(POLL) Should PD make gr.VGT for all VGT cars?

• Thread starter ivann
  • 35 comments

as the title says

• Total voters
Its unlogical, some VGT are in gr1, some are not.
Whats the deal?

I think it is because those are easily homologated that a Chaparral using a laser engine, but it is clear that some as the BMW VGT, the Lexus VGT and the Mercedes Racing aseries VGT could fit in GR3/GR1

Yes, please, only real world LMPs in Gr. 1 OR fantasy LMPs which actually look like LMPs.

Then also give us the option to enforce cockpit view in lobbies (not sport mode) and, more importantly, give us multiclass races with multiclass BoP.

The problem of Gr 1 is the inconsistency of the cars' specifications across the gr 1, which should be a development race car class.
For me, the non-hybrid cars should be separated from the hybrids, and inside the hybrid gr1 class, the car weight should be unified, only power of the engine will be subject to bop, and the deployment of electric power should be similar across the group, so the VGTs could be more in harmony with the real LMP1s.

The current implication of gr 1, with hybrids and non-hybrids in the same group, and weight and power figures all over the place, is just a unmanageable nightmare to me.

I agree that it would be good if they could be put in the relevant N category or Group. But they can't all be in the same one, and they definitely shouldn't be all in Gr.1.
Thats exactly what i meant, but it would be overcomplicated poll.
Like N100-N1000 classes, it would be VGT100-VGT1000+ classes.
And there are cars currently in gr.x that could be easy BoP-ed to fit in gr.1.
Latest Audi VGT gets gr.1 model while others cant make it. Its not right.

Thats exactly what i meant, but it would be overcomplicated poll.
Like N100-N1000 classes, it would be VGT100-VGT1000+ classes.
And there are cars currently in gr.x that could be easy BoP-ed to fit in gr.1.
Latest Audi VGT gets gr.1 model while others cant make it. Its not right.

I don't agree with separating them into their own VGT classes though. I'd rather they were categorised into existing N groups, or Gr.1/2/3/4... or left in Gr.X in some cases (well, the 2X mainly)

Gr. 1 for all the VGTs? Daily Race 3 is going to be a Tomahawk X vs. X2014 vs. Chaparral 2X then isn't it?

Gr. 1 for all the VGTs? Daily Race 3 is going to be a Tomahawk X vs. X2014 vs. Chaparral 2X then isn't it?
All VGT´s that could fit just like Audi VGT fitted. There are Hyunday, Subaru, Mercedes, Aston Martin VGT´s that could go gr.1 but they dont. Why?
And its Bugatti VGT vs L750 VGT vs Mazda VGT now isnt it?
It leaves real LMP race cars useless (except 919 rarely), when did you see R18 or Peugeot HDi or Toyota TS all over top 10 leaderboards and dominating races like Bugatti curently?
I want VGT´s separated from real cars, and want to see if majority agrees.

I think their next step is to make N class races in Sport mode. I would love to race with all that diversity, I really don’t find One Makes to be very interesting.

But balancing is very hard but once that gets going, I think they’ll tackle GrX eventually.

No. That would be such a waste of effort and time. The same manpower and time should be allocated to bring more interesting cars and tracks in my opinion.

Peugoet 908 HDI and Audi r18 2011 need to be in their own category they cant compete with the LMp1 H cars.

I feel like we need to split these sort of things if PD is willing to do it. Project Cars 2 seems to do good by splitting it up into various classes the problem is they also dont get it perfect.

The problem is that the VGTs go from the Copen to the Tomahawk.

They probably need to be broken down in to VGT100 - 1000 to X.

PD should just include more granularity in races. Some should have competive VGTs mixed in, some shouldnt.

A fourth option should be added "Get rid of *ALL* VGT cars". Then a lot of problems are solved.

Yeah, but that'd be like removing other peoples choice because you think your opinion counts for more than theirs... and no one wants to be that guy... do they?

I think that cars that don't exist should never be allowed on the same track with cars that do.

If I want to play Pod Racer, I can go play that.

So why did you buy a game with cars that don't exist in it?

I personally love the VGT cars, though while I know there are plenty that dont like them either and for occasionally understandable reasons, I genuinely dont see the issue with what we already have here with some VGTs in Gr3 and Gr1, Honestly if anything, I wish more of them were in those classes as then they wouldnt have to be left in GrX purgatory (i mean, there have to be some exceptions otherwise it wouldnt be fair and thats fine, but still :P) the BMW VGT could work well if there was a Gr3/Gr4 variant as an example (and i dont like the BMW VGT).

Those wanting all VGTs to be removed are being 'no fun' about the whole thing though, whats wrong with having something genuinely unique in a game for once eh?

It's not about the 'fun' of it, it's about respecting other people having a chance to enjoy the game through diversity. I have no interest in cars like the old Jag (for example), and that too doesn't really 'fit' anywhere in the game, but I don't go around getting pissy about it's inclusion because I understand that classic/vintage/historic racing cars are something the car community enjoys (as are concept cars), and as such - there are people that will get satisfaction out of it.

Live and let live! There's plenty of other games out there, enjoy those instead!

Options is always good.

If I'm racing a particular kind of race and I'm seeing GT3s, 458s, Corvettes, Huracans then there's an incongruity when I see Venenos Veyrons and the XJ13 330p4 and the VGTs...

I do like a seeing a defined class of car in a race but that's just me.

If I'm in a VGT race then I'm fine with all VGTs.

I think that cars that don't exist should never be allowed on the same track with cars that do.
Too bad that a lot of cars in previous GTs have been fantasy cars and would you really enjoy a Gr.4 race with only the TT and the Cayman? :dunce:
ALSO basically every car is a fantasy car as somebody once had the fantasy to design it :boggled:

There is already group X, I just don't understand the category definition LOL :D

GR X is a catchall for any car that doesn't fit into an easily defined category, or to be excluded from it. For instance, all pace cars are GR X.

I believe that there should be a separate group for VGT's. Use BoP to level them out. As it stands, it destroys the illusion of the simulation. By the same token, I feel the VGT's should be removed from the other groups for the same reason.

For instance, I am a HUGE VW fan, but I hate using their Gr3 cars because they are pure fantasy that don't even remotely look like they would be allowed to compete. If the Beetle, for instance, at least used the proper tire and wheel sizes, at least it would look the part and support the illusion.

IMHO, the only reason the VGT's are in the other classes is to placate the artists and devs who worked on those cars since they are so unpopular and get so little use.

Back