppose but those of us who are a little
more unblinkered have been and will be looking for more

@JohnScoonsBeard

Oh come on now, its nowhere near the 'greatest racing game ever'. Toca 3 on the PS2 was better

edit: Sorry for double post mods, I'm a little tipsy :D

Not having simlike competition on the PS4 is a factor because it leaves you nothing to compare it to. It's PCars or nothing. Still, I'd say the poll results are surprising given all the negativity surrounding the launch of the game and the huge expectation levels that came with it. For people to still think the game is worthwhile in spite of all that is still something IMO.

There are more negative opinions from PS4 users because there are many more players on PS4 console than PC. There are also many more positive players too. The ratio of happy to sad is probably not dissimilar.

In the English language, yes.

Yeah actually, if someone said "he's a decent guy" "he's a good guy" it would be the same thing.

You limes are so weird, making synonyms out of all different words. Good drivers are much better than decent drivers. Decent means they keep the car on the track and race clean. Good means they are decent plus fast.

Back